Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

#CINDY Loses Tropical Cyclone status. However, flooding rain and isolated tornado potential continues, pushing east
# of days since last Hurricane Landfall - US: Any 259 (Matthew) , Major: 4262 (11 y 8 m) (Wilma) Florida - Any: 296 (Hermine) Major: 4262 (11 y 8 m) (Wilma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2016 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Mcgowanjm
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sat
Loc: NWArkansas 30.32N 89.35W
Re: HERMINE FORECAST LOUNGE [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #96916 - Sat Sep 03 2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

This storm could be a real problem for the North East.

And I've been googling the region. Places where I know the barrier island was cut
Are not showing up.

Another difference from Sandy. A Cut off Low Hybrid. Or is that a Rex Block?
ProMets please educate a rube....thanks.

Edited by Ed Dunham (Sat Sep 03 2016 10:25 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Hermine Forecast Lounge [Re: cieldumort]
      #96917 - Sat Sep 03 2016 11:01 AM

ADMIN NOTE
As cieldumort noted earlier: "Just a reminder to members new and old, let's please keep messaging to private IMs during active events. It will help to keep the forum free of clutter for those needing to find valuable information fast."

As we get into the more active part of the season we all need to remember that CFHC is not a free-for-all chat room. Rather it is a topic oriented forum that provides commentary - usually on a specific storm or subject. For those newer members who may not know where to find the site guidelines, here is a link:

CFHC Rules for Posting

When a new storm approaches there is a tendency to be the first to put up the latest NHC bulletin - but we ask that you do not do this. The NHC bulletins are immediately available as drop-down text on the Main Page. A reminder from the site rules:

"Entire Article/Advisory Reposting: Don't do it. The main page has most of the advisories and just tend to clutter the site. It is likely to be edited down or graveyarded depending on how much content other than the article/advisory is there. If there's a specific part of an advisory or article, reposting that excerpt with discussion is fine."

Thanks for your help with this.
ED

Mcgowanjm
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sat
Loc: NWArkansas 30.32N 89.35W
Re: Hermine Forecast Lounge [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #96925 - Mon Sep 05 2016 09:58 AM

Hello! Anybody here?

I'll just put this here for comments by the ProMets.

Thanx

Quote:

This storm's a big headache. As soon as everyone was certain this was going to stay east due to the nonstop east movement yesterday and all the models shifting east with it, now they've all shifted extremely far west. What's even stranger is some show it coming back to the coast and dissipating.

If it keeps that huge wind field and it gets as far west as the GFS, euro and the other runs have it, then they might have to reissue some of the warnings they finally ended up dropping :\

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 52970

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center