F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Interesting Houston Forecast disc...
      #2956 - Mon Sep 09 2002 09:36 PM

boc there is a swirl coming off the yu same place that big red fire ball was sunday night look on the vis let me no if you see anything

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Cycloneye
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: close in
      #2957 - Mon Sep 09 2002 09:48 PM

Hi Hankfrank I will concentrate what is east of me here in PR.There are 2 waves that look active to merit some attention.The first wave has persisted the convection as it has held some as it passes the trough in the mid atlantic.Now as it gets to the 50w longitud we will see if it organizes or not.

As for the wave south of the CV islands convection has increased in the past hours but we have to wait for it to form a surface low and to see if it holds together but we are at peak time for the CV season so any of these waves may develop and I will watch from PR.

--------------------
My 2004 hurricane season forecast=13/8/3

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
My tropical thoughts.
      #2958 - Mon Sep 09 2002 10:27 PM

North Carolina is going to get a lot of weather from Gustav because of his orientation. All of the convection is on the west side, which in a few hours, could start to effect North Carolina. The folks along the Outer Banks can expect some winds to about 55 miles per hour and torrential rain starting late tonight and last through tomorrow. Storm surge of 3-5 feet higher than normal will also effect the Outer Banks. This is a big event...our first EC brush since 1999. Looks like our much touted pattern change which will bring more storms towards the EC in coming years. We'll have to see if this persists.

The wave at and slightly past 40W is BROAD. This is the only thing really inhibiting development with this system. Look for more organization over the next couple of days. I'd look for a depression to form around 50-55W.

The wave south of the Cape Verde Islands is also well organized with some strong convection with it. Slow development may occur out of this wave over the next few days.

An area of convection has been coming and going north of the Yucatan Peninsula since yesterday. This could eventually develop into something. However, timing/strength is very uncertain. This area is showing vague signs of what it might do at this point. Something to watch but not anything for sure.

Looks like a burst in Cape Verde activity and a possible GOMEX storm are the things to watch over the next week. We'll all be watching...could be another strong season occuring late.

Kevin

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged:
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Gustav Update
      #2960 - Mon Sep 09 2002 10:39 PM

...has been posted in the Storm Forum.
Cheers,
ED

Rad
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: St. Pete Fl. {27.8N 82.7W}
Caneman
      #2961 - Mon Sep 09 2002 10:49 PM

True, True,........ I see you have been doing your homework ! & YES it is SEPTEMBER ! Will be watching....C-YAAA!!

--------------------
RIDE 2 LIVE 2 RIDE

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13284

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center