MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Fri Oct 21 2005 07:09 PM
Report Conditions in Your Area From Wilma Here

In Orlando it's rainy, not from Wilma directly, but from the offshoot "wing" band that has come from the system.

FlaMommy
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Oct 21 2005 07:33 PM
Re: Report Conditions in Your Area From Wilma Here

its been raining here in Riverview since about 1230 this afternoon...finally stopped....it wasnt so windy thank goodness....but really heavy

Bev
(Weather Guru)
Fri Oct 21 2005 10:50 PM
Conditions from Mexico

This might be posted elsewhere, but I ran across it. A guy from the yucatan, cozumel, I believe is posting conditions on occasion.

http://www.stormcarib.com/reports/2005/mexico.shtml

storm5guy
(Registered User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 10:45 AM

It rained quite a bit yesterday here in Sarasota. Right now it's just hot and humid here. I'm working on setting up an anemometer outside so if I see any high winds, I will post them. I sure hope Wilma dosen't decide to move a little further north.

Joe679
(Registered User)
Sat Oct 22 2005 11:52 PM

Today it was humid and grey here in Seffner. We got some off and on showers but nothing major. I am sure the weather here will worsen as Wilma approaches.

Who wouldve thought we would have a TS Alpha in October?

ddawes27
(Registered User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 12:40 AM

The air is very wet and hot in Punta Gorda. It has been overcast all day.

B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Oct 23 2005 06:30 AM

Winds calm this morning. Very pleasent temperatures.Rained bigtime here last night around 9 PM. Heading beachside and having a cup of mud at first light. Will be getting my camera equipment ready for action when the poop hits the fan possibly tomorrow morning and afternoon. See if my new Vivitar Amphibian 35mm works.The rest of my digitals will be in ziplock bags.......Be back later.................Weatherchef

Bob in South Florida
(Registered User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 08:30 AM

Dead calm in West Palm Beach. Some clouds but no wind. Last night was odd. Dead calm with tornado warnings in the north part of the county.

B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Oct 23 2005 09:05 AM

Just got back from the beach here in North Indiatlantic.Very calm and nice down there.Awsome sunrise this morning. The talk is the same for those who where down there. Enjoy it while you can. Tomorrow will probably be a whole different ball of wax.........Spin time again for Brevard County....Should be a quick one.....Be safe........Weatherchef

Addicted2Cane
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 10:07 AM

Overcast with scattered rain here in Citrus County...not feeling that temp drop yet but expecting it to arrive.

KC
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Oct 23 2005 01:41 PM

Here's the Naples update: the sun has gone and the clouds are forming. The wind is picking up (17ESE gusting to 22) and the pressure has started to drop.

DJINFLA
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Oct 23 2005 04:39 PM

Sunny, humid day in Sebastian and Vero Beach. A little wind and clouds moving in now from the south. I expect this to be the last of the sunshine before Wilma's passing.

JMII
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 23 2005 04:41 PM

A small rain band came thru around 3PM EDT here in NW Broward County just as I was getting the last of the shutters on. Everything is picked up and put away in the garage... now the real waiting beings. All day it's been hot, muggy, and generally overcast with a brief shower followed by sunshine peaking thru the fast moving clouds. Now that the shutters are up it will be hard to report conditions other than "dark"

GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 23 2005 05:35 PM

Just started raining here about 20 minutes ago or so.
Barometer: 29.65 in. S. wind 8mph. out of the south

goldenbay
(Registered User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 05:47 PM

thunder beginning, skies darkening, 5:46pm
--from sarasota, mid-county

Ronn
(User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 05:47 PM

Conditions from my weather station in Seminole, Florida (near St. Petersburg) as of 5:45pm EST 10/23/05:

Wind: East at 13 MPH
Pressure: 29.62 IN and falling.

Winds are beginning to steadily increase ahead of our first squall. I expect to see tropical storm force gusts beginning during the early morning hours on Monday.

goldenbay
(Registered User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 05:52 PM

here come the tornado warnings...

GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 23 2005 06:03 PM

One near bowling green Tornado sighted on the ground apparently

shannon
(Registered User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 07:11 PM

port charlotte/north port area: some strong rain gusts, then nothing, repeat. hot & humid, of course. everyone is boarded up!

willw
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Oct 23 2005 07:23 PM

power out and thankfully right back on in sw bradenton. just horrible the way power is around here someone farts and it'll go out

Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Sun Oct 23 2005 07:25 PM

According to WTVT 13, tornado developing 8 miles Southwest of Bartow, heading due north at 5mph. Roughly to the right of Hwy 37 in Mulberry heading towards George Jenkins area. (7:25pm - warning until 8pm)

TinaB
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 07:27 PM

Light rain, thunder and lightning here in Tampa, but I'm in what I call the "triangle of protection" bordered on three sides by I-75, I-275 and I-4...it always seems the the worse of these storms stays to the S or E of us...not sure why, but it does. I've watched a band on radar come our way then slide west and miss us.

Ronn
(User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 08:13 PM

Our first squall just passed us in Pinellas County bringing brief heavy rain and lightning. Our winds are still very light right now, leveling off at around 10mph over the past few hours...nothing unusual this far in advance of a tropical cyclone. According to the NWS out of Ruskin, tropical storm force winds will commence around 5am Monday morning here in the Tampa Bay area, with possible gusts to 65mph between 7-11am. I will report again around 8am Monday morning. God bless...

FireAng85
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Oct 23 2005 08:22 PM
Mount Dora, Lake County

Well, it's raining already with a few lightning flashes. Let the games begin!

furkidsmom
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 08:43 PM
Re: Mount Dora, Lake County

Lots of thunder and lightening in Satellite Beach. I worry about tornadoes now too

leetdan
(Weather Guru)
Sun Oct 23 2005 08:58 PM
Re: Mount Dora, Lake County

After being under the cloud shield for two days prior, it was remarkably sunny and calm today. The wind has definitely picked up in the last half-hour or so.

(Jupiter)

Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 23 2005 09:01 PM
Re: Apopka, Florida

early, early report here (from backyard weather station):
rainfall: .43 inches/hr
temp: 75 degrees F
humidity: 96%
pressure: 997mb/29.44in
light N/NE winds

more to come...

JMII
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 23 2005 09:16 PM
Re: Apopka, Florida

Light breeze here in NW Broward, no rain and checking the radar it looks like it could stay dry for several more hours. Truely the calm before the storm.

ktmtoys
(Registered User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 10:03 PM

Rain with sparce sprinkly rain in Pine Hills.

However... with 115 mile an Hour Winds - and an eye wall of 40 mile diameter... makes you wonder if there will be a florida Key left. Downtown key west will be downtown sharkfest instead of fantasy fest with a direct storm surge.

Is it my imagination or all the highways in florida seem to be on a hurrican track.

Karl

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sun Oct 23 2005 10:07 PM

I got a call from my brother John C. they saw the tornado in Cocoa, it was near the indian river between cocoa and Merritt Island heading northward near the 528 bridge over the Indian river . They said lightning was extremely intense and the air very swrily. They are unable to get online currently.

Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 23 2005 10:18 PM

Update:
pressure up slightly, 997 mb
heavy rain (3.39 in/hr)
light winds

JMII
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 23 2005 10:49 PM

A steady breeze here in Broward, picked up alittle in the last few mintues around 10:40 PM EDT. Wilma's eye looks to be reforming and she is gaining strenght, pushing Cat 3 levels. Glad I got my panels up (and took photos to prove it)! Noticed very few people in the neighborhood did the same, they are going be sorry tomorrow AM when the wind really starts cranking.

This is going to be ugly for all the counties SE of landfall as they will be on strong side of the storm: Monroe (the Keys), Dade and Broward, maybe even WBP will see easily see hurricane force winds. Tornado "watch boxes" are popping up all over the state from Key West clear up the to the space coast and back across as far west as Tampa.

TinaB
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Oct 23 2005 11:38 PM

Amazingly calm here in Tampa. Earlier there was lightning filling the skies, but it's quiet and calm here now with just a light rain. TBO.com's radar doesn't show much coming our way for a while, but that could change. I'm gonna try to get some sleep because I know just a light breeze will wake me up

Morgana
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 12:09 AM

Here in Manatee County we've had steady non-stop rain, and earlier a tornado out NE. So far no wind to speak of, but it's early yet.

Kevin
(Weather Master)
Mon Oct 24 2005 12:49 AM

Before I get a little rest...
Off and on light/moderate rain for the past few hours.
Temp: 75F
Humidity: 97%
Light N/NE winds
Pressure: 995 mb/29.38inHg

storm5guy
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 02:03 AM

We have been getting light to moderate rain all night now as of about 6:30PM Yesterday. Winds are ranging anywhere from 0-10 MPH out of the N to NE. Temp is 75° and Humidity is 95%. Pressure is at 997 MB and dropping quite a bit. I had a wind gust of 25 MPH about 5 Minutes ago.

storm5guy
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 04:16 AM

Rain is now pretty hard and steady. Pressure is at 933 MB and dropping. We have had 1.04" of rain today. Winds are mostly around 5-10 MPH with a gust of 28 MPH at about 3:15 AM.

B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Oct 24 2005 06:15 AM

Winds picking up here in Indiatlantic. Rain off and on. Had some twister action North of here at Cocoa Village and that vicinity. Going down to the beach in a few to check it out. Be back on later......Weatherchef

JMII
(Weather Master)
Mon Oct 24 2005 06:25 AM

Around 4AM the wind really picked up in NW Broward and we finally got some rain. Now's it's 6:20 AM EDT and we've got landfall of a solid Cat 3 just south of Naples - a little ahead of schedule and just south of predicated, given all the factors involved this has been a near perfect forecast. Given the track and strenght of this storm the next few hours here are going to be wild. Wind is whippin' pretty good steady at 35, gusting to 50. Amazingly my panels aren't rattling that much, I guess its because they are so heavy (steel not aluminum) and the winds are "only" at tropical storm force.

FireAng85
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Oct 24 2005 07:51 AM
Mount Dora - Lake County

Wow, the temps are incredible! It is 58 degrees!
Current Conditions
Temperature: 58.2°F Pressure: 29.55"
Average Wind: 6mph ENE
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 58°F
Wind Chill: 57°F Monthly Rain: 6.18"

So Far Today
High: 73°F Rain: 2.58" Rain Rate: 0.36"/h
Low: 58 °F Gusts: ENE 29 mph

Ron Griffis
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:05 AM

The weather in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, is deteriorating fast. At 7:30 am we were getting 47 to 55 mph winds and some rain. I have uploaded a short video at http://homepage.mac.com/ronaldgriffis/Wilma2005/Menu29.html

collegemom
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:11 AM

anyone on around Melbourne? If so please post conditions. pm works too

Picnic_in_FtMyers
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:13 AM

In Fort Myers here...power has been out this morning but somehow just flickering on for a bit now. Winds have really picked up on the back side of Wilma. We're seeing the strongest gusts right now. Our palm trees are horizontal and satellite just went flying...not looking good outside...

FelixPuntaGorda
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:16 AM

Punta Gorda has sustained wind around 35 mph with gusts up to about 45 mph, according to WINK-TV. Shutters across the lanai are rattling, white caps in the canal, no damage that I see from our northeast-facing sheltered front porch.

It looks like we're more than half-way through it.

Fay

carolt
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:26 AM

Rainy and windy here but not too bad - I'm comparing this to Frances and Jeanne. It wasn't loud enough to wake me up and there's no water seeping in around the doors and windows.
We've had 3 confirmed tornado touchdowns in Brevard: Cocoa Village last night, West Melbourne near Sam's, and A1A in Satellite Beach (I think?) this morning. Scary stuff.
I need coffee.

It's still 80F here so the front hasn't crossed yet. Wind gusts to 35mph. Two more suspected tornadoes travelling through south Brevard and Palm Bay. Not headed in my direction.

Turns out the A1A tornado was in Floridana Beach,down towards Sebastian Inlet, not Satellite Beach. Unless there were two of them?

michgirl
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 08:43 AM

Collegemom,

When you say Brevard, are you referring to Brevard County? I am in Michigan right now and my grandparents home is in Cocoa. I am looking for specific information on that area. I see you are from Melbourne. I think that is near the relative area. Any information you have would be appreciated.

Ned
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Oct 24 2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

Light rain, thunder and lightning here in Tampa, but I'm in what I call the "triangle of protection" bordered on three sides by I-75, I-275 and I-4...it always seems the the worse of these storms stays to the S or E of us...not sure why, but it does. I've watched a band on radar come our way then slide west and miss us.

Good News,Pinellas beaches still here

Calmstorm
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 09:05 AM

Here is Dunedin Fl. As of about 9am...

DAY TEMP HIGH RAIN AVG HI TIME DIR BAROM HUM
TOT 72.2 75.9 1.12 4 20 10/24/05 W903 .44 88

Not bad att all really only 20 mph gust...

Chris

TinaB
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

Good News,Pinellas beaches still here

Yep...we can count our blessings once again...and man do we often get to count them!! Temps are falling here in Tampa. It looks like the rain is about to end according to Channel 8 radar. I have a feeling we are going to have a beautiful day following Wilma. It's 58 degrees out there, by golly we just might need a jacket today!

I hope all in South Florida faired well and there was no harm to life and limb.

FireAng85
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Oct 24 2005 10:18 AM
Mount Dora - Lake County

Currently:
63° Dewpoint: 61° Wind: N 24 MPH
Humidity: 93% Pressure: 29.46 in Hg

Average: High 83° Low 64°

Ronn
(User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 10:19 AM

Current observations from my weather station in Seminole, Florida (near St. Petersburg) as of 10:15am EST 10/24/05:

Wind: North gusting to 31mph
Pressure: 29.50 in.
Temperature: 60 F

The cold front has passed us, and we are getting a chilly (by Florida standards) north wind in Pinellas County right now. Our winds peaked at around 7am this morning with gusts in the range of 40-50mph, but no sustained tropical storm force winds. This is about what I expected. The highest gusts (around 50mph) were experienced along the Pinellas bayfront where the wind came unhindered across the bay.

flipr
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 10:30 AM

looking for info on damage in bonita beach area, wind, flooding, surge beach or bay side? flipr

TinaB
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 10:40 AM

Last of the rain has moved on by my area. If I look out to the west it looks as if the clouds are breaking up. Temp. has fallen .5 degrees since the rain stopped. We have a forecast high of 75 today, I wonder if it will make it to that? The winds have died down considerably. I feel so bad for those in S. Florida who are going through it still.

FireAng85
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Oct 24 2005 11:50 AM
Re: Mount Dora - Lake County

My last post was 10:18am.

Currently:
61° Dewpoint: 55° Wind: N 25 MPH
Humidity: 81% Pressure: 29.46 in Hg

B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Oct 24 2005 12:08 PM
Re: Mount Dora - Lake County

Rippin wind and rain in Indiatlantic 3 miles north of 192 on A1A over the last hour. Strongest winds I`ve seen so far today. Right out of the north. Theres a report of a entire house destroyed in Floridana about 15 or so miles south of here on A1A from a tornado. Quite a few reports of other tornado damage coming out as the day progresses. Got a feeling there will be some other damage around here also after the last bout of wind that just came through Brevard County the last hour........I think the worst is over, time for the cool temps to move in over the rest of the afternoon.....Weatherchef

ctiger77
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 12:11 PM

In Cocoa here near bcc power out about 30 mins ago ( good ol generator) lots or wind and rain.

Ric Johns
(Registered User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 01:09 PM

It has stopped raining in Orlando and there is light colored sky to the West.

Any word on Sanibel and Captiva?

StormKrone
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Oct 24 2005 01:23 PM
Brevard County - Port St. John

Have family in the Titusville/Port St. John area, Gus Grissom Pkwy. Anyone know how things are there?

If power may be out, then I won't worry about not hearing (at least not for awhile).

SK

B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Oct 24 2005 01:52 PM
Re: Brevard County - Port St. John

Should be starting to slack off some up there according to radar and cooling down a bit. They had some 70mph wind at Kennedy Space Center earlier. Still a bit windy in southern Brevard but starting to taper off. I`ll be going out on a neighbor hood damage assesment walk shortly and I`m going up to the Crowne Plaza on the beach where I work to see if everything is alright. I sure don`t want to be shipped out on culinary task force again to other properties for the company that owns it. The storms destoyed it last year and its been a year of renovation and I sure hope all is good with it......Weatherchef...Special note, only lost power here for a couple of minutes. Truley amazing.

furkidsmom
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Oct 24 2005 02:34 PM

I'm in Satellite Beach and it is still windy here, but not as much rain. We took a ride down A1A to Melbourne Beach around 11 and there didn't seem to be much damage. Lots of limbs down and "stuff" in the roads, but nothing major.

ETA - did anyone notice that there are 4 tropical waves out there??

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center