F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)
ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Robert
      #3394 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:46 PM

Hey man, that's o.k. You make some good posts on here; I'm just glad I wasn't out on my own with it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Tropical Depression 10 Forms Near Venezuela
      #3395 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:53 PM

shawn you were right sat night we made you go to bed great job i am going to bed see ya monday

Robert
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Southeast, FL
Re: Robert
      #3396 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:55 PM

A small burst of convection is there we will just have to wiat and see if it gets bigger. Im with ed in that ir will be pretty much useless tonight unless it really means buissnes but i still think that climatology will hold true and it will really start cooking when it gets up towards the nw carribean

AnonymousW
Unregistered

#3397 - Sun Sep 15 2002 08:59 PM

Where is the allegedly new center of the TD? I really appreciate the information.

Jeanine
Weather Watcher

Reged: Mon
Loc: Hollywood, FL
      #3398 - Sun Sep 15 2002 09:12 PM

Gary Grays' discussion tonight is good, he feels that there is also still a closed circulation.
www.millenniumweather.com/tropical/discuss.html

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
convection
      #3399 - Sun Sep 15 2002 09:24 PM

burst of convection going off near 14/70.. roughly where the center would be.. if the extrapolated motion is holding. see if that holds up.. if it does t.d. ten is back in business.
HF 0128z16september

Anonymous
Unregistered

repost
      #3400 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:06 PM

Can anyone recommend atracking software for a palm pilot ?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3401 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:11 PM

looks good now moving fast were is it going now that we no were it is

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3402 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:26 PM

well I still dont have a perdiction on this system. I held off last 2 days cause I couldnt find reliability in the models on wanting to develop this thing as much as they did. Now they hardly want to develop this at all, maybe a weak TS again in the gulf by Thurs or Friday. Again I still dont know and wont know until I can get now 2 consistant model runs in from AVN. I discount the GFDL. 1 run it wants a cat 3 then the next a weak TS. Anyways there is a open wave with a slight midlevel circulation people see. If this storm will develop then it will over the next day or 2. It should slow and turn NW. How strong I wont know till Monday afternoon. Right now not only is there no west wind, there is no north wind at all. This is such a open wave that the convection north of Hispianola looks better. Even though there is a Conv burst in the central carribean, there is not a close chance for a circulation in the next 6-12 hours. Now a ship reporting SE winds near 18K near 13 N and 74W and there should be a NNE to NNW wind. The system is open. Again I will post more later on Monday.
scottsvb HURRICANEUPDATECENTER

Jeanine
Weather Watcher

Loc: Hollywood, FL
      #3403 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:27 PM

As of 0115Z the most current pic on the NRL page, now has it at 14.3N-70.0W, 30kts, 1008mb. Good call Robert and Shawn

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3404 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:32 PM

just saw channel 13 tampa weather, and he says he just saw information that depression is forming again and will be cyclone during the day monday. its not dead...........

Robert
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Southeast, FL
Re: tracking software
      #3405 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:34 PM

I dont no i gave up with tracking software a long time ago all they give you is NHC update and who wants just the NHC, now if there were a tracking software that had joes update,nhc update all the models updated gary's discussion and mikes and several others then that would be hell of a software, but only in a perfect world.

Try doing an internet search.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3406 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:37 PM

as i said there will be a isadore soon, and i think will eventually become a major hurricane.

Eduardo
Unregistered

#3407 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:39 PM

I am a student at Harvard University who is really interested in learning about hurricanes. How could one ascertain that the center was relocated? And could anyone direct me to a source that explains the metereology behind the recolocation of the center of tropical systems. THANKS!!!!

Marktropic
Unregistered

#3408 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:43 PM

Its true there is no low level circulation yet but midlevel is visible on IR. We will have to wait until mourning to see visible satellite and if thunderstorms continue to build over night. Nothing we can do now but wait. My honest feeling is we will have regeneration tommorow north of 15 north and west of 71 west moving nw not wnw. As for after that I think its best until we wait until mourning to see what it actually will be doing. Jamicia should be watching this closely over night and early tommorow and thats as far as I will go tonight.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3409 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:45 PM

VERY GOOD FORCAST MARK. I agree with you. scottsvb

Alex k
Unregistered

It's definitely not dead yet
      #3410 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:45 PM

Looks like it has a good chance of reforming tommorrow. If it does it could mean real problems for the Cuba and the Gulf of Mexico-like we didn't know that. I'd give it a 70-80%chance of reforming.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3411 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:47 PM

look at 1030 tropical weather outlook there will be a low level center soon, if not already and they said cyclone not depression.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3412 - Sun Sep 15 2002 10:55 PM

and your name is? scottsvb

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3413 - Sun Sep 15 2002 11:15 PM

sorry its mark, isnt it amazing that these african waves are hard to kill remember Andrew was said to be dead at one time too. looks like a big burst at 70 west.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 52 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 24406

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center