MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Tue Sep 06 2005 03:05 PM
Tropical Depression 16/Ophelia Situation/Condition Reports

If you are in the area where TD#16 is affecting report on conditions, rain, wind, etc here.

Right now in Orlando, somewhat cloudy, but no rain.

nl
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Sep 06 2005 03:09 PM
Re: Tropical Depression 16/Ophelia Situation/Condition Reports

hey it looks like landfall will maybe be new smyrna or daytona or st augustine am i correct? if it makes landfall as a ts or cane will that make history for the first in that area? we were just talking bout that area the other day being the least hit. could it be?

native
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 06 2005 03:16 PM

In Deerfield Beach (SE FL) : It's 76, it feels like 76! Welcome relief from the heat. It's not raining (at the moment) however, it's been raining non-stop since about 12:20am. Pressure is 29.95 & rising. Completely cloudy and winds out of the west at about 7mph. It's a nice day, albeit a wet one!

ftlaudbob
(Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 06 2005 03:24 PM

Ft Laud:72degrees wind from the NW gust 25mph On and off heavy rain.

Clark
(Meteorologist)
Tue Sep 06 2005 03:33 PM

NL, no, it won't. Projected landfall is near Jacksonville but straddling the coast the entire way; we'll have to see if that plays out or if future track changes are warranted. Haven't had the chance to look myself, though. Many other storms have hit that area in the past, but it is rare to see something major that way...based off of climatology, they are probably overdue. (That is in no way saying that this will do that, by the way.)

Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Tue Sep 06 2005 03:48 PM

If memory serves me correctly, Hurricane Dora - Cat III, St Augustine - 1964.
ED

Yikes
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 04:45 PM

NE coastal Florida, breezy, 20-25 mph wind on the beaches. Overcast, no rain as of yet.

Yikes
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 04:45 PM

And now it is pouring.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Sep 06 2005 05:01 PM

thats florida for you. Maybe the meteorologists should just forecast rain everyday, then when it rains no one will complain. They'll just be happy when it doesn't

native
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 06 2005 05:07 PM

Also TS Isabel in 1985...just a bit north of Jax Bch. in Fernandina Bch. I believe??

DebbiePSL
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 06 2005 05:23 PM

Here in Port St Lucie we had torrential rain off and on yesterday all day and wind gusts had to be at least 35mph, rain continued through the night and today we have had heavy rain off and on .

Yikes
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 05:31 PM

Speaking of being past due, Coastal Georgia's last major hurricane was in 1898. They did receive a glancing blow from Dora.

Chris Bryant
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 05:42 PM

Inland Volusia County (~30 miles west of Daytona)- 75°, light gusts and sporadic showers- the rain seems to be duying a bit as it gets this far inland.
Temps feel great after the string of 90's, though.

flbob
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 05:43 PM

In Melbourne it's 83 degrees and kind of windy - maybe 15 mph plus gusts. It's been cloudy all day, but not much rain - yet...

DJINFLA
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Sep 06 2005 06:07 PM

Here at work (Vero Beach) it has been pouring off and on all day. Maybe I'll cross the street to check out the waves this afternoon. According to my son's surfing friend, he's looking forward to catching some waves. Typical.

native
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 06 2005 07:30 PM

Amazing the difference a few hours can make..

Here in Deerfield Beach...it's still very overcast/cloudy. Hasn't rained now in couple of hours. It's gotten a bit warmer 81 & feels warmer...humidity is up for sure. It's really sticky outside. Winds have changed direction (earlier they were out of the W at 7mph) and picked up a touch, they're now out of N/NW at 10mph.

Anywho, leaving a touch early to pick up the kids as everyone down here suddenly forgets how to drive when the roads are wet.

VolusiaMike
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Sep 06 2005 07:45 PM

Info from Ormond Beach:
Temp: 76.8
Humidity: 90%
Rain today: .61 inch
Heaviest rain @ 12:37 hr = 4.65 inch per hour
Winds: 6 MPH NNE Highest gust 24 hr @ 15:24 HRS
Pressure: 29.931 and falling slowly.

Link in signature provides access to weather station in Ormond Beach.

Michael

cb
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 08:19 PM

I'm in Tampa and although we have had a fairly good breeze all day, it seems to be getting a bit stronger. No rain, just clouds and wind.

MLB Pilot
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 08:48 PM

On the barrier islands near MLB, drizzle, occasional light showers and squally, on occasion.

Wind gusts to 15kts or so from the N/NE.

Will check out the surf and post later. We have had a horrible couple of years for beach erosion, don't need any more.

WH

BTW--Been a long time lurker, but in the midst of such great weather minds, never felt qualified to comment. But hey, I can stick my finger out the window and pass on the information!

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Sep 06 2005 08:56 PM

Jacksonville: intermitent rain, gusty winds all day today.

Catawba
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 06 2005 10:36 PM

Here in Melrose (northwestern corner of Putnam County - about 20 miles east of Gainesville), it's been windy all day. Started raining about 1:00 this afternoon, and it seems to me that the winds have picked up quite a bit. We're already under a flood watch (for small streams) in this area until Thursday morning, possibly to be extended based on the actual track of TD 16.

-MB

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Wed Sep 07 2005 12:26 AM

Rain is very heavy right now in Maitland, a little windy, but not bad.

satellite steve
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Sep 07 2005 02:12 AM

Here on the beach occas heavy showers and drizzle in between - reminds me of New England - but slightly too warm. Has anyone noticed the Southerly shear seems to be pushing convection N away from circulation center since sundown

B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 07 2005 11:18 AM

My family down in Indiatlantic Florida told that they`ve had some fairly good showers and gusty winds through out the last 24 hours. I`m up in Charleston SC on business and here the winds are out of the NE 15 -20 mph with 20 -30 mph beachside and a sprinkle or two. From the looks of the radar out of Melbourne , it looks like the center is almost due east of the Cape. People up here in SC are keeping an eye this storm just in case it decides to head north instead of doing the loop that some models are suggesting and head back toward Florida which I don`t want to happen......Weatherchef

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Sep 07 2005 01:05 PM

We're having strong rain bands coming thu now in St. Augustine. Flooding downtown has made some roads impassable- police have closed parts of King St. leading to US1. A big limb came down on Codova St. downtown, and our cable TV signal is off and on since last night.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Thu Sep 08 2005 02:09 PM

In Cassleberry, right now it's overcast, not raining, but a little breezy. I'm heading to New Smyrna Beach tonight and will report some from there.

webcams from volusia:

Video/Audio/Webcams
Daytona Beach Webcam (Streaming)
Daytona Beach Piercam
WESH TV 2 Daytona Beach Tower Cam

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 08 2005 03:18 PM

At 11am, Scottsmoor 2NNW RTP Co-Op station observing 100% cloud cover, intermittent rain showers/squalls, wind north 25mph gusting to 40mph. 3.5" of rain recorded in the last 36 hours. If you surf, here is the link http://www.surf-station.com/ to a website where I forecast the surf.

edge0337
(Registered User)
Thu Sep 08 2005 11:12 PM

Heavy rain in Satellite Beach at the moment. With the same steady fairly light gusts winds. If this is as bad as we get from Ophelia I'll be a happy man.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Fri Sep 09 2005 02:53 AM

At the beach in New Smyrma, wind is steady probably around 20-30mph. Occasionally gusts higher, rain is steady now, but not overly heavy. Looks like a band is nearing that may be a little stronger though.

Water is up to the seawall here, but at dark its hard to tell. Earlier it was and it was low tied. I've seen it worse here though. So overall not too bad, not pleasant, but not too bad.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center