berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Aug 18 2011 04:48 AM
Re: tis the season

I failed to mention having a small DC/AC inverter for cell phone charging and laptops that plugs right into the cigarette lighter...they may or may not come with USB charging ports. I also like Michael's idea of the propane tanks...they have a number of uses and last a good long time. I also forgot to add some generators can be made to run on propane and/or natural gas, others on diesel and for folks really off the grid...solar. One note about AM radio; at night many stations must reduce transmission power to within a few miles of their towers or completely go off the air in favor of stations allowed to broadcast at 50,000 watts at night; the one we most know is WWL-AM 870 out of New Orleans which has excellent hurricane reporting regardless of where along the Gulf coast.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center