F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 230 (Idalia) , Major: 230 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 230 (Idalia) Major: 230 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)
Orlando, FL
Unregistered

Re: A Wobble NW [Re: FlaMommy]
      #38903 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:02 AM

I think it might too, its that gut feeling, but we'll see, there's no use in worrying, it'll get us nowhere.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rick on boat in Mobile
Weather Drama Guru

Reged: Wed
still a large window for error [Re: Unregistered User]
      #38904 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:03 AM

cut and pasted from NHC....we all have to assume it's heading our way...cause the fact remains...it's too far away...everyone keeps thinking the next advisory...and they'll get a handle on it.....I am hearing it is changing easterly a bit...
if this trend were to continue....it might easily track towards Tampa....just have to wait and see...but usually...it's down the middle somwhat....if it hits Pensacola, or Panama City...Mobile will suffer little, if any....however, any jog, slowdown..etc...can change things quickly....

this is a great site, learning a lot....

now, from the NHC discussion:

EXTENDED OUTLOOK. NOTE...ERRORS FOR TRACK HAVE AVERAGED NEAR 250 NM
ON DAY 4 AND 325 NM ON DAY 5...AND FOR INTENSITY NEAR 20 KT EACH DAY

AgentB
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Loc: Winter Park, FL
      #38905 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

well the past couple days the percentage of tampa being hit has increased steadily....first it was 5 , 7, 10 and now we are at a total of 18....i think im gonna start getting ready....

The strike probability you're referring to is actually the chance that the center will pass within 65 nautical miles(74 statute miles) of that location. Currently hurricane force winds extend 45mi from the center and t.s. force winds 140mi. The numbers will increase as time progresses, until the storm has passed the location, because the storm is getting closer. Unless the track shifts dramatically one way or another.

--------------------
Check the Surf

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: A Wobble NW [Re: AgentB]
      #38906 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:06 AM

oh ok thank you agent....i was under the imperession that was probability of being hit...thanks for clarifying...

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged: Tue
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
      #38907 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

well the past couple days the percentage of tampa being hit has increased steadily....first it was 5 , 7, 10 and now we are at a total of 18....i think im gonna start getting ready....

Miami is now up to 18.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged: Mon
Loc: parrish,fl
Re: A Wobble NW [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #38908 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:13 AM

I did not answer the question I raised earlier about something else happening an hour ago because I am at work and actually needed to see more views before committing...while the motion to the wnw seems to have resumed a slight warming in cloud temps, lessening of convection has recently persisted on the N and East side.
could be interaction of the two large land masses it is traversing as we speak.

--------------------
doug

stormchazer
Storm Tracker

Loc: Central Florida
Re: models [Re: twizted sizter]
      #38909 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:15 AM

I still think we are looking for a Alabama/MS landfall, but it does make you wonder if this is payback for last year and Ivan. The NHC was originally saying it was coming up the West Coast of FL but it kept going west. Do we have a flip episode here?

Naaaww! Look out AL/MS/FL borders!!!!!

--------------------
Jara

pcola
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: pensacola/gulf breeze
Re: models [Re: stormchazer]
      #38910 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:19 AM

In Pensacola we feel like the car rear view mirror. The models keep going from our east, to our west, to our east, etc. I just wish we could get out of the center.

--------------------
Erin 95 , Opal 95, Ivan 04, Dennis 05, and that's enough!!!!

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

new thread [Re: pcola]
      #38913 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:26 AM

new thread is up.

Pensacola101
Unregistered

Re: A Wobble NW [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #38918 - Thu Jul 07 2005 11:31 AM

Well, people here in Pensacola are really going nuts. If this thing hits us, it will just be a remake of Ivan. People here still have tarps on their roofs in some places. It will be a disaster if it comes close to us in Pensacola.

WeatherNLU
Meteorologist

Reged: Sat
Loc: New Orleans, LA
Re: A Wobble NW [Re: Pensacola101]
      #38946 - Thu Jul 07 2005 12:27 PM

It's awfully hard for a hurricane of Dennis' size to make a west Florida impact coming from the Western Caribbean and the SE GOM. Charley did it, but it's rather uncommon. I just don't see it happening, especially with the current pattern. I think the area that needs to be very concerned is from Grand Isle, LA to Pensacola, FL. I am not saying that everyone else should let down their guard, this is just my opinion on the developing situation. Everyone has to stop looking at the short term motions (i.e a 3 hour sample) and look at a running 24 hours minimum. Small jogs to the west and north are common and are going to continue to occur. There is no need to freak out over each and every one.

I can tell you that I am deeply troubled about the possibility of a New Orleans impact and I am already beginning to make plans. The amazing thing is that hotels are already sold out across the region.

--------------------
I survived Hurricane Katrina, but nothing I owned did!

PensacolaAgain
Unregistered

Re: A Wobble NW [Re: Pensacola101]
      #39002 - Thu Jul 07 2005 01:45 PM

Gas stations are running out of fuel and the ones remaining are jacking up the prices. People are going nuts in Pensacola.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 48668

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center