Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

#96L 's remnants now consolidating into a compact well-defined Low over the Bahamas. May head towards Bermuda eventually.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 38 (Michael) , Major: 38 (Michael) Florida - Any: 38 (Michael) Major: 38 (Michael)
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2000s >> 2003 News Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: cocoa beach
Re: ULL/future system
      #8445 - Sun Jul 27 2003 02:06 PM

out here on the beach we were w/o power for a few days,
pushed aboout a 6 inch layer of sand on to the cocoa beach pier parking lot. totally removed a traffic light on A1A in cocoa beach
and in cocoa i think every oak tree along the river road lost a few large limbs

but what i remember the most was how damn hot it was the next day. every ounce of moisture was sucked up into her as she reintensified in the gulf. he did get a cool feeder band the next day but that only made it hot AND steamy...:)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
k___g
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Orlando
Re: ULL/future system
      #8446 - Sun Jul 27 2003 02:10 PM

The system east of the Bahamas looks quite interesting.....seems to be developing a circulation.......time will tell what happens.......we don't need more rain here in central Florida.......

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Metairie, LA
99L Invest links...
      #8447 - Sun Jul 27 2003 02:12 PM

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/tc_home.html

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Robert
Storm Tracker

Loc: Southeast, FL
Troy That was me with the 50's
      #8448 - Sun Jul 27 2003 02:21 PM

Yeah Troy i said it and not lying Westpalm had 56 degree temps reportedly. And i no it was at least in the low 60's if not upper 50's when i was surfing on wensday i had a full body westsuit on and froze my ass off i had to get out after an hour it was to cold for me.

Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
Re: Troy That was me with the 50's
      #8449 - Sun Jul 27 2003 02:34 PM

Heres a great hurricane model tracking program, for free! Follow the directions on the page. Same as WREL site but now your in control. Plots all hurricane models and you can even type them in yourself. Heres the link...
http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/x/wxpgmr/StormTrakker6BetaTesting.htm

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

#8450 - Sun Jul 27 2003 02:44 PM

I've got the COC @ 26.08N 72.75W on the 17:45UTC frame. JB had a special update on and called it 'intriguing'. I detect he's leaning toward maybe a stall east of FL in a couple days?

Steve

--------------------

troy2
Storm Tracker

Loc: cocoa beach
      #8451 - Sun Jul 27 2003 02:49 PM

robert
wow! crazy, that is pretty cold, especially for you guys down in WPB, i have surfed reef rd in the winter with no suit, water was nice and warm b/c of the proximity to the gulf stream.

you guys gettin any of this small swell we're gettin up here?

Robert
Storm Tracker

#8452 - Sun Jul 27 2003 03:25 PM

not really i am in stuart just north PB were gettin Ocaisional waisty's. Been going up to Saby and 192 and its been oca chest and nice. The water up north is a bit warmer but still as cold as most january days i think. I belive its warmer down here with the sun that wendsay it was patch rain overcast and no sun i swear it was winter.

Mary K.
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
In the last few frames the spinner has stopped
      #8453 - Sun Jul 27 2003 06:15 PM

The last two frames of the loops on the NOAA page, looks like the spinning has stopped as it has begun to interact with that left over debris from TD#7. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

--------------------
weather is all you can count on, good or bad.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Re: In the last few frames the spinner has stopped
      #8454 - Sun Jul 27 2003 06:42 PM

I agree. There are plenty of ingredients there - the surface trof, remnants from TD 6/7 and a wave riding up the back side of the ULL which almost has some curvature in its own right. The pattern is way too complex, but let's see if everything comes together to produce a FL-NC storm toward the end of the week.

Steve

--------------------

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
      #8455 - Sun Jul 27 2003 07:34 PM

very chaotic cloud motions around 99L and the remnants of TD 7. whatever was supporting the convective burst with 99L is in transition.. don't know exactly what is driving the train anymore down there. i'd say development is halted and in check right now, the healthy look it had earlier is gone. perhaps it will return, perhaps not. TD 7 remnants were supposed to be in north carolina today, but this morning they turned around in NE ga and now are.. well, here. the mid level center is/was intact and has drifted to right around aiken county sc. NE upper winds around the ULL in the bahamas and a seabreeze have distorted it on satelite, so maybe the mid level center is gone now.. but it was drifting SE, back towards the coast. may be gone now, but it has made me entertain some strange ideas.
danny low is still out there. i'll keep mentioning it until it goes away.
itcz depressed west but elevated in latitude at its eastern leg on the atlantic.. and lots of convection with the monsoon trough. nothing imminent.. a wave will need to focus some convection to get the ball rolling.
steve, you found that link to the right up on the 'land cane'? be interested in reading it.
basin will probably be active this week.
HF 2336z27july

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

#8456 - Sun Jul 27 2003 08:20 PM

HF, I tried everything. It was a NOAA Research Division paper written by David Roth. I found links to some of his work, but Google didn't even recognize "land cane" at all. I was going to e-mail Bastardi at his private address, but I'm only going to be in my office on Tuesday (out of the next 8 or 9 days). If I can get something out from this e-mail address and Bastardi responds before I get back in town, I'll post it right off.

Steve

--------------------

Storm Cooper
User

Loc: Panama City , FL
      #8457 - Sun Jul 27 2003 08:51 PM

Just FYI, I tried all my resources and can't locate what you are looking for. I'll try at work in the morning and see what happens

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

Mary K.
Weather Guru

I think the spin went South
      #8458 - Sun Jul 27 2003 09:19 PM

I was looking at the latest available loops on IR and it looks as though the spin drifted South towards Miami, and it also looks like the convection near Puerto Rico is getting a little more of a wave look to it. I am thinking that everything in the region is re-grouping and something really destablized our Central Florida air this afternoon! I would bet we had 5 inches in about 2 hours. It really poured and the thunderstorm stayed parked on top of us for about an hour or more.

--------------------
weather is all you can count on, good or bad.

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
      #8459 - Sun Jul 27 2003 09:31 PM

The temperature of the water near Palm Beach today ranged from 84-86. Not even in the winter does it rarely ever drop below 68-70, so it certainly isn't in the 50's in July. You can check the Lake Worth pier at this site:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.phtml?station=LKWF1

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Robert
Storm Tracker

#8460 - Sun Jul 27 2003 09:31 PM

The nice tight vorticy is gone but the broad one is still there. Wave from the south, some circulation from 6/7 dropping to south and the low circulation over georgia looks to be headed towards the coast. I Cant wait to see what happens next. Im putting my wishcast on NC CAT 4 Baby. That would be great but it is still to early to tell what is going to happen to this future car wreck.

Weather Master

Loc: W. Central Florida
Re: I think the spin went South
      #8461 - Sun Jul 27 2003 09:40 PM

Geesh, away from the computer for a few hours and I come back home to an invest! There was quite a burst of convection this morning, guess it continued to hold together during the day. I take it from some of the post that I just read, that she is loosing some of her convection that she had earlier today. I see the flair up Mary around PR that you are refering to,that has been around for a while also.
I mentioned in my AM post about the SAL and what type of affect it might have on the CV this season. Here is a link for your dining pleasure! Will have to try and get caught up on todays happenings. So any ideas on what is going on with this thing??

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/wavetrak/sal-atl.html

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

Edited by 57497479 (Sun Jul 27 2003 09:48 PM)

Robert
Storm Tracker

it certainly isn't in the 50's in July
      #8462 - Sun Jul 27 2003 09:59 PM

yes it was i froze. sun Sentinel Also Keep in mind the cold water is right along the beach The lake worth pier takes observation far enough out to get warmer readings and i checked the pier and it does not have a reading below 78. When i was surfing i could paddle in and out of the thermocline wich was about a 50 feet beyond the breaking waves.

Edited by Robert (Sun Jul 27 2003 10:08 PM)

Joe
Storm Tracker

Re: it certainly isn't in the 50's in July
      #8463 - Sun Jul 27 2003 10:12 PM

Well upper low continues to spin between Cuba and Bahamas. Nothing well organized in the area at the time. Convection looks to be firing along and near the surface trough. Nothing developing quick here, but will continue to watch.

The area near 70w and south of 20n in northeastern Caribbean is a tropical wave although shear is quite strong, thanks to the upper low to the west, no development here.

Joe
Storm Tracker

Re: it certainly isn't in the 50's in July
      #8464 - Sun Jul 27 2003 10:23 PM

Robert is correct water temperatures were in the 60s! This was thanks to winds from the SW to NE over the east coast for extended time in June and early parts of July. Currently thanks to E and SE winds water temperatures are warming up. Although areas from about the Cape north are in the 70s, including a 69 at daytona beach which had temps at near 60 in late June and July. This upwelling was one of the strongest I've seen. But water temps will slowly rise.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 19569

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center