Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Wed Nov 10 2004 12:09 AM
Winding Down - Almost

Things have been pretty quiet for awhile - and most of us are grateful for that after such a hectic summer. An old frontal boundary is interacting with an upper level low and firing convection near 15N 65W. A small chance that a tropical or subtropical cyclone could develop in the northeast Caribbean Sea in the next day or two. Shear is on the increase though, so the odds are slim for any organized development. Even without development, heavy rainfall is likely in the northeast islands. The rest of the basin is quiet.
ED

Storm Link
Caribbean Weather Reports

Special Link
Mount st. Helens Volcanocam animation

General Links
Skeetobite's storm track maps

NRL Monterey Marine Meteorology Division Forecast Track of Active Systems (Good Forecast Track Graphic and Satellite Photos)

Check the Storm Forum from time to time for comments on any new developing system.

Follow worldwide SST evolution here:

Global SST Animation

NASA GHCC Interactive Satellite images at:

North Atlantic Visible (Daytime Only), Infrared, Water Vapor
LSU Sat images

RAMSDIS Satellite Images (high speed)

Some forecast models:
NGM, AVN, MRF, ETA ECMWF
AVN, CMC,GFDL, JMA,NOGAPS,UKMET

DoD Weather Models (NOGAPS, AVN, MRF)
Multi-model plots from Mid-Atlantic Weather
Other commentary at Independentwx.com, Robert Lightbown/Crown Weather Tropical Update Accuweather's Joe Bastardi (now subcriber only unfortunately), Hurricane Alley North Atlantic Page, Hurricanetrack.com (Mark Sudduth), HurricaneVille, Cyclomax (Rich B.), Hurricane City , mpittweather , WXRisk, Gary Gray's Millennium Weather, storm2k, Barometer Bob's Hurricane Hollow, Snonut,

Even more on the links page.

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 10 2004 10:32 AM
"N"Otto

TWO & TWD both indicate this system "could" develop, and there are still plans to send in recon---if necessary. Doesn't look all that impressive on sat, but it is producing life threatening rains for Hispaniola & PR & the Leewards...from the TWD:

"REGARDLESS OF DEVELOPMENT...LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL...FLOODING...AND MUD SLIDES ARE LIKELY OVER SECTIONS OF HISPANIOLA...PUERTO RICO...AND THE NORTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. LATEST SATELLITE RAINFALL ESTIMATES INDICATE VALUES OVER 11 INCHES PER DAY."

I guess after their May debacle, NHC is going to stay on top of this one.

Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Wed Nov 10 2004 10:45 AM
Re: "N"Otto

two systems
look very closely at the SW Caribbean and the NE Atlantic

James88
(Weather Master)
Wed Nov 10 2004 01:20 PM

That little area just off the Columbian coast is looking pretty well organised. Does anyone think that anything will come of it?

Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Wed Nov 10 2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

That little area just off the Columbian coast is looking pretty well organised. Does anyone think that anything will come of it?

Too close to the coast I would believe. The storm in the NE Atlantic looks kinda nifty, but probably won't amount to anything (though counter point to that would be Olga in 2001). The mass of showers near Puerto Rico is still looking pretty ragged though there seems to be a low level circulation around 14N 70W from the visible imagry.

Don't think it's worth classifying though, not right now at least.

Mark

James88
(Weather Master)
Wed Nov 10 2004 01:50 PM

You may well be right. While there are examples of storms forming and even intensifying near to the South American coast, it is comparitively rare. However, since 2004 appears to be the Chinese Year of The Unexpected, we should probably watch it for a little while longer.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Nov 10 2004 02:14 PM
interesting sat to see

shows all sides of the tropicsl

nifty ne system (like it)

area off of the coast of SA

caribbean mess

http://orca.rsmas.miami.edu/wximages/jet/1_05/anis.html

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 10 2004 05:06 PM
91L

Interesting little late day flare up. Bobbi's link above also shows it.

They cancelled the recon for today but still have flights scheduled for tomorrow...if necessary. The two distinct blobs of convection are firing up, but I'm not seeing much, if any, rotation...it's gonna be a mess for the leewards, for sure, but I'd say the chances of this gaining TD status are somewhere between slim and none.

DATE/TIME LAT LON CLASSIFICATION STORM
10/1745 UTC 14.3N 69.6W TOO WEAK 91L
09/1745 UTC 13.0N 72.6W TOO WEAK 91L

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Wed Nov 10 2004 07:20 PM
Re: 91L

Very odd weather pattern, that doesn't seem to add up. Let me explain, some places you have very short amplitude while in other places you have very board amplitude and, sometimes very close to eachother. There is something called Fractual geometry, which is pretty much taking pieces of other gemotric figures and making new ones, and figuring out realtionships between the two. This is how we get teleconnections folks and some other well known realtionships. Trofs and ridges are parabola's and have significant patterns to them because they are geometric figures, which I'm not going to teach advance geometry. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm seeing some weird things in odd places....

The current disturbance will not form anything significant, I can say that with some confidence. Though anyone in the northern Leewards, get a one-way ticket out of there now before it is too late. The tropics are pretty much dead, to put it simply. I'm done for the rest of the season and going to abstain from saying something will develop, just to see if it does. This website has been great to me, and I would like to thank all the people who made it happen...have a great winter.

With all due respect
Keith Roberts

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Nov 11 2004 11:52 AM
91L & 92L

Hmmmm...2 Invests on the 11th Day of the 11th Month at just after the 11th Hour...

Interesting...guess the basin isn't quite ready to surrender.

I, for one, am willing to sign an armistice to end this season.

I have the day off from work so I can hit the mall for all the sales!!! This is almost as good as the Memorial Day promotions!

To any and all Veterans, like Skeet & John C., thank you for your service to this country. Pray for our troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in all parts of the world. And remember, freedom isn't free.

Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Thu Nov 11 2004 04:04 PM
Re: 91L & 92L

does anyone think that 92L will be named before this time tomorrow?
----------------------------------------------------
thanks to all servicemen/veterans for your hard work in keeping this great nation free

James88
(Weather Master)
Thu Nov 11 2004 04:21 PM

I think it might possibly be named. I am not entirely convinced, but I would not be surprised if it became Otto. Let's say a 40% of that happening within 24 hours.

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Nov 11 2004 06:02 PM

nOtto chance-o

Clark
(Meteorologist)
Thu Nov 11 2004 11:59 PM

I agree -- neither has a really good shot at developing.

While we may see trough fracture occur over the far eastern Atlantic, with a large ridge in place over the east Atlantic and west Europe, the "hybrid" low is gradually feeling the influence over the broad trough and is starting to become sheared. I think it's window has pretty much closed.

It is on the tail end of this same trough where the other invest has been, but the convection is very much cyclical and is in a region of decent shear. There may be some weak baroclinic development along the trough with a weak low moving north & east with time, but tropical - or even hybrid - development is pretty unlikely. Last QuikSCAT pass showed a weak circulation in the eastern Caribbean and there is some convection, but it's sheared and isn't organized. There's some pretty cold (relatively speaking, of course) air behind the trough as well, as evidenced by the alto- and stratocumulus over the western Atlantic; the temperature gradient along the trough is likely enhancing convection, but isn't conducive to any development.

But, all of these interesting "hybrid" storms raises an interesting point -- what is, or should be, the operational definition of a subtropical cyclone? To me, it seems like it has been somewhat ambiguous this year, particularly since we cannot fly recon out to these storms to accurately gauge their structure and the funding isn't there (yet) to use the remotely-sensed data, such as microwave data, to determine the structure of the storm on a real-time basis. We had Nicole, a subtropical storm, while we also had Matthew, a storm that likely was only classified as a tropical cyclone (as opposed to an extratropical storm) because of recon. Further, there have been about 5 other storms you could theoretically classify as subtropical cyclones, some more impressive than others (and some more impressive and longer-lasting than some of our existing storms), that were not.

The recent decision to include subtropical cyclones in the storm record -- and the subsequent increased analysis for these storms, in terms of operational attention focused to what is out there -- and the rather, well, discontinuous system of classifying them is skewing the climatological record for the Atlantic basin. Furthermore, I don't feel that there is an accurate or concrete enough definition of what one of these storms is to justify including them with the tropical season climatology. It seems that the definition of what a subtropical cyclone is has been "not extratropical but not tropical." That implies a warm-core system with a large radius of maximum winds, or a cold-core system with a small radius of maximum winds, or an occluded-looking low with some convection near the center, but what is the *actual* definition of these storms?

I'd like to get everyone's thoughts on the issue, since it seems to be somewhat the hot topic in the Atlantic over the past couple of months. Obviously, the field deserves much more research and analysis. But, given that there is little such work currently ongoing, should we classify these storms within the Atlantic season climatology, or should we classify them separately (i.e. "Subtropical Storm 1") as before? Further, what about systems in the Pacific & other basins -- the WPac sees a couple of similar systems each year, while the Indian Ocean has numerous "monsoon depressions" each year that affect the coastline during the season but are not true tropical cyclones. Where do you draw the line? To me, it should be consistant throughout the world, but that's just my opinion.

With the loss of life these systems can bring -- see the May Haiti storm -- it is obvious that some attention should be paid to these systems. But do they deserve to become a part of the tropical cyclone climatology as named storms? My personal belief is no, at least not until we can better quantify what these storms truly are -- are they closer to extratropical than tropical, etc. -- but that there should be some classification scheme nonetheless, one that is applied consistantly with at least a rough operational definition. But, I'd like to get everyone's thoughts, as I mentioned before, on the topic...

Here's hoping the season is over...

Spike
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Nov 12 2004 07:14 AM

Yea.. Hopefully we wont have any more canes' this year. I dont think florida can offord much more. I would like to just call this season done.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Fri Nov 12 2004 09:01 AM

Yes, I'm so incredibly relieved that October and now Novermber has been mostly quiet. The site is slow, and I'm glad to see it for once. Bring on '05. I'm heading down to Florida today and trying to do a few things for the end of year (or early next year) animated flash presentation I'm working on for 2004. Plus getting the new site stuff up working properly.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Nov 12 2004 10:28 AM
thats some concentrated color down there..

http://orca.rsmas.miami.edu/wximages/jet/1_05/anis.html

LI Phil
(User)
Fri Nov 12 2004 10:39 AM

>>> With the loss of life these systems can bring -- see the May Haiti storm -- it is obvious that some attention should be paid to these systems. But do they deserve to become a part of the tropical cyclone climatology as named storms? My personal belief is no

We should have an off season discussion on this...While Ed will argue with me, I believe (I've said it enough times) that the NHC TOTALLY dropped the ball with said May storm...maybe it wasn't totally tropical, and maybe it didn't deserve a name, but there was NO RECON nor even any discussion of such. 3,000 Haitians lost their lives in this disaster...I also believe that because of this terrible tragedy, the NHC did an excellent job (for the most part) during the rest of the season...including prepping for recon for 91L & 92L.

I think we're done for 2004...the season from hell.

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Nov 12 2004 02:42 PM

It doesn't matter if the storm is classified or if it isn't...giving names to storms is a tradition and when you think about it, seems rather stupid. I also don't feel there is a need to call something sub-tropical...do you think the average person (non-meteoroligical) would want to know the difference. The only thing that needs to be worked on is the accuracy of tracking these storms, needless of their classification; and the dynamics involved. Other then that I think we're okay, and we should just take it one step at a time...

Spike
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Nov 13 2004 05:58 PM

Chances are if another storm even forms it wont effect florida to much.... I hope. But you never know like this year turned out to be a surprise. Do you think were going to have an active season next year?? " i know not this active this is very rare" but do you wonder what it would be like to have this kinda season again? Just wanted to run that by you.

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Sat Nov 13 2004 06:03 PM

I don't know about next year, yet...haven't looked at my info. Way to early anyway, usually release my forecasts in Jan. Feb time period. But apparently this season was "held back" by the el nino, so next year could be worse. Whatever may happen, the trend should not have hurricanes landfalling on Florida as much as this year, but more northerly around the OB area...look at unysis's records the pattern is clearly there.

Spike
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Nov 13 2004 06:15 PM

This season was wild! Just thinking of next season being worse is crazy. Yet exciting because i like storms.

LI Phil
(User)
Sat Nov 13 2004 07:39 PM

Why are there still 2 Invests up? Season is toast, thankfully. Spike, I can almost GUARANTEE you won't see another season like this one in the near future. That's not to say it CAN'T happen, just that the odds are against it.

With all this global warming I'm freezing to death up here...

Spike
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Nov 14 2004 12:06 PM

By next season were still going to be seeing some of the dammage from this season lol. I would hope we dont have another season like this one. And yea the odds are way against it i bet all the floridians are thankfull for that too. That damn weather bug would all beep because of flooding so i got rid of it lol. Its like 72 and im freezing here! I want it to be summer again Soon enough....

Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Tue Nov 16 2004 09:11 PM
Re: Ice Age

Off topic dialogue was moved to the 'Other Weather Events' Forum.

HanKFranK
(User)
Wed Nov 17 2004 06:49 PM
gaston redesignated

for those of y'all who thought gaston had the structure of a minimal hurricane, nhc's post-analysis report is out and it agrees. the late recon was cancelled, but information from wilmington and charleston radars indicates that winds were at hurricane strength as the storm made landfall. also interesting is the best track data, which has the minimum pressure adjusted down a few mb from the operational numbers given back on august 29th. also, hermine's post-analysis came out a few days ago, and included a track as a depression two days prior to it's operational track.
so, that makes nine hurricanes on the year. four tropical and one subtropical storm. and a depression (that had t.s. level D-numbers a few days before its brief operational classification). six of the hurricanes and two of the tropical storms hit the united states.. a historic season to say the least.
HF 2247z17november

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 17 2004 07:29 PM
Re: gaston redesignated

Yep...saw that. So we're at 14/9/6...screwing up my numbers again.

Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Thu Nov 18 2004 05:10 PM
season's end

Just remember that we had two december storms last year

(Weather Guru)
Thu Nov 18 2004 10:50 PM
Re: season's end

I wonder if next summer will be like 04? It will be interesting to see whats in store. Im ready for some change of season! Thats the only downfall to living in Florida is the holidays. Not much change until january. The last few years ive been in shorts on Christmas Day. I guess some folks would say im lucky! but it just doesnt seem right to me even though ive lived here all of my life!

Ricreig
(User)
Fri Nov 19 2004 03:29 PM

Quote:

Just remember that we had two december storms last year

True, but that takes care of last year, and the extra one takes care of *this* year, so we don't need one

Maybe next year. We need to let this season die before it kills anyone else. This year was a bad one...what, over 3000 people killed, how many billion in damages in Florida alone, not to mention additional billions in the SouthEast...hell, almost the Eastern third of the US if you count the remnants of the major storms and even more if you count the home grown storms that cruised up and through the Eastern seaboard, all the way to 'yankee' land and points north.

Nope, Even *next* year is too soon!

Rabbit, I know you're like most of us, it is fun to track storms, and I hope next year has 26 named storms....but the tracking should be who can guess the lat/long of the storms and at what time....but NO LANDFALLING ANYWHERE, or you lose, even if you guess/forecast right.

TTYL

danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Fri Nov 19 2004 10:12 PM

Go get 'em Ric! While I managed to dodge the spray of bullets this year, I know a lot of you weren't as lucky. I hope that FEMA and your adjusters have gotten your place of residence repaired.
While Rabbit and others were excellent with their predictions and prognostications. I think we would be better off if they stuck to Football predictions and the like. Here's to the "Season from Hell", may we never see another like it.

Ricreig
(User)
Sat Nov 20 2004 10:08 AM

Quote:

Go get 'em Ric! While I managed to dodge the spray of bullets this year, I know a lot of you weren't as lucky. I hope that FEMA and your adjusters have gotten your place of residence repaired.

One does not economically win with insurance of mobile homes, especially older ones like I own. When the policy payments and deductables equal or exceed the worth of the tin box, you don't play the insurance game. I actually come out ahead by paying into a savings account and self insuring out of that fund. Mobile homes often have a decade or two before being 'too old' or being decimated by storm, and the monthly premium saved is often enough to pay for a new one when the time comes. As to FEMA, because I have a job that pays more than minimum wage, I make too much money, am of the wrong sex, my children are grown, am single and while racial prejudice is illegal, I get the impression my 'suntan' is insufficient. No, I am far from racist, 90% of my students are black or hispanic or asian, and almost all of my students eventually get over *their* prejudice against this old (ancient) white, sourthern-born, male, geek instructor and become vocal and supportive of me to their brothers and sisters new to my classroom and often keep in touch via E-Mail even after graduation. ....But, I can't say that our governmental agencies share that enlightened attitude. Thus, I bear the full cost of the needed repairs. Actually, that suits me fine as then I don't owe any favors or debts to them and they can't hold anything over my head to induce me to do their bidding. They can't take away or withhold what they aren't providing in the first place.
Quote:

While Rabbit and others were excellent with their predictions and prognostications. I think we would be better off if they stuck to Football predictions and the like. Here's to the "Season from Hell", may we never see another like it.

Rabbit and others like him exhibit the sins that many of us share, too many hormones, testosterone mostly, that makes too many of us want to exhibit 'bravery' by confronting the worst nature has to offer head on. When withstood, they can say 'it was fun!, let's do it again!'. Often forgotten is the fact they were standing there in their urine dampened underware when they said that. Too many of us seem to forget that death is permanent and even a small storm has the potential to kill. I hold no ill will against those that wishcast, but I pray their education comes before the storm they wish for.

Daniel, in your chosen field of work, you know the down side, the bad, that weather can deal out. You, like myself and others here in this forum, have gone through Camille, and her bastard children. We know the misery of months without power, fresh water and a cool drink. If we could harness the 'Rabbits' and their ability to forecast, often accurately, where these storms will go, we could avoid some of the loss of life and property damage. You and I though, have an obligation too....to try and educate them about the 'facts of life' with regard to these storms. Then, you, (I'm too old now) go out and pick up the pieces, dig out the victims and those who were both foolish and unlucky enough to get what they wishcasted for.

I am glad that this season is apparantly over, that nothing looms. I do miss the activity here in this forum though, it gave me new opportunities to make friends and learn, and yes, to occasionally even to help educate those in need and to help calm the paniced and hopefully guiding them to an informed decision rather than a paniced reaction to a bad situation. I do miss that.

LI Phil
(User)
Sat Nov 20 2004 12:39 PM

>>> Here's to the "Season from Hell", may we never see another like it.

Daniel-san, you need to put [tm LI Phil] around that quote!

>>> Rabbit and others like him exhibit the sins that many of us share, too many hormones, testosterone mostly, that makes too many of us want to exhibit 'bravery' by confronting the worst nature has to offer head on. When withstood, they can say 'it was fun!, let's do it again!'. Often forgotten is the fact they were standing there in their urine dampened underware when they said that.

That just may be THE best quote of the 2004 season...

>>> If we could harness the 'Rabbits'... to try and educate them about the 'facts of life' with regard to these storms.

I move we vote him off the island...

>>> because I have a job that pays more than minimum wage, I make too much money, am of the wrong sex, my children are grown, am single and while racial prejudice is illegal, I get the impression my 'suntan' is insufficient.

Take out the kids part, and that statement applies to moi aussi.

The season is not over...nothing's over until we say it's over. Was it over when the german's bombed pearl harbor? No. C'mon, who's with me...

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Sat Nov 20 2004 02:52 PM

The season is over, and even if we did get some development the NHC most likely wouldn't classify it unless it was a significant feature.

LI Phil
(User)
Sat Nov 20 2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

The season is over, and even if we did get some development the NHC most likely wouldn't classify it unless it was a significant feature.

You don't recognize classic Belushi when you see it?

Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Tue Nov 23 2004 05:25 PM
Re: Winding Down - Almost

About the only opportunity left for any development would be a stationary low pressure in the middle of the atlantic (See Olga from 2001) That develops into a relatively cool, warm core system. It's rare, but it can happen, even into December (Lily 1985)

And the odds of that are... low. But just food to think about. (as another note, systems like that tend to track southwest. Odd, but little is normal with systems like those...)

-Mark (Falcons 8 - 2 - haven't said that in a while!)

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Tue Nov 23 2004 06:35 PM

Olga? Those storms have come, and now their time is over. Not to metion it is almost getting physically impossible, the water temperatures are losing there touch, which is not to be confused with they are not warm enough to support a system. Also, if a storm were to form, it would get caught up in a trof and ride it's way out of there not to Florida, times have changed and so has the pattern. Not busting on you, just don't agree...

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Thu Nov 25 2004 08:33 AM

Happy thanksgiving all, seasons almost officially over, and I for one am glad.

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Nov 25 2004 11:56 AM

Ricreig
(User)
Thu Nov 25 2004 07:18 PM

Quote:

Happy thanksgiving all, seasons almost officially over, and I for one am glad.

You do not stand alone in that feeling. On the other hand, despite the (tm) Season from Hell, you should feel good that you and the others that operate, maintain and moderate this board have done a needed job, done it well and probably saved both property and lives because you were here. You should feel good about that aspect of this past season, and I, for one on this Thanksgiving Day, do give thanks you all were here.

Storm Cooper
(User)
Thu Nov 25 2004 09:04 PM

Back at all with "Happy Thanksgiving". Now I await the snow storm from hell to strike Florida If that happens...remember me!

Heather
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Nov 25 2004 09:49 PM

Wouldn't that be something. It will definitely be the end of the world as we know it!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone and hope your belly is as full as mine...

Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Fri Nov 26 2004 04:30 PM

Quote:

Olga? Those storms have come, and now their time is over. Not to metion it is almost getting physically impossible, the water temperatures are losing there touch, which is not to be confused with they are not warm enough to support a system. Also, if a storm were to form, it would get caught up in a trof and ride it's way out of there not to Florida, times have changed and so has the pattern. Not busting on you, just don't agree...

LOL no problem, it's just that Olga and the like are such interesting situations because they're rare enough to have only a little data on the storms... If memory serves me correct Olga formed over SST's that were barely 20 degree Centigrade. which would be extremely cold for a storm to develop. Oh well... In a year like this you expect the unexpected. perhaps happily this is a year in which we don't have something like that!

Mark (Falcons... Go go go! LOL)

Storm Cooper
(User)
Fri Nov 26 2004 09:49 PM
Re: Possible Hold The Phone...

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

AFTERNOON SATELLITE IMAGES INDICATE THAT SHOWER ACTIVITY HAS
INCREASED IN ASSOCIATION WITH A NON-TROPICAL AREA OF LOW PRESSURE
CENTERED ABOUT 1100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE WESTERN AZORES. THERE
IS SOME POTENTIAL FOR A SUBTROPICAL OR TROPICAL CYCLONE TO FORM
DURING THE NEXT DAY OR TWO AS THE SYSTEM MOVES SLOWLY WESTWARD.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL STORM FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED THROUGH
SATURDAY.

FORECASTER BEVEN

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Nov 26 2004 09:58 PM

This is absurd, another possible storm...for once I'll like to be right!

Storm Cooper
(User)
Fri Nov 26 2004 11:54 PM

Never say never!

HanKFranK
(User)
Sat Nov 27 2004 12:33 AM
'nother hybrid

we had a couple like this in october that were never classified. it'll have to do some better tricks than that to get the nhc calling it otto. never mind that it looks as good as nicole ever did.
hope y'all enjoyed turkey day. things would be perfect if i could get some venison now...
HF 0432z27november

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center