F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

General Discussion >> Other Weather Events

Pages: 1
danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Monday Morning
      #37554 - Mon Jun 27 2005 11:32 AM

Checking the NWS office's Area Forecast Discussions, from Lake Charles,LA to Jacksonville,FL.
Several mention the GFS model forecasting a "low" to develop in the GOM-Gulf of Mexico.
All of the Northern and Eastern Gulf Coast NWS AFDs are tossing the GFS solution out at this time.

However. The NWS Offices from Mobile to Tampa, and across FL to Melbourne are mentioning a very rainy forecast. With at least two of the offices mentioning the possibility of having to issue urban/ small stream flood advisories due to heavy amounts of rain falling in a short period of time, and falling on saturated ground.

The cloud patterns in the GOM are related to interaction between a tropical wave and low pressure trough.

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
530 AM EDT MON JUN 27 2005
FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

A WEAKENING AREA OF LOW PRESSURE SOUTH OF SALISBURY MARYLAND IS MOVING NORTH TO NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 10 MPH. TROPICAL STORM FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED WITH THIS SYSTEM OR ELSEWHERE THROUGH TUESDAY.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Monday Morning [Re: danielw]
      #37556 - Mon Jun 27 2005 12:14 PM

This may just be a rain event, but from a distance, it looks like any other tropical system crossing the Yucatan into the GOM It even has the banding "look".

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
GOM Weather [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #37557 - Mon Jun 27 2005 12:22 PM

Checking the Brownsville, TX NWS site.
Short Term Forecast for the Coastal Waters.
700 AM CDT MON JUN 27 2005

.NOW...
THROUGH 9 AM...ISOLATED SHOWERS WILL MOVE SLOWLY NORTHWEST ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS AND THE LAGUNA MADRE. BRIEF PERIODS OF MODERATE RAINFALL CAN BE EXPECTED.

So FL is not alone in this.

teal61@work
Unregistered

Re: GOM Weather [Re: danielw]
      #37559 - Mon Jun 27 2005 02:53 PM

JB has some interest in the BOC this morning, particularly the area around 18.0/92.0 where he thinks that the beginnings of a LLCc might be. Some far not enough daylight pictures to really tell yet.

HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
gulf & E of islands [Re: teal61@work]
      #37560 - Mon Jun 27 2005 03:14 PM

i looked at JB's stuff earlier... he showed some nice analogs to western gulf storms and how the ridging/surface weather there could combine to generate something. a couple of the models are tracking a vortmax/disturbance to the tx/mex border through thursday, so any pressure falls in the area will get the hype machine going.
just to pique other interests, i've got a hunch the next two may mention the wave at 45w. the 8am twd did, noting the swirl and modest increase in convection. i've been looking at it on vis closeup on the ghcc loop, and checking the upper charts ahead of it... if it can get free of the ITCZ, the ridging should move in tandem with it into the caribbean as a twin-vortex TUTT feature swivels to a positively-tilted alignment. globals still ike that newly-emerged wave as well out near the cv islands.
really there is ridging from the BOC up to east of hatteras.. any low level turning in the region can become suspect. watch for another low to run hatteras by mid week as well. any one of these little things can cause a stir.
HF 1609z27june

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: parrish,fl
Re: GOM Weather [Re: teal61@work]
      #37561 - Mon Jun 27 2005 03:24 PM

That is interesting , but if something does go where JB points it will be short lived as that section of the moisture is moving NW'd. The moisture coming up further east is moving northward, and there is no definite sign of circulation ...that cluster at 18/92 does have a signature to it though.

--------------------
doug

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Re: gulf & E of islands [Re: HanKFranK]
      #37562 - Mon Jun 27 2005 03:40 PM

There is some model interest in the mid Atlantic feature.

--------------------
doug

h2ocean
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: South Merritt Island, FL
Re: gulf & E of islands [Re: doug]
      #37563 - Mon Jun 27 2005 04:55 PM

Looking at 10.5 N 47 W....there is a low there with convection. Maybe even a hint at some banding trying to develop.

--------------------
Merritt Island, FL Home Weather Station

MapMaster
Unregistered

BOC [Re: h2ocean]
      #37564 - Mon Jun 27 2005 06:14 PM

BOC vortex is emerging in the south BOC: models jumping on it and also the convection in the east central Gulf.

Plus, as others have said, to promising looking waves/disturbances, one east of the islands. one just coming off Africa.

MM

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Re: BOC [Re: MapMaster]
      #37565 - Mon Jun 27 2005 06:44 PM

The most recent Sat. Pics. suggest the tropical wave axis is along 88W and continues to progress generally NW'd.
The BOC is under a shear environme along of strong SW flow along the border of the trough to its west and the approaching tropical wave from the east. the shear will prevent rapid development in the BOC, in my opinion.
The E. GOM is the diffluence of the wave and the trough and general movement of the moisture on the east side of the wave axis is NW'd and then around the ridge in the Atlantic... NE of Florida There are no signs of any development there...pretty consistent with the 11:30 TWD.

--------------------
doug

hurricanejk
Unregistered

Re: BOC [Re: MapMaster]
      #37566 - Mon Jun 27 2005 06:51 PM

The models show what ever this is moving westward or west-northwestward. Kind of like the BOC low a few weeks ago. I don't expect development. In fact it would never have the time to get anywhere near as developed as the unnamed cyclone yesterday. What we need to watch is if any energy splits to the north. The Gulf seems to be pretty unfavable but worth watching. Hopefully on best track later this year we will know.

MapMaster
Unregistered

Re: Hybrid system [Re: danielw]
      #37567 - Mon Jun 27 2005 07:59 PM

This is what Mt. Holly, NJ Discussion had to say about the low over Delaware today:

THIS COASTAL HYBRID LOW WILL SLOWLY MOVE
NORTHWARD TONIGHT AND GRADUALLY SPIN DOWN (WEAKEN). THIS THING EVEN
HAS SPIRAL BANDS WRAPPING AROUND THE CENTER.

MM

Mapmaster
Unregistered

Re: Hybrid system [Re: MapMaster]
      #37568 - Mon Jun 27 2005 08:04 PM

Buffalo referrred to it as a 'tropical system' with subsidence on the periphery....Albany says this:

BUT LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN LIKELY FROM ANY STORMS.
WILL UP POPS TONIGHT WITH SEMI-TROPICAL SYSTEM LIFTING NORTHWARD
THROUGH MID ATLANTIC.

RADAR WILL BE IN CONVECTIVE Z-R THIS AFTERNOON. WE WILL SHIFT TO
TROPICAL THIS EVENING.

MM

Steve hirschb.
Unregistered

Re: gulf & E of islands [Re: HanKFranK]
      #37569 - Mon Jun 27 2005 09:42 PM

Yeah HF, I've been watching the area in the central atlantic you mentioned. Last visibles still showing some slight rotation in the low level clouds with some stronger convection as well. This is the time of year we can start looking at these features for possible development, and the high SSTs help a bunch. Circulation is into the BOC as well and this may be interesting. Shear doesn't appear to be too bad. THe west coast of the GOM needs to watch this one. Eyes should be looking east the next couple of weeks. Cheers!

dem05
User

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL
Re: gulf & E of islands [Re: Steve hirschb.]
      #37570 - Mon Jun 27 2005 11:04 PM

Development or not...It looks like Florida is going to rack up even more rain over the next threee to four days. This afternoon is looking like quite a drencher down on the penninsula. Based on thunderstorms extending through the Fla. Straits. I would have to say this is another tropical wave entering the Gulf instread of just afternoon t-storms. While the BOC is of interest. I still believe the best chances for a weak system to develop in this pattern will be in the central or east central gulf in 48-72 hours. Most likely, north of the Yucatan in the central gulf.

Storm Cooper
User

Reged:
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: gulf & E of islands [Re: dem05]
      #37571 - Mon Jun 27 2005 11:20 PM

Tropical development.. remains to be seen but I doubt it at this time. As far as rain + Florida, Oh yes. The panhandle will get in on some of this also in the next day or so.

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

dem05
User

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL
Re: gulf & E of islands [Re: Storm Cooper]
      #37572 - Mon Jun 27 2005 11:54 PM

Rain in the Panhandle is an accurate statement as well. Not totally sure about you in PC, but it has been very dry in Tallahassee, especially compared to the peninsula. The peninsula will definately be getting wetter though. The last NWS TLH Discussion was mentioning the possibility of heavy rainfall events here.
I'm more of a synoptic weather watcher, monitoring overall interactions. I really lean less attention to the models, but I will say that the Canadian is remaining consistent with developing a weak low that comes into the PC-Destin-Fort Walton area. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling for hurricane action here, but I have been watching the pattern and a weak system is probably not out of the question.

Old Sailor
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: More like famine for me... [Re: Steve hirschb.]
      #37583 - Tue Jun 28 2005 03:51 AM

Glad to see most of you guys and girls are still around this year, think we will need to wait till Mid-July for our frist Cat 1 or 2.

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged:
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Recovered Post [Re: Old Sailor]
      #37584 - Tue Jun 28 2005 04:02 AM

The following post was recovered . It was linked to off-topic material. The off-topic posts were moved to the Other Weather Events Forum. Please stay on topic.
Thanks,
ED

A well defined area of low pressure is in the BOC. Although bouys dont show alot of wind, heavy thunderstorms are widespread throughout the area with pressures near 1008mb. It could become a depression or even TS later on Tuesday but not sure if NHC will send a plane to investigate since its proximaty to the Mexican coast and nearing the coast on Tuesday. This might be 1 of the possible TS that make landfall too quick to be classified.

scottsvb

LizL
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: St Cloud, Fl
Re: Recovered Post [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #38040 - Tue Jul 05 2005 03:00 PM

UPDATED: A portion of Central Florida is placed in a forecast cone of possible strike locations for one of two storms gaining strength today, according to Local 6 meteorologist Larry Mowry.
this was posted on www.local6.com a Orlando tv stations website. Just sharing what i saw.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5370

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center