F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
danielwAdministrator

Reged: Wed
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: 91L [Re: danielw]
      #17519 - Tue Aug 03 2004 06:13 AM

First VIS pic of the day.

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastnhe.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Re: 91L [Re: jlauderdal]
      #17520 - Tue Aug 03 2004 06:24 AM

Caribbean seems logical to me, but who knows (every now and then the models perform well) - posted some thoughts in the Storm Forum last night.
Cheers,
ED

danielwAdministrator

Re: 91L [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #17521 - Tue Aug 03 2004 06:32 AM

If I seem to be paying more attention to 91L please forgive the extra posts. Alex is out of my area of concern and you all are certainly doing a great job with the info on Alex. I am more concerned with91L-bonnie, as it may pose a threat to the GMX next week.
Thanks.
And heres a 09z WV shot from EUMETSAT.
"copyright 2004 EUMETSAT"

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/~idds/images/out/20040803_090000_07_E4_1.jpg

Main EUMETSAT page is below.

http://www.eumetsat.de/

jlauderdal
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Tue
Loc: Fort Lauderdale, FLorida
Re: 91L [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #17522 - Tue Aug 03 2004 06:34 AM

Quote:

Caribbean seems logical to me, but who knows (every now and then the models perform well) - posted some thoughts in the Storm Forum last night.
Cheers,
ED

Both paths seem logical considering it may or not be influenced by the deep layer trough...its interesting to see such a big difference of opinion this close to its actual arrival.

danielwAdministrator

Re: Opening and Closing of Doors [Re: jlauderdal]
      #17523 - Tue Aug 03 2004 06:53 AM

Current WV loop shows that two doors are in motion. The front door seems to be swinging across the Appalachian area and is beginning to nudge Alex eastward.
The back door is opening up the Caribbean, and letting the warm, moist flow in. A drier area exists from the Isthmus of Panama to Puerto Rico, then west to Gitmo, Cuba the SW to the Honduran/ Nicaraguan border.

LoisCane
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: South Florida
Opening and Closing of Multiple Doors [Re: danielw]
      #17525 - Tue Aug 03 2004 07:52 AM

Thanks Daniel for that wonderful picture show this morning. Definitely worth checking the site for that alone. Saved that nice Euromet one...worthy of having down the road.. nice pic of a system on its way somewhere... bon voyage shot.

Multiple doors out there... don't think anything is set as far as a track.

Shear out ahead looks a bit stronger than it has.. which will keep it a drop in check but also provide a sort of ventilating and will keep its size fed. High looks weaker than it is... water vapors can be deceptive and once Alex gets out of here ... will see what really happens in the environment to her NW. See how wide that door is really open or will the high travel a bit with it? Orientation of door opening and the high does not lead me to believe it will be an easy shot to slide off to sea and be a fish.

Agree Daniel..the real point of contention for most of us is the wave that will be Bonnie.

Alex is putting on quite a show and as he strengthens and how fast he goes will say a lot also about what he will leave in his wake for Bonnie to decide where to go.

Also of note.. is working out of NHC on wave closer to Africa "part of wave" and watch that dance between moisture?? to its SW and how its trying to stay to the north. Lot of connections out there.

As for the wave that should be Bonnie real soon.. she's looking really good on sats this morning. Better than Alex was when he was a TD.. and a storm.. has color. Even has color on NRL. Would venture to say that after they examine all the various data they will agree she definitely has winds over 25 mph in there..

But where? Where is the point?
Where is her true center?
Is it at 14.5 13.7?
Play all you want with ghcc site but once we get planes in there we will know for sure. And a difference of 13.5 and 14.5 can make a whole big difference in track.

Lot to think today for people... storm could affect many different areas, islands, land masses, ship routes.. or it could curve out to sea.

Place your bets .. someone will win, someone will lose.. but we will all be watching.

Bobbi

--------------------
http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 24619

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center