F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)
HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Mobile,AL
Re: Pressure falls [Re: LI Phil]
      #21608 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:02 PM

Is it just me or does it look like its moving more WNW ?

I agree .I hope that Stacey Stewart does the 5pm

--------------------
Over 4,000 members and now on a new server

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bloodstar
Unregistered

Stairstepping and outflow [Re: MikeC]
      #21609 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:03 PM

Hey everyone, not willing to even try to project where this sucker is going to go. But it does look like the stairstepping has begun again. Also, earlier today the storm looked slightly 'scrunched' on the right and to the south. Now it seems outflow has resumed and the storms seems to be regaining a more symmetrical look. The dry air that had crept into the circulation also seems to be fairly well absorbed at this time, so I would presume the storm has reached it's weakest point for a while.

Question: Were the forecasters expecting an increase in the forward speed?

Thanks
Mark
(I really should register at some point, that way I can get nifty icon thingies next to me)
if you do and the reference for your handle is diablo, try to avoid the creatures that usually cast it. -HF

Edited by HanKFranK (Mon Aug 30 2004 09:55 PM)

ShaggyDude
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Cocoa Beach, Florida
Re: Pressure falls [Re: HCW]
      #21610 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:04 PM

Well, time will tell, but for now, unfortunatly, i believe it's a wobble, as it has trended back west again.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

skippy
Unregistered

Re: NHC Track [Re: Colleen A.]
      #21611 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:06 PM

II have been lurking on the board for a few years now and want to say I really appreciate all the talent that is brought here. It is the only place I feel that I get accurate info. TWC just doesn't "send the message" as far as I am concerned.
The question i have now, is where should people go if they want to start evacuating just "in case". I live in Stuart and don't think that there is anyplace in Florida that looks good. Any thoughts?

joepub1
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville,Fla
Re: Pressure falls [Re: LI Phil]
      #21612 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:08 PM

We need to start a Stewart fan club. He does the best job with the discussion of all of them. Gives reasons why he thinks things are going the way they are. I like that.

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: Hermine Raises TS Warnings for Cape Cod, Frances Track Questions [Re: MikeC]
      #21613 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:09 PM

The last bit I'll mention about this storm...

The FSU Superensemble tracks are beginning to be very consistent from run to run. According to the head guy, when that happens...watch out.

It's converging on the Miami area.

Just something to watch.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: NHC Track [Re: skippy]
      #21614 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:11 PM

I don't want to start a mass evac. but it's to early to tell, we don't know what direction and angle the storm is going to be coming in on, so for now you'll just have to wait until we can get a better grip on the forecast.

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

FlaRebel
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Tallahassee, FL
      #21615 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:12 PM

The NHC has been trending their track between the GFS and UKMET on Frances. I find it interesting that both of those on the last run are in agreement as to the future track. There is no in between ground now for the NHC. Both tracks have it in South FL thru Tampa and into the Panhandle. Worst case scenario for the the state if that happens. If that track comes to fruition, there will be no safe place to go in FL. Not wishcasting here either. I don't want this sucker anywhere near me. I plan on playing golf on Monday and watching the Noles beat the Canes Monday night, so Frances kindly move on down the line!

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc:
      #21616 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

II have been lurking on the board for a few years now and want to say I really appreciate all the talent that is brought here. It is the only place I feel that I get accurate info. TWC just doesn't "send the message" as far as I am concerned.
I'd go North into Western Georgia or Alabama. Not along the coastline
The question i have now, is where should people go if they want to start evacuating just "in case". I live in Stuart and don't think that there is anyplace in Florida that looks good. Any thoughts?

ShaggyDude
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #21617 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:12 PM

As far as evacuations, it depends on where it hits, angles, etc. Usually, a safe bet is north and west, panhandle area, for short term. But, every situation warrents a different evacuation pattern.

Rabbit
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Central Florida
Gaston and Hermine [Re: ShaggyDude]
      #21618 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:13 PM

Hermine looks like it could be on the coast of Rhode Island or Massachussetts by 8pm tonight
Also, Gaston could be back over water by 11pm, and if that happens, it will likely go directly to TS because the NRL site has the intensity at 45 mph and 998 mb on the satellite page

wind and satellite data

I am still thinking that Frances will turn east very close to the Florida east coast as a Cat III

wxman007
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc: Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Pressure falls [Re: joepub1]
      #21619 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:13 PM

I met Mr Stewart when the P-3 came to Panama City earleri this year.. Couldn't have been a nicer more conjenial man. If there is a Stacy Stewart fan club, sign me up as President...I think he is one of the 3 best hurricane forecasters alive today, and may very well be the best one. He never fails to impress me.

--------------------
Jason Kelley

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
      #21620 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:15 PM

Hmm..good question. Do you go south? North? My husband said that if that sucker comes near us, we're heading straight to my Mom's in north Georgia. I'm really pulling for South Dakota, myself.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Gaston and Hermine [Re: Rabbit]
      #21621 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:17 PM

So your saying LI will be hit with a tropical storm, with 45 mph winds it's eye will also come back into shape if it present on land.

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #21622 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:19 PM

This site should sell I love Stacy Stewart Tshirts and use the money from them for the server cost

I started the Stewart talk, so I'm to blame for the responses, but let's stay on topic...Thanks!

--------------------

Edited by LI Phil (Mon Aug 30 2004 08:21 PM)

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: parrish,fl
Re: Pressure falls [Re: ShaggyDude]
      #21623 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:24 PM

not a wobble...it has definitely moved to a 280 or so course...still mostly west for official purposes. The ULL influences are seen extending over Hispanola.

--------------------
doug

Rabbit
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Central Florida
Re: Gaston and Hermine [Re: Keith234]
      #21624 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:24 PM

Gaston

Virginia seems to be under a Tropical Storm Warning

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: NHC Track [Re: ShaggyDude]
      #21625 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:24 PM

Jeb Bush must be having nightmares. This is not meant as a joke or to be flippant, but it's what I heard on the radio about a week ago.

The local Lakeland radio newscaster was reporting that FEMA had arranged for 8,000 mobile homes to come to Florida. The newscaster ended the segment with this comment:

"This will be a relief for those left without homes or those needing temporary housing. Unless we have another hurricane."

I thought the same exact thing.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

ShaggyDude
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #21626 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:28 PM

Yeah, that is horrible irony. People all around Florida just now starting to get back to normal have to batten down the hatches for a second major hurricane. It look well organized on satellite and poses a dangerous threat to everyone in Florida, and I don't even think that's exageration anymore.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

Edited by ShaggyDude (Mon Aug 30 2004 08:29 PM)

HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: NHC Track [Re: ShaggyDude]
      #21627 - Mon Aug 30 2004 08:30 PM

5pm is out

Hurricane center located near 19.5n 60.0w at 30/2100z
position accurate within 15 nm

present movement toward the west or 275 degrees at 12 kt

estimated minimum central pressure 948 mb

And Still west

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 150 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 49800

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center