F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 231 (Idalia) , Major: 231 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 231 (Idalia) Major: 231 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: W. Central Florida
Re: TD 3# Forms
      #1702 - Tue Aug 06 2002 06:02 AM

5AM and the loop still looks impressive!!!! T.Leap

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Metairie, LA
Here's Bertha...
      #1703 - Tue Aug 06 2002 06:56 AM

FINALLY a heavy feeder band moving in. I just woke up with some loud thunder and heavy rainfall. Looks like we'll get a couple of inches with this squall. Better late then never.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Re: Here's Bertha...
      #1704 - Tue Aug 06 2002 07:47 AM

Again, I caution everyone Not to depend on these models so much. My hunch was right on the remains of Bertha just stalling and eventually raining itself out. It never did take that west to southwest move or the continual northwest track that the models said it would. Now if a dummy like me can sit here and out perform these models sometime, then we need to start paying closer attention to other possibilities that the models are not picking up on. That brings me to TD#3. The models are still bullish on this trough picking it up and sending it out, but we all see what is going on here and it is leaning towards the models being wrong again. I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure that the models will be incorrect on this one because I know that the logical thing is to think that TD#3 will be picked up. However, models never what to go out on a limb on things, which means they would NEVER predict a trough MISSING a system. The models could be right still, but right now I'm leaning towards this thing making it into the gulf. I can't believe I'm actually ageeing with Joe B. HAHAHA!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1705 - Tue Aug 06 2002 08:38 AM

K so is everyone ready for Bertha #2.

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

#1706 - Tue Aug 06 2002 08:45 AM

What do you mean?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1707 - Tue Aug 06 2002 08:47 AM

looks like its headed for the gulf again, shawn , now reason it wouldn't develop if it got there.

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

#1708 - Tue Aug 06 2002 08:57 AM

I don't think there is a circulation left anymore. It would take too much for it to get going again. Not only that, I think the storms will fade off once they get back into the water.

Cocoa Beach
Unregistered

Pressure Falling
      #1709 - Tue Aug 06 2002 09:03 AM

Hey Steve,

Have looked at the bouy 120 NM East of Cape Canaveral?
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.phtml?station=41010
The water is certainly warm enough to sustain Tropical growth.

Cocoa Beach
Unregistered

Link to Florida and Eastern Gulf of Mexico Recent Marine Data
      #1710 - Tue Aug 06 2002 09:05 AM

For those of you who don't have this link.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/Florida.shtml

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1711 - Tue Aug 06 2002 09:07 AM

Shawn there is definitely a circulation, look at the NRL visible. It looks better than when it hit land.

Anonymous
Unregistered

TD # 3
      #1712 - Tue Aug 06 2002 09:15 AM

Appears to be heading east right now on vis loop. Is this temporary?? Will a new LCC form under the deep convection?? Doubt it. Looks like it's making it's move. If it doesn't stall, it will spin fish. Cheers!! Steve H.

tom5r
Weather Watcher

Reged: Mon
Loc: Islamorada, Florida
      #1713 - Tue Aug 06 2002 09:17 AM

TD-3 is here for our entertainment pleasure. I dont think it's gonna do a thing. I've seen more impressive 'Nor Easters' on the Jersey shore. We in the Florida Keys are still watching for one of those bad boys coming off the African coast that tend to bee-line straight towards us.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TD # 3
      #1714 - Tue Aug 06 2002 09:58 AM

does appear to have moved SE. The center is clearly visable on sat. at 30.3 76.44. May just be a slight jog east on the continued south movement but only time will tell

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TD # 3
      #1715 - Tue Aug 06 2002 10:24 AM

now exposed at 30.36 76.4. Looks to be heading out. will probably be a fish spinner.

Anonymous
Unregistered

At Closer Inspection...
      #1716 - Tue Aug 06 2002 10:31 AM

TD #3 appears to have the LCC wobbling in a loop. We'll see if this thing goes NE or sits. Got a feeling if it doesn't make it's move today, someone may have trouble on the east coast. Evn though it's getting sheared right now and has it's northern half exposed, the overall circulation is more symetrical. If if stays put for 24 hours, and has the ridge build over it...look out. Cheers! Steve H.

Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm Losing IT!
      #1717 - Tue Aug 06 2002 12:40 PM

During the past hour, it appears that TD#3 has lost the LLC, as it has gottten sucked into the MLC underneath the center. Could a new center be emerging to the SW??? Check the NRL vis loop out. Cheers!! Steve H.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#1718 - Tue Aug 06 2002 12:50 PM

I've looked at the visible, Radar, and IL and I can't detect any E motion to this except for a jog right around 11AM. It also makes you wonder how there are no probabilities for Florida even though it's right on it's doorstep. Maybe that's why I don't work at the NHC.
Keith

jth
Storm Tracker

#1719 - Tue Aug 06 2002 12:58 PM

I have been tracking the center all morning on visibles. I have it at 30.4 76.42. It is completely open on the northern side. It has been basically sitting still for the past few hours. If anything, it has nudged a tiny bit west in the past hour. It's so close to the magical 30 degree mark that I can't beleive they aren't discusing the possibility of the trough passing it by. Also, it apears to be to the west of the main trough axis. Am I wrong on this????

nickd

Reged: Tue
Loc: Florida
stalled
      #1720 - Tue Aug 06 2002 01:11 PM

i agree. It doesn't look like it's moved that much at all. Has the LLC moved under the convection? In the next few hours we will find out more. Is it me or has the NHC been sleeping lately? On Sunday they acted like nothing notable was going to come out of the Gulf system and all of a sudden we have TD #2 and then hours later we have Bertha. Even on the weather channel at around 3:00 they said lots of rain but no tropical formation when you could see clearly from the radar that something was spinning tightly. I wonder how many people in Louisiana got caught off guard with Bertha? Don't get me wrong I fully respect the NHC as one should but I do have questions about their methods of doing things. Just my 2 cents.

jth
Storm Tracker

Re: stalled
      #1721 - Tue Aug 06 2002 02:01 PM

I have lost the center as it is backing SW under the convection. should be upgraded soon. Probably an intermediate advisory coming out soon.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 15659

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center