MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Tue Sep 02 2008 07:58 AM
Josephine Lounge

This is the lounge for TD#10 (Josephine), right now I think the most likely fate of this is the classic fish spinner, but there are some models bending it back more west, the NHC is also leaning toward moving more west, so the jury is still out .

scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 10 2008 02:43 PM
Re: Josephine Lounge

Just thought I open up this lounge and say Josephine's rements are still out there around 17.5 N and 58W as of Weds afternoon. Some models want to pick up on her but its pretty iffy right now. She has a flare up enhanced by the upper low to her west. If she can gain more convection and get a better defined circulation in a day or 2, she might be a threat to the bahamas!

scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 11 2008 02:09 PM

Josephine or 91L heading to Florida. Now in what strength, its hard to tell. Most models have a strong wave- a moderate tropical storm. Alot of dry air might be a problem for this to become more, but not sure yet.

Ed in Va
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 11 2008 02:22 PM

What models are you looking at? What I can find shows two going south of FL (maybe one grazing the tip) and two out to sea.

scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 11 2008 03:06 PM

Um,, CMC, GFS,GFDL,HRWF,Nogaps,Ukmet, and most dynamical models! LOL, now again, most have this as a strong wave, some show up to a moderate T.S ala (ships,GEM)

Robert
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Sep 11 2008 03:22 PM

I hope they keep the name Josephine! I have been watching this area and well id say there is 50% of her contribution. The developing part that is. Had there been no wave to entrain i think the remants would not have fired back. Further there is the argument well had there been no remanints then the wave would have developed so pick your poision.

jessiej
(Weather Watcher)
Thu Sep 11 2008 08:55 PM
Attachment

The NHC Tropical Cyclone Model Output Maps site is showing Invest 91 as a Low Pressure System. See attached.

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/~acevans/models/

Ed in Va
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 11 2008 09:17 PM

Well, that really nails the track. I guess we're going to have to wait awhile for anything definitive.

DianneT
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 11 2008 10:04 PM

Hi! I'm new here. Here's my question. Since Josephine was once a TS and then not a TS, if she forms again, will she still have the name Josephine or the next name on the list? Thanks!

Evan Johnson
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 12 2008 08:28 AM

i dont believe the storm will. once it leaves status of a tropical storm and the nhc center stops tracking it and it comes back it will most likely be issued a new name. so long as ike is still lurking this new tropical low will be a weather-maker for florida. latest wind steering product here: http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/atlantic/winds/wg8dlm1.GIF . i personally dont think there is a enough time for this thing to get any stronger then a tropical depression, but who knows.

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 12 2008 01:42 PM

This area showing a bit of interesting convection firing today. Looking at the models for this, it could head right across Florida. I know all attention is focused on IKE, but does anyone have a read on whether this is going to develop/expand/stay the same?

Evan Johnson
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 13 2008 09:28 AM

right now it looks like the leftovers of josephine are having a hard time of doing much of anything. there is no forward movement right now it is kind of lurking which can be a bad thing if it were somewhat organized however, that is not the case. i will be watching it all day to see if it musters up enough steam to stay organized and begin a westwardly or north westardly movement whatsoever.

scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sat Sep 13 2008 01:16 PM

Upper Low has been hindering this for days now. The ULL never went SW as predicted by the NHC. Chance of this becoming a TD is less than 10% in the near term.

Evan Johnson
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 13 2008 02:00 PM

only one model has this thing spinning up into a tropical storm within the next 24 hours. the closest it will get is borderline tropical depression before it makes any kind of landfall. id sooner concentrate on the area of showers out to the east that actually have time to develope into something.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center