Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sun Jul 31 2005 06:18 PM
Area of Interest - Invest 93L

An active tropical wave continues to become better organized in the southeast Caribbean Sea. Outflow is improving and banding is developing although convection is currently limited. Possible axis of rotation near 13.6N 62.7W at 31/21Z. Movement to the west northwest at 15 knots. Shear is relaxing ahead of the system and development of a Tropical Depression is possible within 24 hours if the convection can become better organized.
ED

Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Jul 31 2005 06:50 PM
Re: Area of Interest - Invest 92L

I think you're analyzing 93L, not 92L.

Other than that, nice analysis. Convection is currently on the wane this evening, so that could slow development some.

NewWatcher
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jul 31 2005 06:51 PM
Re: Area of Interest - Invest 92L

Isnt this 93L?

Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sun Jul 31 2005 10:24 PM
Re: Area of Interest - Invest 93L

Oops - good catch Kevin & Pam. Two weeks of vacation and I need to be retrained . Convection has really fallen apart this evening, so any development will indeed be slow. The Caribbean Sea is not as dry as it usually is, so I thought that this one had a chance. The overall envelope is still excellent so it may do something eventually - but not likely for a few days.
Thanks,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center