Spike
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Oct 06 2004 10:53 PM
Serious Central Florida Flooding

With the 3 hurricanes we have had in the past 7 weeks we have had major flooding everyday when i turn on my comp my weatherbug beeps at me that we have flooding still occuring. What would happen if we had another hurricane our water level is already to high. And on the news the water level is making coffins pop out of the ground . Anyway i was just wondering what would happen if we got hit again? Thanks

Katie
(Weather Guru)
Thu Oct 07 2004 11:59 AM
Re: Serious Central Florida Flooding

Spike,

I am not sure, but we are close to the Peace River and it is still over the banks here. They said last night it could be weeks before it goes down and now they fear that the weekend rain that is due to come could cause more problems. Aren't we due some dry weather???

Katie

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Oct 07 2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

when i turn on my comp my weatherbug beeps at me that we have flooding still occuring.

Spike, the weatherbug is spyware

doug
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Oct 07 2004 02:56 PM

after mid october we are supposed to dry out a bit. November is usually a dry month,

Spike
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Oct 07 2004 04:24 PM

OH CRAP! I gotta get rid of it then. What does spyware do??

And yea i hope we dry out this flooding isnt cool but then again neather is drout.

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Thu Oct 07 2004 05:06 PM

He's kidding Spike, I have weatherbug too it doesn't do zlich to my computer. I actually find it usefull sometimes, not often though...

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Oct 07 2004 09:09 PM
Weatherbug

http://axe-s.com/weatherbug/

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Thu Oct 07 2004 09:21 PM
Re: Weatherbug

It works for me...

LI Phil
(User)
Fri Oct 08 2004 12:15 PM
Weatherbug may not be spyware, but it IS adware...

http://www.pchell.com/support/weatherbug.shtml

Spike
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Oct 08 2004 08:55 PM
Re: Weatherbug may not be spyware, but it IS adware...

ok thx im still thinking about getting rid of it.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Dec 20 2004 10:52 AM

Spike- WeatherBug is absolutely NOT spyware- geez, only a few hundred schools in Florida have our weather stations, and we have partner TV stations in EVERY MAJOR Florida city. We are partnered with the Dept. of Homeland Security, 7000 schools, a tiny university called Florida State that uses our weather stations, 100+ Tv stations across the country and oh yeah, the NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE just signed a new memorandum of understanding with us to use MORE of OUR exclusive data that they, the govt., doesn't normally have access to.
Please write me directly at jay@weatherbug.com if you have any questions. I'd encourage you to run any of the many reputable spyware detectors like Spybot, Adaware, McAfee, Pest Patrol, Spykiller, Spysweeper, NoAdware, etc. etc.

Gosh, none of them list us as spyware...because we are NOT.

please visit www.weatherbug.com/notspyware where you can download about a dozen top spyware detectors.

we had our storm chase team in florida for all 4 hurricanes. Not many spyware companies have weather trucks with 100K worth of storm equipment on them or send 3 meteorologists and 1 technical engineer on the road for weeks at a time to cover major storms.

Thanks,
Jay Hoffman
manager, WeatherBug customer support

Quote:

Quote:

when i turn on my comp my weatherbug beeps at me that we have flooding still occuring.

Spike, the weatherbug is spyware

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center