F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
not convinced
      #3003 - Wed Sep 11 2002 04:59 AM

what am i supposed to say? yeah, theres some weather in the gulf, but dry air intruding off the continent. way i see it.. some will persist in the west gulf, weakly, dry air all around, but maybe with a surviving surface low. the convection off the yucatan is moving east.. that pulse of subsidence is moving south acting like a front, causing plenty of lifting ahead of it.. not surprising.. a front doesnt necessarily have cooler air behind it, or much lower pressure, it can better be defined by falls in dewpoint and humidity. serves the purpose here pretty well. the weather moving east towards florida might try to spin up hybrid fashion, then move out into the atlantic. if anything, weak.. more likely just a bunch of rain.
i keep wanting to write off the TD 7 swirl.. NRL finally dropped the invest but that damned thing is still there! yes, its popping like one thundershower, but the low cloud swirl still shows on IR2. subsidence abounds, but will gradually weaken over time.. and there is ridging aloft. with the amplification to the northwest this might regenerate by baroclinic means. i hope it goes away or does develop.. im tired of it lingering like a pesky hangnail.
african waves.. one at 45w has been sheared senseless.. the one behind it has spotty convection under a narrow low amplitude upper ridge. but it too will have to submit to the shear monster. interesting: globals take it due west and track it as far as the caribbean. as nothing but a wave, but maybe it will have a window somewhere in there.
gustav.. go to newfoundland. flirting with hurricane status, has another 24-48 to accomplish that.
interesting that it is now september 11th.. day after the traditional peak of the season.. and still nothing has reached hurricane strength. another quirky year.
there, gave my nightly rundown. summary: gustav goes, maybe nothing to fill his shoes. we're actually in an MJO negative span, so wait til it tries flipping back. anyhow, night all.. take it easy.
HF 0448z11september

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
Re: Subtropical Storm Gustav
      #3004 - Wed Sep 11 2002 05:16 AM

lookin at that water vapor loop it appears very un humid around LA . but the humidity at Intercoastal City, is 100%
http://www.wunderground.com/US/LA/Intracoastal_City.html

Anonymous
Unregistered

African Wave(s)
      #3007 - Wed Sep 11 2002 11:30 AM

One about 500 miles WSW of Cape Verdes looks like it has some rotation this morning. UKMET develops this into a quick moving TS at 120 hours, and I buy that solution since the wave has a great presentation and the environment seems favorable now. GOM is up for grabs. AVN still has consistently shown this feature ending up near the south FL panhandle. Canadien has it going thru North central FL then spinning up the east coast. Not sure about all of that. New wave pushing off Africa looks good. Season ain't over yet I guess. Cheers!! Steve H.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9102

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center