F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 231 (Idalia) , Major: 231 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 231 (Idalia) Major: 231 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: 98L.Invest [Re: yecatsjg]
      #41664 - Sun Jul 10 2005 01:55 PM

disagree. there's another thread with the same topic... the GFS recurves the second one... typical knee-jerk response. most of the globals are tracking the energy of the leader east to florida. the second revs up (more than it will) early on and gets latitude, finds a trough weakness and goes up near bermuda.
problem is, the first one is developing and will respond differently. it may indeed end up near florida, or perhaps a little further north. the second one i'm holding the jury on; if it gets strong, yeah, that ridge weakness scenario looks right. but i'm fairly sure it will be on a lower trajectory path as well. since nothing has the storm out in front of it right, i don't reckon it has the environment for the second...
ah anyway, what do i know. i am pulling for a hurricane or near hurricane in the islands on july 14th, and perhaps a sixth tropical cyclone of the season around mid-month.
okay, no more wacky scenarios.
HF 1855z10july

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Big Red Machine
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk City, FL
Re: 98L.Invest [Re: HanKFranK]
      #41684 - Sun Jul 10 2005 02:30 PM

So far this season has been 4 for 4... four systems... four making landfall. As long as these two stay on a more northerly path and not into the Gulf, I'll be happy.

cjzydeco
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Sebastian, FL
Re: 98L.Invest [Re: Big Red Machine]
      #41794 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:17 PM

Quote:

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
530 PM EDT SUN JUL 10 2005

VIGOROUS TROPICAL WAVE...ACCOMPANIED BY A WELL-DEFINED LOW PRESSURE AREA...IS LOCATED ABOUT 1180 MILES EAST OF THE SOUTHERN LESSER ANTILLES. THIS SYSTEM HAS CONTINUED TO BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED...AND CONDITIONS ARE FAVORABLE FOR A TROPICAL DEPRESSION TO DEVELOP LATER TONIGHT OR ON MONDAY AS IT MOVES WESTWARD AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL STORM FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED THROUGH MONDAY.

FORECASTER STEWART

Looks like more sleepless nights spent glued to the computer by late next week.

--------------------
Lat/Lon: 27.8, -80.5
Frances '04, Jeanne '04, Wilma '05, Ernesto '06, Faye '08

stormchazer
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Central Florida
Re: 98L.Invest [Re: HanKFranK]
      #41800 - Sun Jul 10 2005 05:27 PM

Are we to infer that we have a similar....I said similar, not exactly the same, setup as last year with Strong High Pressure dominating the Atl? It seems that it may even be more dramatic forcing more Hurricanes into the Gulf and further to the Central and Western Gulf states.

--------------------
Jara

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
Re: 98L.Invest [Re: cjzydeco]
      #41882 - Sun Jul 10 2005 09:42 PM

If this season does not slow down my wife is going to kill me LOL

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Hankler
Unregistered

Re: 98L.Invest [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #41933 - Sun Jul 10 2005 11:32 PM

Tazmanian, I know what you mean!!! haha. I dont think its going to get any better...

My site: Hurricane News

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: 98L.Invest [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #41979 - Mon Jul 11 2005 08:57 AM

I hear you. I`m lucky mine didn`t kill me last year. Looks T-5 might get into the Bahamas next week as a hurricane. Its are turn to battle here on the east coast it looks like. Early next week might be very interesting for Florida again. 2005 is with out a doubt going to be a monster year when it comes to the tropics I believe. Us Floridians need to be ready for the next round. The Cape Verde`s are coming and theres nothing we can do to stop them. Just be prepared.........Weatherchef

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19444

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center