F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 232 (Idalia) , Major: 232 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 232 (Idalia) Major: 232 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)
ErinAndOpal95
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Thu
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Re: Not Gone, but coming back? [Re: Rabbit]
      #17818 - Thu Aug 05 2004 11:26 AM

Check out this visible of TD#2. Nice and round with deep cloud convection. It will likely be ripped apart by the front, i guess. or not?

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/04_ATL_91L.INVEST_ssmi_vis1km_full.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rabbit
Weather Master

Reged: Sat
Loc: Central Florida
Re: Not Gone, but coming back? [Re: ErinAndOpal95]
      #17819 - Thu Aug 05 2004 11:31 AM

16N South of Dominican Republic
could that be the beginnings of an LLC??

also, 92L on TWO:

A SMALL LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS LOCATED ABOUT 1300 MILES EAST OF THE
NORTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS. ALTHOUGH THE SYSTEM SHOWS SIGNS OF
ORGANIZATION...SHOWER ACTIVITY REMAINS LIMITED AT THIS TIME. THIS
SYSTEM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME A TROPICAL DEPRESSION DURING THE
NEXT DAY OR TWO AS IT MOVES WESTWARD AT ABOUT 15 MPH.

ErinAndOpal95
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Thu
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Re: Not Gone, but coming back? [Re: Rabbit]
      #17820 - Thu Aug 05 2004 11:42 AM

"16N South of Dominican Republic
could that be the beginnings of an LLC?? "

There does appear to be some spin just off the NW edge of the mass of clouds for TD#2 at 16N.

LI Phil
User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
91L &92L [Re: Rabbit]
      #17821 - Thu Aug 05 2004 11:43 AM Attachment (201 downloads)

XTD2 (91L) still up on the NRL site, so they must feel there is something worth watching. Somewhat tongue in cheek, I took HF's challenge (see storm forum) for TD2, and offered a couple of options, the last of which I took, which was that TD2 would miss the trof and slide into the Gulf as a CAT V heading for rickonboat. Well, I really don't think that's going to happen (and I sure pray it doesn't), but that scenario could actually play out (getting into the GOM). Obviously it's still way to early to speculate on future Gulf activity, but, like Steve, I'm concerned about something getting going east of NO, anywhere from LA/MS border to the big bend.

92L seems to also have come back from the "dead". This is probably going to be TD3, maybe sometime within the next 24 hours. Haven't really done any research on it yet, so I'm just throwing the possibility out there (as others already have).

Today is a real watch and wait day. Stay tuned.

As for Alex, yes James, I did see the BAMs taking him back into the east Atl. Somehow, I do not believe that is climatologically possible, given that it would be an extratropical low and being carried with the steering currents, but that'd be something, huh? (click on the attachment at top of this post for the models)

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Edited by LI Phil (Thu Aug 05 2004 11:45 AM)

summercyclone
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Wed
Loc: Florida Big Bend
Re: 91L &92L [Re: LI Phil]
      #17822 - Thu Aug 05 2004 12:00 PM

No circulation on 91L unless it is under the deep convection (where it should be); does seem to be going more wnw to NW, it may clip Haiti on current course. Strong possibility of regeneration, depending to some degree on future course.

92L---it looks like a depression already, although small and lacking convection. If the environment will leave it alone, it will be upgraded to depression status at the earliest by 5pm, and latest tomorrow morning.

Alex being a major should amplify the ridge, 92L will likely go more west than previously predicted; 91L also.

Alex turn southward?...it has happened before!! Especially if the ridge amplifies (it is on top of the ridge, remember!)

sc

Watch the Gulf this weekend too..

ps---El Nino is on the way back...see these links:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/pac_anom.gif

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/index.html

What will this do to this season?...hmm...possible truncate it...but, El Nino years where it develops late or partially, sometimes produce strong bursts of activity in Aug and September, but after that it trails off quickly. So---we have 1.5 good months for sure it seems.....

Could be quiet in October and Nov due to this.....may also account for the 'struggling nature' of storms we have seen so far---however, they can overcome the struggle ala Alex--especially at higher latitudes. New England and Maritimes--watch out!

Cocoa Beach
Unregistered

Possible Rotation [Re: MikeC]
      #17823 - Thu Aug 05 2004 12:34 PM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-vis-loop.html

Possible Circulation???

How bout that ALEX !!!! WOW what a sleeper. We weren't sure if it was going to be a Hurricane, now look at it.
Steeming off at 35mph still touting winds sustained at just about 120mph.
"MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 120 MPH...195 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS."

Just incredible...

Steve hirsch.
Unregistered

Re: Possible Rotation [Re: Cocoa Beach]
      #17824 - Thu Aug 05 2004 12:53 PM

Too hard to tell under that cloud of divergence. If you look at the Dvorak loop, appears shear is shooting a firehose at the wave from the west. Allso NE'erly shear at 45 degrees to the west shear across Cuba. If this disturbance wants to re-generate, it needs to gain some latitude (Jamaica). Shear is SUPPOSED to decrease during the next day or so. 12Z GFDL sparks it up again and moves it further west, but still hooks it out to sea (bad solution). We wait and watch. Cheers.

bobbi
Unregistered

Surprises in the basin [Re: Steve hirsch.]
      #17825 - Thu Aug 05 2004 01:16 PM

HI.

Well, well..how many of us were caught off guard by recent developments? Did anyone here ever imagine seeing Alex explode and strengthen into such a beautiful intense mesmerizing storm? Blew me away. Blows me away?

Shows you how you can never be sure of anything, especially in the tropics.

Saw him yesterday when that stadium effect was starting and thought to myself quietly.. very quietly (in awe) he's going to hit Cat 3. A major. First storm of the year... heads over land and becomes a major moving towards a low hit on Europe. Stunning.

As for TD2..Bonnie girl wanna be... giving her enough rope to play a bit and see where she will go. How things play out. For once not predicting or wishing or figuring or anything, just let the girl play.. see what she can or can't do. That is the song right? Girls just want to have funnnn...Well, seems the wave that was formerly known as the B storm that might become the B storm is playing around, doing her thing and all we can do is watch and wait to see if she has a date with a real name.

Great posts.. took a break a bit and catching up and smiling.

Who knew? Major Cane indeed.

ps... what did Rabbi predict from Alex? Don't want to go back into all those posts but curious.

Bobbi
ps...agree quietly on el nino tho think he will wait to hit his peak around Christmas Time, decorate the whole Ocean in his favorite color as El Nino should officially do. Maybe no big November storms but what an August surprise.. better than July.

Rabbit
Weather Master

Re: Surprises in the basin [Re: bobbi]
      #17826 - Thu Aug 05 2004 01:31 PM

"Rabbit" not "Rabbi"

I forcasted Alex would reach hurricane, but not much farther. There was speculation from several people (including myself) as to whether or not it would reach major hurricane.

as for the former depression, I still dont think it will regenerate before reaching the western Caribbean

javlin
Weather Master

Loc: Biloxi,MS
Re: Surprises in the basin [Re: Rabbit]
      #17827 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:23 PM

I do not no the site for the T# but was over at S2K it was brought up that both 91L and 92L are at 1.5/1.5.Can anyone year verifiy that.

James88
Weather Master

Reged: Tue
Loc: Gloucestershire, England, UK
T-numbers up [Re: Rabbit]
      #17829 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:24 PM

The T-numbers for 92L and XTD #2 are up to 1.5/1.5. Perhaps this shows a little potential for development.

javlin
Weather Master

Re: T-numbers up [Re: James88]
      #17830 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:28 PM

James what is the site?

andy1tom
Storm Tracker

Loc: Callaway, Florida
Re: Surprises in the basin [Re: javlin]
      #17831 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:37 PM

they are listed here. don't know how up to date though, always have a hard converting times
also noticed that we have 47 users.. things are heatin up

#'s

Edited by andy1tom (Thu Aug 05 2004 02:41 PM)

Rabbit
Weather Master

its over in the caribbean [Re: javlin]
      #17832 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:42 PM

91L is showing outflow boundaries
in respect to tropical systems, this means the air is flowing outward, not inward, indicating that there will be no development. I expect the convection to die down again tonight, and flare back up tomorrow with the afternoon heating and upper air divergence.
91L

as for 92L, which has a well-defined rotation and LLC, it may be upgraded at 5pm.

92L

Alex

javlin
Weather Master

Re: Surprises in the basin [Re: andy1tom]
      #17833 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:46 PM

Thanks Andy appreciate it.

andy1tom
Storm Tracker

Loc: Callaway, Florida
Re: Surprises in the basin [Re: javlin]
      #17834 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:53 PM

Javlin here is another good site to see what is going on in the carb.. it loads slow but is worth the wait. current weather

bobbi
Unregistered

giggling, rofl.. sorry rabbiT [Re: Rabbit]
      #17835 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:54 PM

i seem to have a really BIG problem lately with the T thing

first was outter and now its dropping them

where is my mind, giggling

sorry

great comment on outflow and inflow boundaries, never heard that put so well btw.. will always remember it

rabbit
rabbit
really i knew that

fingers were tired.. at work..

bobbi
Unregistered

ps..question regarding outflow boundaries and inflow [Re: bobbi]
      #17836 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:57 PM

Can someone explain the difference between when wxr ppl say "good inflow" and or "good outflow" and outflow boundaries that aren't good, please

thanks

Rabbit
Weather Master

Re: ps..question regarding outflow boundaries and inflow [Re: bobbi]
      #17837 - Thu Aug 05 2004 02:59 PM

good inflow=low level convergence and circulation
good outflow=upper level divergence
outflow boundary=cool dry air racing away from collapsing thunderstorms

javlin
Weather Master

Re: Surprises in the basin [Re: andy1tom]
      #17838 - Thu Aug 05 2004 03:05 PM

Yea i had that one Andy decided to go look at it.Aruba is the only location with any pressure falls down to 1008.The system is really quite remove Aruba don't know why that may be.I went and looked at WV loop of the Atl. then I saw why that maybe.

Edited by javlin (Thu Aug 05 2004 03:15 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 44256

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center