F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
WindyWx

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Katrina Domino Effect
      #53677 - Sat Sep 03 2005 09:23 PM

I live in the Tallahassee area and I can't begin to say how disgusted I am with our citizens. Monday nite is the first football game (FSU vs Miami) with over 80,000 people expected in town. Currently, many many gas stations around the state are out of gas...so why have 80,000 people travel at a time like this. But worse, people who have evacuated to Tallahassee are being kick out of hotel rooms because football fans want to come watch the game.

Not to be outdone by FSU, Florida A&M is having its first game this weekend here as well.

As a people, how have Americans become so consumed with self. Shame on us and shame on our government for disappointing so many.

(moved to appropriate Forum)

Edited by Ed Dunham (Sun Sep 04 2005 07:15 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Chemical Soup [Re: WindyWx]
      #54084 - Wed Sep 07 2005 02:09 PM

With all the talk about the water in N.O. surrounding area being contaminated with everything that can be imagined, check out this link on major toxic material storage sites that where affected by Katrina and excactly what the material is and what the health hazards are to humans and animals. Once on the main page, go to Major Toxic Material Storage Sites.....Its mind boggling............Weatherchef.......... web page

Redbird
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Wed
Loc: Central Florida
Re: Katrina Domino Effect [Re: WindyWx]
      #54602 - Mon Sep 12 2005 11:11 AM

I'm not surprised. It has always been about ourselves and to heck with others.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Colleen A., danielw, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3882

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center