F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
2002 Hurricane Season starts in...
      #76 - Mon May 13 2002 11:45 PM

Here's a little tune you can sing to yourself when you're counting down the days until hurricane season:
18 tropical storms on the wall, 18 tropical storms on the wall, take one pass it around...
More to come tommorrow!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
Re: The New News System - Will this Be the Year?
      #77 - Tue May 14 2002 12:38 AM

Well still hot and very dry with slight chances of rain off and on, nothing to write home about. Although we will cool down a hole 5 degrees...wow! Nice webpage guys looks great, the best posting page on the web for sure. Still keeping to my 14 / 9 / 4 prediction.

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
My numbers.
      #78 - Tue May 14 2002 01:09 AM

My numbers are the same as yours, Joe (14/9/4). A 30% chance of rain here in central Fla. tommorrow. Yippee. I guess we should take anything we can get, though. Western Car. disturbance is nothing, just a little something for us to monger on. Extremely weak circulation if one is even present, and not much convection either. Over land, too.
Whew! It's hot out and the sun is shinin' bright!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#79 - Tue May 14 2002 01:21 PM

I have tried to put my user name and e-mail into our system but it continues to show me as anonymous...I also requested a temporary password...I think I was in the old system as EDoug7...and put DougS in yesterday...can you help me? Edoug7@hotmail.com

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #80 - Tue May 14 2002 01:38 PM

Clouds in extreme GOM this morning... First significant clouds in GOM in some time...

Boy what I'd give to get this blob of convection to rain in my yard in the next couple of days. Don't expect any tropical development as it looks to be experiencing some significant shear, but I sure hope it holds up and affects the northern gulf coast later in the week as the cold front should regress back towards the coast...

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
      #84 - Tue May 14 2002 03:37 PM

Hey Doug,

Try logging in before you post.

Steve (Anonymous at the moment)

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

HURRICANELONNY
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: HOLLYWOOD,FL.
Re:EPAC
      #92 - Tue May 14 2002 11:15 PM

I can't beleive the EPAC starts tomorrow. That means were just around the corner. I was at Home Depot last weekend for some things and decided to check on studs for shutters and how to drill them in. It's a pain in the butt but I think I'm going to drill them in. MY luck and everyone who lives near the coast could soon be running out. I want to be more prepared this year instead of just talking about what I SHOULD do. So make sure you got a list because here it comes!

Rad
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: St. Pete Fl. {27.8N 82.7W}
Re:EPAC
      #120 - Fri May 17 2002 03:54 AM

Yes sir better late then never !

--------------------
RIDE 2 LIVE 2 RIDE

JustMe
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Florida
      #549 - Sat Jun 01 2002 12:16 PM

HI everyone
I am really excited to have found this... I love hurricanes and watching them... I think I can learn alot about them here.
Hope eveyone loves to share what they know.. I have lots to learn JustMe

--------------------

I have survived Betsy Miss, Camille Miss., Andrew Fl, Charley Fl, Frances FL, Jeanne FL,

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 8889

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center