orlandoweather
(Registered User)
Sun Aug 08 2010 10:58 AM
Low Forming Off Florida East Coast

Wow what crazy hail in central fl this morning ...anyways it looks like a low is tryin to develop off the east coast of florida anyone else notice this???

(Post was moved in error.)

Jasonch
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Aug 09 2010 09:10 AM
Re: Low Forming Off Florida East Coast

does anybody really believe 94L has any chance of developing in to anything worth talking about.

Prospero
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 09 2010 04:38 PM

I remember last summer waking up in the morning and a tropical depression had developed from nothing overnight right off the west Florida coast while I was sleeping.

So I am never surpised...

bob3d
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Aug 09 2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

does anybody really believe 94L has any chance of developing in to anything worth talking about.

Maybe it does, but probably not.

If I didn't know better, Florida radar is currently displaying a circular center between Orlando and Sebring moving west with two bands rotating around the center. It appears as if were a TD, but sometimes things are not what they appear to be as this picture implies (the loop display is even more convincing):

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center