Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Azores #96L fails to complete transition into a Sub-Tropical Storm. Elsewhere, weak low pressure in Caribbean may linger into next week.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 47 (Nate) , Major: 65 (Maria) Florida - Any: 74 (Irma) Major: 74 (Irma)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives >> 2016 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: B.C.Francis]
      #97529 - Fri Oct 07 2016 11:13 AM

St Augustine Pier

[image]http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/st-augustine-pier-florida_90680/[/image]

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Wingwiper
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sat
Loc: Florida 29.05N 82.50W
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #97531 - Fri Oct 07 2016 12:26 PM

A non-event here on the West coast. Light wind - gusts to 30 mph. Pumped the pool down two inches last night - have to put an inch and a half back in today. Power on all night, with a flicker at 11AM today... but it stayed on.

--------------------
Rode out Charlie on Sanibel Island 2004

Edited by Wingwiper (Fri Oct 07 2016 12:51 PM)

IMTechspec
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Orlando
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: IMTechspec]
      #97533 - Fri Oct 07 2016 01:11 PM

Power went out East of Orlando shortly after I posted the last report.
Pressure is up to 992, but winds have been sustained around 20 MPH, gusting mid 30's to mid 40's MPH. We saw a couple of 48 MPH gusts. I will have weather data as long as the battery backup lasts.

BayCoGator
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Fri
Loc: NW Florida
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: IMTechspec]
      #97537 - Fri Oct 07 2016 04:20 PM

There are some powerful pictures emerging from ongoing storm surge flooding in St. A. I also saw a couple pics of surge breaching dunes in JAX beach area with water pouring into the residential areas, and there looked to be quite a bit of water in there already.

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Plant City, Florida 28.01N 82.12W
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: BayCoGator]
      #97538 - Fri Oct 07 2016 11:08 PM

A good friend of mine is southeast of downtown St Augustine....almost to I-95. His neighbors porch flew past his house to the other neighbor's yard....his power is out and he says the downtown area is in bad shape...but he and his family are safe and unharmed...waiting to hear more.

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2017 Season Prediction: 16/7/3

IsoFlame
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce... 29.15N 80.97W
Re: Matthew - Conditions in Your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #97545 - Wed Oct 12 2016 09:13 AM

3-day rain total surrounding Matthew's passage: 6.28" of which 5.25" measured on Friday 10/7
Highest winds (estimates) Sustained: 78 mph Gust: 87 mph Friday morning.
The areas beachside and mainland (east of US 1) homes and businesses are still clearing debris, securing property and filing insurance claims. Portions of SR A1A to the north of my location in Flagler County fell into the ocean. I had significant water intrusion from wind driven rain in the second floor of my house, but the structure is otherwise fine. The yard was ravaged with numerous trees and a 25' palm snapped in half. Power was restored 11 pm Sunday evening on 10/9. There are still some beachside homes without power just to the south. Bike week has started in Volusia County, I and others believe it should've been rescheduled at a later date to provide area residents and businesses more time to recover before the influx of thousands of motorcyclists.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 23646

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center