Prospero
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Sep 05 2017 08:29 PM
Re: Insulin during Power Outages - Diabetes Issues

Quote:

Daniel Jones:
You may want to look into Cooluli .

Amazon brought our Cooluli today. I plugged it in, set it on "cool", and took the thermometer from our fridge and put it into it. The Cooluli runs totally quiet, and the temperature is colder than our fridge.

This is a tool in our toolbox for a hurricane, but all I can think right now is how many bags of ice we have bought and melted over the years to keep my wife's insulin cool during one or two day road trips, concerts, family visits, and so on.

It won't hold a 90 day prescription, but it will hold a week or two in an emergency.

Thanks Daniel, one of the best Diabetic tips we've got in years!

Quote:

justmeinflorida:
FRIO insulin wallet gets activated with water and will keep insulin cool for 2 days, then you just wet it again to re-activate.

This will likely be another Diabetic tool for our toolbox as well. We'll use it more on a day-to-day agenda I think, but it appears to be a great asset for our lives. Reviews are very positive and at $24.95 for the Large (8 pens) we can't lose. Even if it is just for a day or two at the beach or on a spontaneous road trip.
Thanks justmeinflorida!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center