Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 28 2004 08:49 PM
umbrellas in florida

>>E'en all. Still sick. Add to that the DNC and undoubtedly I'll be sicker still as the evening wears on.

Too bad about that illness. This here independent city boy (conduCive to liberalism I suppose) hasn't voted for a Democrat for President since '88 (been going 3rd Party). That's gonna change. Fundamentalists scare me worse than welfare moms in their heyday ever did. (Sorry Ed).

Bobbi,

I'm not bullish. I'm assuming you're referring to an imposter steve - such as Dr. Lyons or something . I'd love to see it, but I need to be convinced this time. Call me a Missourian until something happens.

Steve

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Jul 28 2004 08:58 PM
Steve, I think you mean "Libertarian"

Libertarians (probably more what I consider myself than any party label) are the ones who think the "government should stay the hell out of peoples lives" than the rest. Both major parties want too much big gov't. This'll get nuked in 20 seconds but just wanted to get my piece it.

This is not a political site, and I sure as heck don't want to lead it anywhere near that slipperly slope. Weather is the only thing that matters here, I just heard one or two comments about NHC not classifying 98L because it would scare the democratic national convention...puh-lease. They may have their reasons for not classifing TD's, but it's not because they're afraid Al Sharpton will worry about wind/rain mussing up his 'do. That's all I'm gonna say on this till after election day. Hope you FLA residents have fixed that little bug from '00. Actually, not the residents' fault, your local Board of Elections' might need replacing though.

Anyway, lets keep it on the weather from now on. Or spelling, or Nepalese chicks or bashing the NHC. Sorry for the rant. Just wish there was something meterological to discuss...

Cheers,

LI Phil

Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 28 2004 09:02 PM
Re: Steve, I think you mean "Libertarian"

Libertarian only when it comes to social policy (their economic stuff is too weird). Hands off this body, this bladder and my house. But I did vote for Harry Browne in 2000 Oh yeah, hurricanes rule

(Post screaming, "Delete Me"!) - Sorry Ed #2

Steve

LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 28 2004 09:45 PM
steve, phil and ed and rain

and you guys think i have a death wish?

its pouring in Miami.. really heavy rain
notice the radar is splotchy and all over

having problems seeing where exactly this tropical depression is going to form

steve... i meant LYONS.. wrote TWC.. figured you knew that..sorry..

if you haven't noticed Steve is a real common name
so is Jason
Phil isn't and Ed is a past participle

I do english..not spelling
literature, not grammar
writing, not correcting

as for a better understanding

let me explain this..

Miami is in the tropics.. we have WARM rain.. in the summer
usually the sun comes out and dries you off fast
if you don't like to be wet like some people then you carry around those northern little walking sticks
if you are a real true Southerner.. real Miamian
old line Miami Cracker..
you don't carry no umbrella.. those are for city boys

you dry off..
or change
or enjoy being wet
i obviously enjoy being wet

grandma always told me rain water made your hair soft

I stand around watching storm surge at the ocean, I watch storms build and break.. id look a little hypocritical going "oh my gosh.. im getting wet.. help me .. I'll melt"

Yes.......i have a Double Major, so so true
remember that..
online its hard to remember..those who know me dont have a problem remembering

i am sure that Ed will yank some post here.. and rightly so though I dont know if hes a yankee or not, but its his job

Truth is... I think during the week of the political conventions it would be very inhuman for us to pretend it wasnt going on and if we aren't using this forum to get on a soap box and give long essays.. I think a certain tolerance could be shown for a line or two .. I mean ..shows we are living in the times, in the world.. part of it.

We are people, we have views..there are places to put those views where people want to hear but can't see how we expect to get thru the conventions and pretend they dont exist.

is this post long enough?
no..

someone please give me approximate cords for where Mr. Lyons possible tropical depression might form... please, because when i look.. i just dont see it. And, they are usually very skittish over at TWC on calling for tropical development before there is even a low at the surface.

That's it.. taking my double majors and going to bed with them.

nite yall
ps... dated a really nice Libertarian once.. tried to get me to read Ayn Rand and wrote me lots of beautiful poetry, good stuff, nice boy. Scared my mother.. those little "legalize gold" comments on his envelopes made her real nervous.

Maybe.. a note to Ed here.. when we get closer to the actual election..we could have a board just for comments on any policies that might affect weather.. ecology, environment, global warning policies..things like that.. being serious now. Something to think on.

nite.. Boobi

WXMAN RICHIE
(Weather Master)
Wed Jul 28 2004 09:54 PM
2004 Season to begin soon

Hi All,

I am back for another exciting year. I have been away for most of the summer, but I haven't missed much so far. Now that I am back, the season will begin. August 1st is just around the corner and I think the season is just about ready to kick in. Looks like the gulf just to the west of Key West is the place to watch for the next day or so.

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Jul 28 2004 10:03 PM
Weatherman Richie

Was gonna call it a night, but, well, as a fellow yankees fan, I couldn't let that one go...

Where you from, anyway, Syosset? I get all you LI-to-Fla guys/gals mixed up.

Karim who? 1918? Bucky f----in' Dent? Aaron f----in' Boone? Ed may be the only Soucks fan on the board anyhoo. BTW, when the Yankees trade for Randy Johnson on Friday afternoon, will there be any stopping them? Steve, picture LSU or the 'aints winning three or four nat'l championships/Super Bowls in a row...then multiply that by 9! That's what it's like to be a New York Yankee.

Remember the fight this weekend? No, all we remember it was A-God. The Red Sock? Varitek? Obviously first ballot hall of famer...not.

I mean, since ED's gonna nuke this post, I might as well get a few kicks in, no?

(Sorry ED, I had to).

OK, obviously the cold med is kicking in. Will sign off. Talk to you all tomorrow, with a different perspective on the tropicx.

Cheers,

LI Phil

LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 28 2004 10:24 PM
Re: Weatherman Richie

i like the red sox

i dont see anything developing there.. where.. how

be kind he is on cold medicine....

HanKFranK
(User)
Wed Jul 28 2004 10:59 PM

hmm.. offtopics i care about. will resist the urge. fitting that phil puts out some of the best axe-worthy posts and he's a moderator.
anyhow status quo on the systems. convection persisting near the florida keys-florida bay and out near 24/68 in the 200-300mb diffluence east/ne of the upper cold low. oddly persistent for mjo inhibited conditions.
ran through globals and their rumblings. of course gfs is creating mdr/longtracker systems that recurve east of bermuda, par for the course. what that translates to is waves tracking across that may try to develop. mid level weaknesses/convective areas near florida, bahamas east, west caribbean, and arcing around the south side of the bermuda ridge. not a one very convincing, though the stuff near florida is going to start something if it keeps refiring.
HF 0259z29july

DustDuchess
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Jul 29 2004 07:53 AM

Speaking of anythting and nothing. That system to the east looks like something, but the locals out of Tampa are harping on the nothing that is moving into the Gulf. What gives>

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center