Storm Cooper
(User)
Tue Aug 08 2006 09:28 PM
91L / TD 4?

Navy site shows 91L but now with the ATCF track map.

http://tcweb.fnmoc.navy.mil/tc-bin/tc_home.cgi

May be an upgrade soon...

May have been like this awhile, I just got to it...

Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Aug 08 2006 09:33 PM
Re: 91L / TD 4?

Quote:

Navy site shows 91L but now with the ATCF track map.
http://tcweb.fnmoc.navy.mil/tc-bin/tc_home.cgi
May be an upgrade soon...

I just went to Monterey and they have nothing listed for the Atlantic... I figured they'd dropped it.

And I get an "Access Forbidden" error on your link?

Storm Cooper
(User)
Tue Aug 08 2006 09:35 PM

I saw that also... 2 different sites...FNMOC above..NRL below...

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/tc_home.html

I am getting that now also?

CaneTrackerInSoFl
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 08 2006 09:41 PM

I find it hard to believe that 91L was dropped since the TCFA was issued for it.

Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Aug 08 2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

I find it hard to believe that 91L was dropped since the TCFA was issued for it.

The TCFA was probably issued a few days ago when there was something more to 91L, and the site is just behind (it's the backup to NRL, I believe). There's very little convection associated with what was 91L right now.

Update: I just loaded the SSD loop and the "full image" loop for the last few hours at FNMOC's site.
I just don't see how they could upgrade 91L based upon its current satellite signature. There is no apparent LLC that I can see, and very little convection. I could understand why they would drop the invest, but not why it would get an upgrade.

Storm Cooper
(User)
Tue Aug 08 2006 09:58 PM

It is ATCF and I just accessed the FNMOC site...91L still there. Site must be real busy or maintenance being done.

I am causing this to look "chat" like...sorry my bad...

scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Tue Aug 08 2006 10:27 PM

I still say 91L is dead.....died 2 days ago. There is nothing worth watching for a week at least in the waters!

HurryCaneForm
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Aug 08 2006 10:30 PM

The 91L no longer has a surface of low pressure system. Pretty means the system is a "goner" for now. The shearing and the dry air have been excessive so far and that's one reason system can't develop.

allan
(Weather Master)
Tue Aug 08 2006 10:30 PM

Nope, lost the surface low.. which now as I look at it... its just a longaded wave. Thats it folks, i'm through with this storm. Should be dropped eventually. It may try to make a comeback tommorrow but I think things are over. It's entering a shear and dry environment. So I thought if it did'nt make it at 11 by the latest it will not develop at all. Lets see what happens though.

Hurricane Fredrick 1979
(Weather Guru)
Tue Aug 08 2006 10:33 PM

And I beleive that the NHC is saying so too.

TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED ABOUT 550 MILES EAST OF THE WINDWARD ISLANDS IS MOVING WESTWARD AT ABOUT 20 MPH.
THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY INDICATIONS OF A SURFACE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM.... AND THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY HAS DECREASED. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY BECOME LESS CONDUCIVE FOR A TROPICAL DEPRESSION TO FORM DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO

Storm Cooper
(User)
Tue Aug 08 2006 10:34 PM

Thanks for your insight scott...I was getting to that...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center