MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Jun 12 2006 02:44 PM
Alberto Condition Reports

In Orlando, it's raining rather steady, with occasionally heavier rain. Wind hasn't been too bad here yet.

Let us know how it is in your area here!

vineyardsaker
(Weather Guru)
Mon Jun 12 2006 02:49 PM
Re: Alberto Condition Reports

New Smyrna Beach, Volusia County, 2:54PM. Cloudy, at times very heavy rain, light winds. Tornado watch

West FL Jess
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Jun 12 2006 02:55 PM

St Pete- Heavy rain off and on, Tornado Watch, flooding on my street and even on the sidewalks...my animals seem to sense something is going on... I am hoping USF cancels classes, it is not safe to be driving in this weather-just my opinion

Shalafi
(Weather Guru)
Mon Jun 12 2006 02:56 PM

Maitland: Probably the same as Orlando. Quite overcast and constant rain.
Orange City: A friend lives in OC and tell me it's raining hard with wind gusts that are blowing down dead branches. This morning she woke up to branches and limbs (same thing?) down all over the place.

West FL Jess
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Jun 12 2006 02:57 PM

and then there is the small plane that flew into a house on Davis Island (Tampa)...

WIll Hawe
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 02:57 PM

2:55pm, here in Tallahassee, we're under the cloud shield, and it's quiet here, sporadic rain, mainly. edge of the rain return is about 45 mi away at this pointwill try to keep posted.

g1bass
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 02:59 PM

Homosassa Springs:
Steady rain, light winds maybe 5 knots. Localised flooding mostly off US 19. People seem to have forgotten how to drive in the rain, saw 4 fender benders between Homosassa and Crystal River. Be careful out there folks! People seem mostly unconcerned and/or in denial. Remembering what Katrina did as a cat 1 in S Florida last year made me prepare early. Heard there are mandatory evacs in progress in Levy co. for Yankeetown and Inglis.

Sittting soggy in Citruis

Heather
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Jun 12 2006 03:10 PM

In Sebring it's just been a light but steady rain. We had severe thunderstorm warnings earlier, but other than some thunder nothing bad. And only one decent gust of wind otherwise still.

Tomika
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 03:19 PM

In Levy County it has been rainy off and on all day about a half inch so far. Looks like it is going to get worse before it gets better.
Tomika

CoalCracker
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Jun 12 2006 03:20 PM

Cape Coral Florida:
Squall line with heavy rain and gusty winds from 1230 to 1245 before reverting to intermittent showers. Currently under Tornado Watch/Flood Watch per the West Central NWS office in Rushkin. Thus far, just a rain event since most of the heavy weather has stayed north and east.

Ed G
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Jun 12 2006 03:24 PM

Lake Mary, Fl

steady drizzle, brief periods of heavy rain and thunder.

Had a strong gust come thru Clermont yesterday about 2:30 PM that broke off the top of a pine tree.... that was pretty strange!

Good luck to all along the "west coast".

e

kasdanr
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 03:39 PM

Report from Cayo Costa:
We have had intermittent squalls, with two periods of very heavy rain earlier which left water standing in the yard. Currently blowing around 30 knots with higher gusts. Extreme full moon tides, with wind pushing the surf higher up on the south-facing beach. We are hunkered down, with extra lines on the boats. The weather doesn't seem to bother the wild hogs much...

WIll Hawe
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 04:14 PM

409pm:

The rain return is on shore in wakulla County (due south of Tallahassee) give tallahassee, roughly 1 1/2 to 2 hours before we get rained on. It's still calm here, but that will change soon, I guess.

Will keep updated, as able.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jun 12 2006 04:35 PM

Crystal River - Drizzly, NO wind. Mandatory evacs for all county mobile homes and all home west of us 19 and 1 1/2 miles east of us 19. I am sitting on the canal watching the water....hope it doesnt rise too much.

Liz
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 04:52 PM

In Daytona Beach - 4:50 pm - heavy rains with thunder.

Liz

angelswatch
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 04:54 PM

In Citrus County it has been raining steadily all day and we are now under mandatory evacuation for everyone living west of Us Highway 19, also up to 1 1/2 miles east of US 19 due to possible flooding and storm surge.
All mobile homes are to evacuate throughout the county due to possible wind gusts expected to be up to 80 mph.
Four shelters are to open at 6:00 PM today.

Addicted2Cane
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 05:17 PM

I think Crystal River has had about the least amount of rain in all Tampa Bay viewing area thus far. I think its been about 1 1/2 inches last 24 hours. We sure can use the rain thats for sure.

Freeman
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 05:49 PM

Taylor County has some drizzling rain, mild breeze. But it's early.
Will stay on looking at posts and sharing Taylor info as long as we have power.

beachgirl
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 06:04 PM

Panama City Beach...Quite a bit of heavy wave action starting early this morning, without too much surge. Been under dark clouds for quite a while, but no rain as of yet.

johnnylightning
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 06:15 PM

NE st pete on Tampa Bay shore. high water, covering boat docks in smacks bayou wind moderate. overall not too bad yet . when is the storm surge expected?

Marknole
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 07:32 PM

You were just about right Will. First raindrops in Tally just started. Thought the left side of the storm would be very dry, but radar presentation looks like NW quadrant may get "wrap around" steady rain all nite.

Still no (I mean dead calm) wind...

madmumbler
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jun 12 2006 08:33 PM

Charlotte county - Ptttthhhp. Only 2 inches of rain total from noon yesterday (Sunday) until around 5: 30 pm today. Breezy, overcast but almost looking like it's trying to clear.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Jun 12 2006 08:53 PM

Reposted from main page from Sheeper:

well here on the Treasure Coast in Vero Beach we have been suprisingly dry. Some heavy downpours earlier but none too long lasting. Based on the scale of Alberto I was anticipating more rain bands floating around.

BullitNutz
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:00 PM

It's a joke here in Port Richey.

At least there was plenty of rain.

Rosy
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:00 PM

I was going to say nothing was going on in St. Pete, but our satellite just lost signal which has been our sign all day for an incoming squall line. Just like rain for now.

BullitNutz
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:03 PM

Oh I'm looking at radar right now, you guys in St. Pete are about to get a shellackin' by a nice healthy squall.

Anton Ross
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:07 PM

Charleston, SC checking in...

Winds are steady at 17mph our of the South...with gusts to almost 30 mph.

Been a weird day. We have TS warnings up, of course.

Since we'll be on the East side of the depression, I imagine we're in for some of the wet stuff.

Anton - On the water in Mt. Pleasant/Charleston

Bill-n-StPeteFL
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Oh I'm looking at radar right now, you guys in St. Pete are about to get a shellackin' by a nice healthy squall.

We are getting the most wind of the day right now in St Pete with very HEAVY rain.

Sarasota3G
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:28 PM

Sarasoto, 21:25, barometer - 29.87 steady. Have had only four or five wind gusts, maybe up to 35 mph over the past three days. Heavy rain today, dissipated quickly. I'm about four miles from the beach in north Sarasota.
This is quite unnerving considering the radar and recent forecasts.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:35 PM

We just received an automated call from Citrus Co which called for mandatory evac west of US 19 & up to 1 1/2 miles east of of US 19 for mobile homes. We've actually had a not so bad day of gentle rain. We need it.

GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:38 PM

Just got home from work. The rain was sprinkling intermittenly. As I was covering garbage cans tightly, and looking for small pointed objects to move, I noticed right before dark, the erie color of everything. The light was yellowish at first and then became a purplish color. I have seen sunsets where everything was exceptionally yellow,pink, or green, but this was purplish gray. I kind of thought about how hail filled clouds look sometimes. We are far enough from the coast that unless Tampa Bay gets a direct hit from a Cat 1, we will just be rainy and a little windy. We had a light steady breeze at about 8 miles per hour around 9pm.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:38 PM

There's a tornado warning in North Pinellas County - looks like NW Clearwater/Dunedin - until 9:45 pm.

Just posted on Ch 8 - Tornado Watch for Polk, Sarasota county until 8am

Conditions in flood central, i.e. Shore Acres in St. Pete, are mild, some squalls coming through but no significant wind/rain yet (as I type I can hear the rain starting again).

Bookworm
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:52 PM

Here in New Port Richey (<1 mi east of US19) we just finished with a heavy downpour. Fairly strong wind gusts, enough to send trash cans rolling down the pond/street. Nice and cool outside too.

Ronn
(User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 09:58 PM

The gusts in Seminole (Pinellas County) are now up to 30mph and we are experiencing intermittent heavy rain squalls. The next organized squall looks like it will arrive around 11pm, and I expect to see the first tropical storm force gusts at this time. St. Petersburg reported a wind gust of 38mph in the last squall. My rainfall total for this event is 2.75 inches. We might get a break after this next squall, but expect to see another band form overnight in response to diurnal convection.

disneyfanfl
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 10:10 PM

Hello everyone from Jacksonville. Our conditions here are just a slight drizzle so far, though we have had some heavier showers at times. There is almost no wind to speak of now.

Speaking of wind, I do have a quick question. The BoatUS.com site's projected wind swath shows Jacksonville having winds soon of 58-74 mph, and HurricaneAlley.net forecasts above 58 mph. Our local news website is indicate only winds of 20 mph and over (no further distinction), while the Weather Channel's site peaks at 35 mph. I can't get into the NWS page right now, but I think they say 35-40 mph.

Why is there such a spread? Between 20-74 mph is a lot of difference, which if these is most likely?

Coast Watcher
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 10:14 PM

Richmond Hill, GA Ogeechee River/Ossabaw Sound
(Near Savannah)

It's a dead calm here -- very cloudy, no moon or stars. No rain either, although we had some much earlier today.
The 40 MPH winds should arrive here tomorrow around 10 a.m. according to the model we're following.

Nateball
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 10:17 PM

Here in Dunedin/Clearwater we had our strongest winds of the day about 45 mins ago, looks like another strong line will be moving in maybe 30 to 60 mins. After that Im not seeing alot of precip maybe just some more wind.

ChessieStorm
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 10:21 PM

Here in Spring Hill (Hernando County). Most of the day saw light to moderate rain. Then the sun came out around 6 p.m. for a while and warmed up nicely. Then clouded up again. Since about 9:45 p.m. moderate to heavy rain at times with gusty southeast winds steady between 10-15 mph with gusts to 27 mph. Our strongest today.

Radar indicates another spiral band moving on-shore so these conditions should continue.

Storm Cooper
(User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 10:21 PM

Panama City has had some clouds most of the day but late this afternoon it had that tropical look and feel. You can tell something tropical is close. Watching VIPIR it seem once the rain bands got near Bay County they dry out and never reach the ground... we have some rain but not much...yet. Now we under a tornado watch and it appears some of the more solid rain bands my hold and reach our area shortly and my be a little nasty.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Jun 12 2006 10:24 PM

repost of bigblow from main thread (Removing these things there when found):

--
1021pm newportrichey reporting

rain gusty winds for least 1hr now

Ronn
(User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 11:11 PM

We are experiencing our first TS force gusts here in Seminole in Pinellas County. We just gusted to 40mph and we are still awaiting the arrival of the next squall. St. Petersburg recently reported a gust of 41mph, and Egmont Key reported 45mph. I think that the winds will get a little stronger during the early morning hours and we may see peak gusts of 50-55mph.

Nateball
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 12 2006 11:22 PM

46 mph just reported here in Clearwater area, getting the strongest winds so far right now

Bill-n-StPeteFL
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jun 12 2006 11:31 PM

Is it a fair assumption, by looking at the radar, that the rain event is about over for the Tampa area?

VandyBrad
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Jun 13 2006 12:03 AM

Rain picking up in Gainesville the last 30 minutes or so. I guess we'll see more of the same throughout the night.

VandyBrad
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Jun 13 2006 02:07 AM

Almost 2 inches of rain on campus since midnight and no sign of it stopping anytime soon. Pressure has steadily dropped over the last 12 hours. Peak wind gust in Gainesville so far registered at 24 mph.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Jun 13 2006 05:15 AM

Jacksonville - 5.15am - very heavy rains alternating with medium-to-light rains all night, has just let up and gone pretty quiet in last 20 mins or so.

Jesus Freak
(Registered User)
Tue Jun 13 2006 06:54 AM

Jacksonville - 6:50am. Very steady rain currently. Seems to have backed off since 4am when it was raining so hard it woke me up. Not much wind to speak of yet; according to weather.com that will pick up throughout the day and peak around 6PM. JEA's website shows about 20 power outages in the area with 13k customers out. We appear to be faring well here while receiving some much-needed rain.

Chad
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Jun 13 2006 07:10 AM

North Citrus Cnty...it's been quiet the last couple hours, winds are just now picking up...only 10-15mph with gusts to maybe 20.
Rapid due north cloud movement, quite a few breaks showing blue sky.
No rain since around 3am.

Kimberley Clark
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Jun 13 2006 11:16 AM

Just thought I'd throw this out there for the Mobile County, Alabama area. Just to show how these storms effect such a wide area, yesterday afternoon/evening Dauphin Island, Alabama (south Mobile County) had water over the streets and cars/people were having to move to higher ground. This would not be such an event except for the fact that this is a Tropical Storm many many miles away. The island took a big punch from all of the storms last year. My favorite meteorologist, John Edd Thompson, from FOX 10 News lost his house last year. Keep all the others in your thoughts and prayers and never forget to count your blessings.

As far as North Mobile County, where I live, we only had a Thunderstorm warning and some really bad lightning and strong rain from feeder bands waaaay away from the storm. Thankfully, these storms diminished as they moved to the South where most of my family lives, including my beautiful (yes, he's beautiful) new grandson, Skylar Anthony Pitt. I'll make sure he pays attention to the weather when he gets older!! I had my little 13 month old friend, Autumn, out in the night last night and she saw the lightning and I said "listen" and she listened and heard the thunder. Then, I told her how important it is to go inside when storms are coming. I know, a little young there, however, you might as well bring them up right, huh? Weather people are good folks in my opinion.

Here's to a safe season and I probably won't post too much, just read and envelope all of the knowledge found on this website. Also, if my husband ever gets disability, I want to make a contribution to the site. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Littlebit
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Jun 13 2006 04:30 PM

Coming in a bit late with this report. That's because we had a wind gust at 3:38 this morning of only 24 mph and the transformer in our front yard blew up. A little scary (ok, alot) to be woken up by a transformer blowing. So, we're probably the only home in Plant City without power! Geez, I'd hate to see a direct hit! Anyway, on generator power now waiting for TECO. Still very breezy here. The rain seems to be gone, but still a little overcast.

Here's to a safe season for everyone.

Donna

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center