F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: rain
      #856 - Sun Jun 23 2002 05:59 PM

come here to tampa,,we get sun everyday,,rain??what rain? here in tampa we been getting scatterd amounts of rain,,but other areas get none. overall most of the rains have been scatterd over inland locations and s of here.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

#857 - Sun Jun 23 2002 08:17 PM

Hey BabyCat how are ya,I have been saying that myself lately,I think we have had 2 or 3 days of sun this whole month,I can definately remember 1 day last week that was ok just before that other wave moved in.

Greyman
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Miami,Fla.
      #858 - Sun Jun 23 2002 08:20 PM

OOps forgot to login on that last post.

BabyCat
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: New Orleans, La.
      #859 - Sun Jun 23 2002 08:33 PM

How am I? Thanks for asking! I am growing gills.
Everyone knows that I watch the weather so I keep getting asked if this is ever going to end. I just don't see the break we were promised on Friday. It keeps firing as far back west as Mexico.
It's a good thing that nothing will probably develop but I am a bit nervous about getting back into my neighborhood this afternoon after work.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#860 - Sun Jun 23 2002 09:57 PM

Hey BabyCat I am tempted to laugh at your comment about growing gills but there is nothing funny about the rain you are getting up in your area,there is a Flash Flood Warning in effect for NE Broward till 8:15 pm,reports of flooding getting into homes and buisnesses & from what I see on radar & have heard from the NWS,heavy rain should continue for a while longer,be alert when on the roads & stay safe.

Greyman
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Miami,Fla.
      #861 - Sun Jun 23 2002 10:01 PM

that was me again, I dont know why I am not logged in when I logged in!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#862 - Sun Jun 23 2002 10:05 PM

please send rain to the coast areas of W florida around tampa-st pete,,,,we need rain, how about a TS to stall out over here for 3-4 days.

BabyCat
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #863 - Sun Jun 23 2002 10:40 PM

Wish we could send rain. I almost floated my car getting home.
Lesson: Stay of Powerline Rd in heavy rain.

Rad
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: St. Pete Fl. {27.8N 82.7W}
      #864 - Sun Jun 23 2002 11:08 PM

Yes , we sure could use the rain around here. Looks as if some is coming in off the coast as I type this. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.ktbw.shtml

--------------------
RIDE 2 LIVE 2 RIDE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#865 - Mon Jun 24 2002 04:27 AM

We're getting storms moving in tonight. It rained off an on maybe .1-.25" around today. But there is a nice little train of thunderstorms moving up to the east bank of Jefferson Parish. I'm hearing thunder about every 2-3 minutes and the radar confirms it's on the way with a little more building in the coastal regions. I thought we might get into some of that dry slot tonight and tomorrow that was over portions of MS and AL today (though there was some rain mixed in), but like someone said earlier, it's kind of random where the storms will fire up. With all the feed into the east side of low pressure in the Northern hemsiphere, at least the conditions are there from some strong storms and needed rains.

Steve

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
If you get some time to kill...
      #866 - Mon Jun 24 2002 02:03 PM

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/

The Times Picayune is running a phenominal and extensive 5-day piece called Washing Away. Day one (yesterday) deals with the sinknig land and it's impacts. Day 2 (today) is about "The Big One". Apparently they have transferred all or most of the paper's graphics and photos plus added some video. It's a lot to absorb as it took me 35 mintues to sift through today's paper and read all the articles, but it's worth the time. Also for anyone in the N.O. viewing area who might read this today, Fox 8's Bob Breck is airing this year's installment of Weathering the Storm tonight at 9:30pm.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: If you get some time to kill...
      #867 - Mon Jun 24 2002 03:05 PM

"THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYING I GOT YO BIG ONE RIGHT HEA" REMEMBER THAT

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #868 - Mon Jun 24 2002 03:08 PM

Naturally.

Steve

--------------------

Anonymous
Unregistered

#869 - Mon Jun 24 2002 04:58 PM

All in fun Good Buddy All in fun

Lookin forward to the "BIG ONE" too

Anonymous
Unregistered

#870 - Mon Jun 24 2002 05:13 PM

Im wondering if the hurricane season has become shorter.

BabyCat
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #871 - Mon Jun 24 2002 05:34 PM

I'm from New Orleans. Been in Florida 2 years. I like Breck. Nash made me nervous. You knoew it was bad news when then they put him in front of the camera!
The link is great. Will give me something to look through this evening in my off time. Thanks for posting it.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #872 - Mon Jun 24 2002 06:25 PM

Hey Cat, it's a 5-part story which will continue to run through Thursday focusing on various topics related to the ground subsidence and how we are more vulnerable than ever. I read through the rest of Part 1 today which was pretty good.

Steve

--------------------

Anonymous (HF)
Unregistered

miscellaneous
      #873 - Mon Jun 24 2002 06:32 PM

typical early season wait-day. tropical wave crossing the yucatan, will probably give us some oooh-ahhhh convection over the BOC later. northeast of there a little mid level mesoscale swirl is right off naples headed nne. nothing at the surface but it does add character to the persistent cloud stream over florida and the southeast coastal waters. the upper low is parking over western louisiana near leesville and the low level moisture stream off the atlantic continues here. clouds again today, but very muggy. suddenly i find myself remembering what southern summers are usually like with the oppressive humidity and find myself wishing for the more arid drought heat.
HanKFranK aiken, sc 1828z24june

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Re: miscellaneous
      #874 - Mon Jun 24 2002 11:26 PM

Sure is alot of moisture out in the gulf.I guess somebody will get it sooner or later I just don't know who yet. It won't develop into anything tropical but could sure give somewhere along the gulf coast some badly needed rain.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: miscellaneous
      #875 - Tue Jun 25 2002 03:50 AM

Looks like the Panhandle and maybe the AL coast are in the bullseye if this stuff holds together which it has actually increased a bit over the last few hours. This looks like a 5-6" type of rain for whomever areas get socked in the jaw. I was thinking the ULL would bring a few more areas of flooding along the coast. We're probably up to 2.5" since Friday here. Just south of Mobile Bay has gotten about 6"+. New Iberia/Morgan City area (Iberia & St. Mary Parishes) in South LA got hit hardest yesterday. Areas in Broward Co. FL got it the worst today (saw some nice flood footage on TWC).

Steve

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 18711

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center