Floridacane
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 08 2003 08:09 PM
Heberts Box

What is everyone referring to when they speak of Heberts Box at about 20N 60W?

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Wed Sep 10 2003 02:17 PM
Re: Heberts Box

I'm not sure on this one, I've heard of it before, but I myself don't have the answer.

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Thu Jul 14 2005 09:24 PM

Could someone answer this question as I have the same one and don't want to make a new thread. Thanks a bunch.

Clark
(Meteorologist)
Thu Jul 14 2005 09:31 PM

It is a box (a rectangle...don't know the exact points, but the 20/60 point is one of the key ones) that the majority of major hurricanes that affected S. Florida passed through/under. It doesn't mean that if a storm were to pass through there, it will hit south Florida, nor does it mean that if it doesn't pass through there that it won't hit S. Florida. It is named after Paul Hebert, the fmr. NHC forecaster who coined the terminology.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center