MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sun Aug 28 2005 08:36 PM
Tropical Depression 13 Discussion

This is for TD#13 discussion.

Currently I think it'll be a fish spinner, but Katrina is #1 concern at the moment.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Aug 28 2005 10:00 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 13 Discussion

any chance it will head toward FL

Clark
(Meteorologist)
Sun Aug 28 2005 10:04 PM

Way too early to tell right now. Most likely, it'll be a fish spinner -- maybe even get caught by a trough with the remnants of Katrina -- but there's still plenty of time to determine where this one is going.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Aug 29 2005 11:59 AM

Do you think this one will go through the bahamas?

disneyfanfl
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Aug 29 2005 03:51 PM

As of the 11AM from the NHC, TD13 is no more. While I'm happy about this, I'd rather have a developed storm end up as a fish spinner than stay a wave that could redevelop like Katrina did after moving farther west.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCDAT3+shtml/291422.shtml

native
(Weather Guru)
Mon Aug 29 2005 05:39 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 13 Discussion *Killed -- Sent to Graveyard*

This post was sent to the Hurricane Graveyard

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Aug 29 2005 09:07 PM

I hate to say it but didn't Katrina start the same way. First a depression then an open wave and then back to a depression???

Glenos
(Registered User)
Tue Aug 30 2005 10:20 AM

Hi folks, can anyone shed any light on how Katrina is going to hit Nashville as my disabled girlfriend lives there.Im in England at present and im worried as you can imagine.I have read all of the reports but i cant make head nor tail of whats likely to be happening.If theres a power outage ill be in the dark (!) as to whats going on. I really need to know .Reagrds to all .Glenos

disneyfanfl
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Aug 30 2005 12:54 PM

She'll probably be okay, I think. While Nashville is in for some rough weather it will be nothing like what happened to the coastal areas of MS, LA, and AL. Basically it'll rain alot (100% chance), winds will be about 30mph with gusts to 50, and some power might go out. You can check the National Weather Service official forecast for that area here:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Nashville&state=TN&site=OHX

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center