F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
BabyCat
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: New Orleans, La.
Re: Track didn't change that much [Re: wxman007]
      #24157 - Sat Sep 04 2004 11:09 PM

Jim WIlliams at Hurricane City just lost power

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Mon
Re: Track didn't change that much [Re: Unregistered User]
      #24158 - Sat Sep 04 2004 11:11 PM

yeah its simple... she starts moving nw.... ridge is breaking down... next 24 hours critical for GOM interests....

NHC seems to have a lot of confidence in their forecast with her right now... but they always want to surprise ya......

I'll just wait and see where she exits the west coast.. ... hey they are probably right on but still... I think it already tracking below their projected path.... maybe she make up the minor difference in the coming hours....

cudos to Jason as he said many days ago that he thought she'd get into the GOM.... looks like that might happen

gailmm
Unregistered

Re: Recon Correction... [Re: h2ocean]
      #24159 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:08 AM

H2ocean-must have driven by your subdivision many times on my way to Merritt Island shopping. Love the tropical trail. Hope I can recognize it when I get back.

What should I expect from this-major structural damage or something less? It's a CBS house with hip roof.

Stay safe!!!!

fromgainesville
Unregistered

to John [Re: gailmm]
      #24160 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:19 AM

I sent you an email regarding a possible temporary solution to the problems you are having with the UBB forum. Please check your hotmail.

fromgainesville
Unregistered

Re: to John [Re: fromgainesville]
      #24161 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:20 AM

whoops.. not hotmail... meant to say email. sorry (long, stressful day.)

MIAMIBEACH
Unregistered

bad weather [Re: gailmm]
      #24162 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:21 AM

THINGS ARE REALLY BAD IN MIAMI BEACH....REAL GUSTY STRONG WINDS AND HEAVY HEAVY RAINS....I CAN'T IMAGINE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOURSELVES UP IN WPB AND POINTS NORTHWARD

h2ocean
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Fri
Loc: South Merritt Island, FL
Re: Recon Correction... [Re: gailmm]
      #24163 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:23 AM

gailmm...so far with a CBS hip roof you should be ok that is what I have. The wind keeps getting stronger. We lost power but it came back on. It is amazing to watch the flashes from the transformers going. I can see the flashes from beachside and also on the mainland. It is getting really nasty. I hope to get a few hours of sleep tonight!d

--------------------
Merritt Island, FL Home Weather Station

LadyStorm
Weather Guru

Loc: United States
Windy [Re: MikeC]
      #24164 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:28 AM

Very windy here in Ormond Beach, not much rain yet, I see a feeder band on the radar soon to hit here soon. Gusts to far to 50 mph. The worst is on its way.

MaryAnn

--------------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them"

..........Albert Einstein

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
Master of Maps

Reged: Sun
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: Frances Approaching Florida [Re: MikeC]
      #24165 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:40 AM

Maps up for Frances (probably last ones for this storm)

Includes: 1)Track with true scale of storm 2)Street level with wind field 3)Tornado in Polk County

http://www.skeetobite.com

Side note:
Since starting these maps nearly 4 days ago, Skeetobite.com has had 39,474 unique visitors with referrals by over 154 websites.

Notable who's who visiting several times per day:
NOAA
NASA
Disney
MacDill AFB
Norfolk Naval Base
HQ-USMC
US Army
USPS
State of Florida

Most of these were linked from FLHurricane.com. Let's help FLHurricane.com by contributing to the hardware needs of this valuable website (hopefully prior to Ivan getting close!)

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc:
Re: Windy [Re: LadyStorm]
      #24166 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:41 AM

12:30am......rain and wind picking up in Apopka, NW Orange County.
Gusts of about 50 mph with heavy rain.

Takingforever
Unregistered

Re: Frances Approaching Florida [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #24167 - Sun Sep 05 2004 12:46 AM

Maps like this help make sure things like Hurricane Andrew never happen again.

Everyone should make sure they try and help keep places like this open so everyone can keep up with these dangerous super storms

Ormond Suzie
Weather Watcher

Loc: Ormond Beach, Florida
Re: Windy [Re: LadyStorm]
      #24168 - Sun Sep 05 2004 01:01 AM

Well, power finally seems to be gone in my section of Ormond Beach (after a good many stops and starts).

LadyStorm
Weather Guru

Loc: United States
Re: Maps Skeetobite [Re: SkeetoBite]
      #24170 - Sun Sep 05 2004 01:15 AM

Thanks for the link to your maps. You are very talented. Thanks for keeping us informed.

--------------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them"

..........Albert Einstein

Storm Cooper
User

Reged: Sat
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: Maps Skeetobite [Re: LadyStorm]
      #24172 - Sun Sep 05 2004 01:22 AM

Got to get some sleep... we will not see what S FL hasl but I am tired non the less from watching ya'll! Good Luck to all,

Coop

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

scottsvb1
Unregistered

Re: Maps Skeetobite [Re: Storm Cooper]
      #24173 - Sun Sep 05 2004 02:09 AM

great i just posted a long thread and it never went up,,ugh

Takingforever
Weather Watcher

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Maps Skeetobite [Re: Storm Cooper]
      #24174 - Sun Sep 05 2004 02:11 AM

It must be really scary right now. From CNN reports most of the cities on the eastern coast that the eye wall went through have lost there power. Fort Pierce, Melborne, and West Palm Beach are in the dark. TheWeather Channel are going through the same, but they are in New Smyrna Beach and Palm Bay.

The scariest thing is that this Hurricane is going on for hours now with the howling winds so it must be like going through a tornado without a all clear siren never coming, specially in those city since they missed the calm center and are north and south of where the center hit.

CNN talking about right now the eyewall and center is about to go over Lake Okeechobee in about an hour or so.

Edited by Takingforever (Sun Sep 05 2004 02:16 AM)

scottsvb1
Unregistered

Re: Maps Skeetobite [Re: scottsvb1]
      #24175 - Sun Sep 05 2004 02:31 AM

I been at the NWS in ruskin today with a friend. Soo tired but we must go on. Anyways Frances made landfall as forcasted just after midnight near Stuart florida as a agruementable cat 2 with winds near 105mph. There was a drop in pressure to near 954 before recon found 957 then leveling back up around 960 at landfall. Gusts reports of up to 117mph have been reported so far near Ft Pierce.
Overall forcast looks as follows. Frances eastern eye wall should come ashore in the dawn hours giving Martin and St Lucie countys winds up to 100mph with higher gusts. Many spawned tornados and additional rainfall up to 1 foot in the N side. By afternoon the winds will drop below hurricane forces and she moves wnw and weakens over the center of the state. Expect still many feeder bands coming up around from the South and SE. Improving conditions will begin Sunday night for eastern Florida.
Over Central Florida and Tampa bay area inland hurricane warnings and Tropical storm warnings on the coast. Expect the hurricane do be downgraded by as early as 11am but maybe alittle longer into the evening as this is a large system. Expect many tornados inthe bands NW-N and NE of the center. Rainfall amounts will exceed 18 inches along and just north of the path. I expect her to exit off of Pasco County late Sunday night. Winds will be around 30-50 mph with higher gusts to the South of the path and 50-70mph in Polk and Pasco counties with higher gust near hurricane force. Monday will contiinue to bring in alot of additional rainfall as the Sw flow develops around the Se side of TS Frances by then but winds will slowly decrease during the day.
For Daytona and Ocala expect winds around 30-50mph with higher gusts, band of tornados will accompany squal lines and rainfall amounts 4-8 inches with local amounts up to 10 further south. Monday conditions will become better from Daytona to Orlando but will take till later during the afternoon along Citrus and Hernado counties.Finally Sarasota south thru Ft Myers can expect the same as above mentioned but rainfall amounts will be generally lighter totaling 1-4 inches with most up near the Sarasota - Arcadia area. Winds in Arcadia could reach 50-60mph during the afternoon for 3-6 hours as the center passes 30-50miles to the N and NE.
I do expect her to regain Hurricane strength Monday into Monday night in the Ne Gulf. Location is too early to pinpoint yet on another landfall.
On side note Ivan THE TERRIBLE might be just that in the next 24-48 hours.

scot

Re: Windy [Re: Wxwatcher2]
      #24176 - Sun Sep 05 2004 02:36 AM

What does it look like for Orlando.

scottsvb1
Unregistered

Re: Windy [Re: scot]
      #24177 - Sun Sep 05 2004 02:42 AM

Pretty much winds by morning picking up to near 30-40mph, much more steadier rain with gusts near 50-55mph. Possible tornados will be in the convection areas pretty much anywhere. Sunday night the weather will improve near Cocoa then Orlando during Monday morning. Rainfall amounts around 4-6 inches and up to 10 inches along the coast and futher south closer to the center.

DroopGB31
Weather Guru

Loc: Pensacola
Re: Windy [Re: scottsvb1]
      #24178 - Sun Sep 05 2004 02:55 AM

Wow, Been watching the coverage on TV and Melbourne, Vero Beach and Fort Pierce are getting pounded. Im willing to bet there may be a few gust near 120 in that area as the Northern Eyewall sits over them. That is the worst place to be in a hurricane because you never get the eye to come through it just keeps going and going. Thats especially true with Frances as she is moving ever so slowly Westward. It will be intresting to see what first light brings in the morning.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 18024

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center