Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Azores #96L fails to complete transition into a Sub-Tropical Storm. Elsewhere, weak low pressure in Caribbean may linger into next week.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 40 (Nate) , Major: 58 (Maria) Florida - Any: 68 (Irma) Major: 68 (Irma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2015 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL 28.49N 81.47W
Re: General Atlantic Basin Activity [Re: MikeC]
      #95929 - Thu Sep 10 2015 03:40 AM

And then the next 2 runs show something again in the western gulf mid to late next week, so the general possibility still remains. The GFS still doesn't show anything like this (small area of rain that wanders into Texas) and CMC hints at something, but also has Grace remnants entering the Gulf.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MikeCAdministrator
Admin

#95960 - Mon Sep 21 2015 10:05 AM

The last few weeks have seen a few storms born, but nothing affecting the continental United States. GFS is suggesting we watch the West Caribbean around Sunday for potential, but in general conditions remain very hostile for development anywhere near us this year.

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged: Mon
Loc: parrish,fl 27.53N 82.44W
      #95963 - Tue Sep 22 2015 09:28 AM

There seems to be some increasing Model hypotheses suggesting development in the GOM before the end of next week.

--------------------
doug

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Re: General Atlantic Basin Activity [Re: doug]
      #96079 - Wed Oct 07 2015 10:49 AM

Based on the long range models, the west Caribbean is the next area to watch. Shear is decreasing in the area and the GFS and euro both show something going on there in 10 days.

This is way too far out, but the GFS shows the system nearing Florida 4 days before the 10 year mark of the last hurricane to hit Florida (Wilma) -- which was also the last major hurricane (Cat 3+) to make landfall in the US. The FIM experimental model also shows w. carib development by 10/20 see

Long range experimental FIM model, take with several grains of salt. All this means is watch the w. Carib for development

This is long range and all this really means is watch the West Caribbean late next week and the week after this does NOT mean this will occur.

Doombot!
Weather Guru

Reged: Sat
Loc: Lakeland, Fl.
10 years? [Re: MikeC]
      #96080 - Wed Oct 14 2015 12:21 AM

There's a couple models picking up a GOM system around 156 - 180 hours, but it's starting to really look like Florida is going to make the milestone 10 years without a landfalling hurricane.

This, coupled with the Erika false alarm (mostly by the media) has me worried about serious case of hurricane apathy when the time eventuality comes, be it in 5 days or 5 years.

Fewer and fewer of us were around for the 04 and 05 pounding (and much fewer still for 92 Andrew). All I can hope is that if a "big one" is incoming, socal media will overcome apathy.

Hopefully this is my last post for 2015. If so, have a great off season and we'll talk next year.

D!

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged: Mon
Loc: parrish,fl 27.53N 82.44W
Re: 10 years? [Re: Doombot!]
      #96081 - Thu Oct 15 2015 10:54 AM

Yes...the models on the FSU site seem to agree that a GOM disturbance will exist at the 7-10 day mark. We on the on the best coast of Florida are the most vulnerable in late Oct.-early Nov. Not over until; the "fat Lady" sings.

--------------------
doug

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9961

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center