F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
cyclone_head
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: ShaggyDude]
      #19599 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:28 AM

Welcome aboard ShaggyDude....

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: Rasvar]
      #19601 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:29 AM

I think it may resume a nnw motion for a bit once it gets over Cuba.

Thinking the same thing. Moving at like 11:30, 20 till 12 on your watch dial, and nothing to really turn him to the right at the moment. He just doing what canes do, going polar because he can, because he's on the edge of what kept him going west. See him going NNW/N for awhile.

cyclone_head
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: BillD]
      #19602 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:32 AM

If what you say is true...and the NHC is "worried about it"...then why wouldn't they update there discussion. We are running out of time...and need notification of changes ASAP.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: cyclone_head]
      #19603 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:32 AM

Hello

i work at Kennedy Space Center. I will try and get the latest updates tht may not be public yet and post em here as the day goes by tomorrow. As of tonight we are still at Hurcon 3. By tomorrow we may be at Hurcon 2 which means all non essential personel go home. But, until then, I will do what I can to keep some updates flowing. We have excellent radar/satellite on the cable tv out here

Troy
cocoa beach

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Thanks Troy [Re: Anonymous]
      #19604 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:34 AM

Somehow, the folks on this board seem to be able to get updates et. al. before they are made public. Anything you can do to help on that end will be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: Anonymous]
      #19605 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:38 AM

ANy input would be appreciated Troy. Some of the models are clustered further east again.....storm2k has a plot of what I believe is the 0z. This is a nail biter. But really the cloud tops have warmed but pressures dropped at last reading. After he gets past Cuba lets see if he bombs.

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: Anonymous]
      #19606 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:39 AM

You guys play it cool tomorrow. I've usually got more to say than almost anyone but I don't have a clue what's going to happen. My best guess that whoever wants the action gets some (and whether you want it or not, you're probably going to get it anyway). Obviously most people have all their rations setup, hurricane kits, party provisions and what not. Make sure your pets are accounted for if you have to evacuate. I can't imagine a 13' storm surge in Tampa, so I really hope the storm goes in south of you guys (with no offense to anyone). To me, the doomsday track is a parallel to the coast where all of the peninsula sees at least gale force and all of the west coast gets hurricane conditions from inside of the right front quadrant (and a push of water that would rival the greatest pushes of water).

Looking forward to the visuals, writeups and photos during the action. I have to admit that I'm a tad bit jealous that I can't get in on some of it myself, but I'll live to fight again another day. Stay safe and hit it hard.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

John C
Unregistered

Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: cyclone_head]
      #19607 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:40 AM

Remember Floyd! We all evacuated the entire east coast and it turned un-expectably at the last minute. I am not saying this is going to happen with Charley, but it has in the past many times. Oh the wonders of these storms

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
      #19608 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:40 AM

I will bow my head and concede that for the last 40 minutes he has moved due north. I agree that a three-hour loop is a better way to go.

WeatherNLU
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc: New Orleans, LA
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: joepub1]
      #19609 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:41 AM

Charley seemed to make a move more W (like NW) and now surely back to the N (due N). It's been mentioned, but this may be Charley starting to interact with Cuba. I still think well north of the Sarasota area, and that Tampa is in deep trouble. Then again, I've been giving the storm more play towards making further west than the NHC is, so we shall see. I do like the NHC's latest track (5PM) it's very close to what I am thinking.

--------------------
I survived Hurricane Katrina, but nothing I owned did!

Edited by WeatherNLU (Fri Aug 13 2004 01:43 AM)

ShaggyDude
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Cocoa Beach, Florida
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: joepub1]
      #19610 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:43 AM

As will I concede, that on the Key West Radar, it has been wobbling NW for a decent number of images, but I'll let you all decide.
Such is the nature of hurricanes.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kbyx.shtml

Edited by ShaggyDude (Fri Aug 13 2004 01:47 AM)

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: Steve]
      #19611 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:43 AM

Steve,

You've been through a CAT III. and more power to you. But I think that is the LAST thing a lot of these folks under the (current) bullseye are looking for. Perhaps, you might advise those who are going to go thru it in the next 24-36 hours what to expect, if they stay, and how best to cope...

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Jeanine
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Hollywood, FL
Just for your info [Re: joepub1]
      #19612 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:45 AM

Hi everyone, haven't posted since last year! Just lurking. Anyway just thought you might enjoy for tommorow or later tonight the web cam looking down Duval Street outside of Sloppy Joe's in Key West . Its lighted and you can see at night but better in the day. Also if you scroll down the page there are other web cams for the island. Everyone be safe!
www.liveduvalstreet.com
Jeanine AKA Peanuts
Hollywood, FL

Edited by Jeanine (Fri Aug 13 2004 01:54 AM)

BillD
User

Reged:
Loc: Miami
      #19613 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:47 AM

I guess I shoud stop posting anything. Everything I am saying is being misunderstood. I was referring to a previous post about the "quandry" the NHC is in about the actual track vs. the models, and their decision to stick more to their previous forecast than the models. To me they seemed concerned ("worried") that this was happening, but stuck with their forecast rather than adjust it based on the models.

Bill

WeatherNLU
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc: New Orleans, LA
Re: Just for your info [Re: Jeanine]
      #19614 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:48 AM

Without a doubt trending more north right now. I have Charley at 8:15PM CDT at 22.0N and 82.4W.

--------------------
I survived Hurricane Katrina, but nothing I owned did!

nickd

Reged:
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: LI Phil]
      #19615 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:50 AM

I live 2 miles south of Clearwater Beach. Leaving beach tomorrow morning...6am. what can I expect. someone who has experience in a major hurricane near the coast please tell us what to expect.

danielwAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
      #19619 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:53 AM

Just logged in and reading. I take it Charley is doing the mambo number 3.
For those that might need a list on Hurricane Preparations and supplies I put a few on the Disaster Board last night.
If you live in a evacuation area please Don't Stay and tell your neighbors to leave also.
Remember Camille.

Rasvar
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
      #19620 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:57 AM

The quandry that was talked about was not further east but actually further west. That is why it is not critical time wise. If it was an eastern quandry, it would have been. The models were trending further west at 6:00 PM

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: nickd]
      #19621 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:57 AM

The weather office out at KSC is in the building I work in. Mayeb I can get somd personal insight if I can get into vist that office in the morning.

be safe everyone

ILoveJoe
Unregistered

Re: Category II Charley takes aim at the Gulf Coast of Florida [Re: LI Phil]
      #19623 - Fri Aug 13 2004 01:58 AM

Will it also hit NewJersey or will we just get bad weather???

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 131457

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center