F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 231 (Idalia) , Major: 231 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 231 (Idalia) Major: 231 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: TWO [Re: Storm Cooper]
      #37130 - Sun Jun 12 2005 12:38 PM

I think the FSUMM5 is picking up on something in the Caribbean and moving it northeast, no other models showing it though.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MikeG
Unregistered

Re: TWO [Re: Jamiewx]
      #37134 - Sun Jun 12 2005 03:35 PM

looks like we may have a early season. looking at long range. GFS picks up on something coming off africa. a cape storm? only time will tell in a few days. but if this is true than its going to a long season. one thing to note. it is a little high coming across atlantic.

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged: Thu
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: TWO [Re: Jamiewx]
      #37136 - Sun Jun 12 2005 03:58 PM

First of all, happy bday Jamie. Yesterday the PR radar was lite up like a christmas tree, with organized squall like bands. There was an indication of some outflow going on yesterday, so maybe the FSUMM5 is picking up on something.

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

Orlando, FL
Unregistered

Re: TWO [Re: Keith234]
      #37140 - Sun Jun 12 2005 08:02 PM

What the heck? it looks like the GFS has a cape verde storm, that's a little odd for this time of the year.. I got a bad feeling about this season.

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
Re: TWO [Re: Orlando, FL]
      #37141 - Sun Jun 12 2005 08:42 PM

Evening all, sorry to hear of any power loss. Out of Tampa here as you can see. Non event really here, of course rain, little bit of breeze. Pretty interesting though, remnants being driven from the North. Clark interesting post. I was thinking the same looking at the models and also the current Sat pics and SST's. We'll see, didn't we have a storm last year or the year before with a similar current path and the potential path, only it took it? Interesting right in the Carib and East around the PR Trench http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/trop_ge_wv_ls_0.html. I think many hours will be logged this year by everyone. Stay safe!!!

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

BillD
User

Loc: Miami
Re: TWO [Re: Orlando, FL]
      #37143 - Sun Jun 12 2005 10:40 PM

Just checking in for the first time this season. Saw some interesting clouds that were obviously tropical and steady rain as Arlene passed well to our West. There was one major band of severe weather that stayed just offshore to the East.

The GFS has a couple of blips oriiginating in the Caribbean and moving North and East over Cuba and into the Bahamas, and then a Cape Verde storm? I think this is going to be an interesting year like last year. Hopefully not in the same way though...

Bill

Domino
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Makati City, Philippines
Re: Arlene on final approach [Re: HanKFranK]
      #37146 - Sun Jun 12 2005 10:59 PM

I'm in Florida - and what is left of a TS...his my hometown in Indiana - just my luck My family has endured multiple tornado warnings today thanks to her. My mother called several times to describe the rain bands to me as she tried to work in the garden between bands. She said generally it was a nice downpour but very still - until the center (which actually presented quite well on radar) neared and she did get some gusts. She was on the east side of the center which had by far the worst of the weather and multiple possible tornados.

Anyway...Indiana seems to be a favorite place for "beached" tropical systems to head. Believe it or not they cause quite a menace all the way up there.

danielwAdministrator

Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Re: Arlene on final approach [Re: Domino]
      #37153 - Mon Jun 13 2005 12:05 AM

Mike has posted a new thread. For other than Arlene discussion. Namely the Atlantic and Caribbean.
Title is: "New Areas to Watch Past Arlene "

I noticed that Arlene appears to be giving KY, In and OH more severe wether. Reports of at least one Tornado touchdown, and I've seen many reports of flash flooding and roads being under water and impassible.

Edited by danielw (Mon Jun 13 2005 12:07 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9520

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center