F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
meto
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Isidore Now A Hurricane
      #4181 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:11 PM

its moving mainly north last hour.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jlauderdal
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FLorida
      #4182 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:13 PM

Its a badger as in University of Wisconsin Badgers..my alma mater. A badger when cornered gets real nasty..Izzy will be cornered in the Gulf and will be real nasty so maybe the badger is aperfect mascot for Izzy.

meto
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #4183 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:15 PM

colleen do you watch ch.9 orlando they said got a 7 day forecast from nooa that shows him turning back to fla,

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4184 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:15 PM

so i am starting to think this may be like Opal an other storms that occur later in the season around september seem to get in the gulf an head north. at least that is climatolgically speaking. so when the storm cranks up over the weekend in the gulf it heads north Mobile- Pensacola? again like 1995

Anonymous
Unregistered

HF is right in the last thread,
      #4185 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:28 PM

Board is becoming a wishcasting haven the last few hours. "It's going north." "It's coming my way." Please at least quality those statements with links, backup or knowledge that a particular jog/illusion/whatever talked you into upping your beer stock or whatever.

Steve

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Re: HF is right in the last thread
      #4187 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:35 PM

I am absolutely not wishcasting this storm to come into the Florida Panhandle/Big Ben at this time. I believe a landfall in that area is a pretty good possibility because of the very slow to non-existant movement this weekend and early next week, the trough may very well pick Isidore up if he gains more latitude. Climatology also favors anything from a N to NE GOMEX hit. My thoughts will change, I will call it as a I see it.

Kevin

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HF is right in the last thread,
      #4188 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:35 PM

Latest Recon. Still moving just north of west. Pressure falling.
URNT12 KNHC 192302
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 19/2302Z
B. 20 DEG 38 MIN N
82 DEG 14 MIN W
C. 850 MB 1231 M
D. 45 KT
E. 216 DEG 045 NM
F. 306 DEG 64 KT
G. 218 DEG 006 NM
H. 981 MB
I. 19 C/ 1565 M
J. 23 C/ 1560 M
K. 18 C/ NA
L. CLOSED WALL
M. C15
N. 12345/8
O. 0.1/2 NM
P. AF966 1210A ISIDORE OB 28
MAX FL WIND 76 KT N QUAD 1940Z.

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
YOU CAN SEE THE EYE
      #4189 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:36 PM

You can now see the eye with this radar. Lots of rain squalls moving in on the keys too. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kbyx.shtml

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Kimster
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Dunedin, FL
      #4190 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:37 PM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html ... shows northern movement

Kimster
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Dunedin, FL
Re: YOU CAN SEE THE EYE
      #4191 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:38 PM

very nice

Gofins13

Reged:
Loc: Crystal River,Fl.
      #4192 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:44 PM

Give Me A break----Please!!!! Its easy to say things--when you wont identify your self!!

Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
      #4193 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:46 PM

Isidore continues to deepen now 991mb.

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged:
MARINE WARNING
      #4194 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:46 PM

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN KEY WEST HAS ISSUED A SPECIAL MARINE WARNING FOR...
FLORIDA BAY
GULF SIDE OF THE LOWER KEYS OUT 20 NM
GULF WATERS FROM EAST CAPE SABLE TO CHOKOLOSKEE 20 TO 60 NM

* UNTIL 1130 PM EDT

* AT 710 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED AN AREA OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS MOVING RAPIDLY AT 30 KNOTS OVER THE FLORIDA STRAITS WATERS APPROXIMATELY 20 NM SOUTH OF THE MIDDLE AND LOWER KEYS. THESE SHOWERS AND STORMS WILL CROSS OVER THE KEYS AND MOVE INTO THE FLORIDA BAY AND GULF WATERS NORTH OF THE KEYS...AS WELL AS THE GULF WATERS BEYOND 20 NM WEST OF MAINLAND MONROE.

--------------------
Another typical August:

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4195 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:53 PM

looks nice moving west on that radar getting stronger ihope this is not Andrew all over meaning winds your right weather pat this time of yrar north east gulf coast is a good bet if i had to bet i pray not anywhere sometimes the saying be carful what you wish for might come true

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Re: HF is right in the last thread
      #4196 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:53 PM

I just want to throw out one comment here. I'm not going to try and predict a landfall,however, I do want to know why people are not throwing out the possibility that NONE of these troughs pick Izzy up. Think about it; when all this started the first trough was forecasted to grab him. The next thing you know, that was thrown out and then the second trough was predicted to most certainly pick him up. Now, it is being said that the second will miss him and it will be a third one that will do the job. How far out and how many times will it be said that the next one will get him? How about the possibility that Mr. Izzy just doesn't want to do the "normal" thing. Maybe he doesn't care about all the climatology stuff. It's like sometimes these things have a mind of their own. That's how we end up with Andrews and Allisons. Once in a while you get one with a major attitude that is worse than mine(ha,ha,ha). They don't always follow what climatology says they should do. That being said, I don't have any freaking idea where he will end up, but I will still stick with my western gulf proble. I just don't know where in the western gulf.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Kevin...
      #4197 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:53 PM

You ought to know I wasn't talking to you. You back up everything with reason. Even though you're a youn'un, you've known me for probably 2 years. I don't recall ever being critical of anything you posted.

Just the same, I not referring to anyone who actually posts with an alias or tag. Hey, it's not my board anyway. But there is a certain expectation that if someone isn't asking a question but instead making a statement without any backup, I want to call them on it. Maybe it's just a high expectation, but after 3 seasons on CFHC, it's got a standard to live up to.

Hey, I'm more wrong than anyone, but I try to get my 2 cents out there with some reason. Look at Rick in Mobile for instance. He's hillarious. Obviously not every wave is going to turn into a Category 5 and hit Mobile, but at least he's got the kahoonies to give us a name and point of reference.

Anyway, I'm getting off my soapbox which is made out of cards to begin with. I'm looking forward to the 8pm to see what our fearless leaders have to say.

Steve

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged:
HERE HE COMES
      #4198 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:54 PM

...A LINE OF SHOWERS WITH STRONG GUSTY WINDS WILL MOVE NORTH OVER THE LOWER AND MIDDLE KEYS ISLAND LOCATIONS BETWEEN 8 AND 9 PM...

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR INDICATES THE LEADING EDGE OF THESE GUSTY WINDS...WILL COME NORTH INTO THE LOWER KEYS AROUND 8 PM...
AND QUICKLY PASS OVER ALL THE LOWER KEYS AND MUCH OF THE MIDDLE KEYS BEFORE 9 PM...INCLUDING KEY WEST...BIG PINE KEY...THE SEVEN MILE BRIDGE...AND MARATHON.

RESIDENTS AND VISITORS...PLAN FOR LOCAL WIND GUSTS OF 4OTO 50 MPH MAINLY FROM A SOUTHERLY DIRECTION...BRIEF SPOTS OF HEAVY RAIN...AND
POSSIBLY A FEW LIGHTNING STRIKES. MOST OF THE ACTIVITY WILL BE PAST THE AREA BY 9 PM. SECURE LOOSE ITEMS THAT MIGHT BLOW. DRIVERS...BE
ALERT FOR EFFECTS OF THESE CROSS WINDS...ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES.

--------------------
Another typical August:

Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey gofins13...
      #4199 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:57 PM

If that was to me, I signed off at the bottom. I'm not logged in right now. I always try to own up for my posts.

Steve

Nick
Unregistered

#4200 - Thu Sep 19 2002 11:58 PM

Go to another forum if you dont like , the so called wishcasters, or other peoples opinions, i like to read everyones opinions, and comments about these storms , so thank you and have a nice day

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4201 - Fri Sep 20 2002 12:00 AM

its ok with me izzy if you go see shawn

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 35710

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center