F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
ShanaTX
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Texas
Re: TS Gert is born - earliest ever for the 7th name storm [Re: Margie]
      #45126 - Sun Jul 24 2005 02:05 AM

Honestly? I don't know. I really thought we were gonna catch a break after Emily. Obviously I was muy confused.

I don't see anything out there, but others do. Guess we'll find out on what... Monday? Tuesday? That would be about right...

'shana

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
00cj
Weather Watcher

Loc: Panama City Beach, F.L.
Re: TS Gert is born - earliest ever for the 7th name storm [Re: ShanaTX]
      #45127 - Sun Jul 24 2005 02:33 AM

Just wondering...Say franklins LLC headed NE and the MLC stays behind could it reform a new LLC and once again be a tropical storm? Also if that were to happen would it keep the name franklin or get a new name? just curious.

HanKFranK
User

Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: TS Gert is born - earliest ever for the 7th name storm [Re: 00cj]
      #45128 - Sun Jul 24 2005 03:07 AM

hmm.. there's gert. danged thing didn't form like i was guessing, so my prog up to texas will end up being crap. franklin is still undecided as to the future track... northerly shear is really kicking in but the storm is still coupled. since the shortwave is passing perhaps now franklin will stall and then start getting pushed around the upper ridge.. or maybe keep drifting east. i don't see that the next shortwave is all that impressive either, so not certain... still think franklin can turn back at this point.
if the storm decouples and the mlc generates a new surface low... i dunno, they might rename it. probably, after t.d. being considered the same as bonnie after almost vanishing as a wave last year.. and Ivan's 'ghost' circling back into the gulf. it's one of those weird cases... NHC would play it however it chose to interpret the situation.
1011mb low nearing 50w is still buried in the subsidence, but i've got a hunch the environment will allow it to organize as it rolls steadily closer to the islands. wave behind it at 30w low amplitude and not all that impressive right now. gert might be it for july... still a week to get through though.
HF 0807z24july

scottsvb
Weather Master

Loc: fl
Re: TS Gert is born - earliest ever for the 7th name storm [Re: HanKFranK]
      #45129 - Sun Jul 24 2005 03:22 AM

Thing about that Frank is that the stronger of the ridges will be the 1 I mentioned a few days ago se of bermuda. It will get stared by that moving NE around it and eventually E near 55W. The ridge off the U.S. east coast monday and tuesday will be weak as the main ridge over the plains now will be over the mississipi valley. It will be surpressed down there cause of the next trough moving thru the great lakes and the eastern U.S. by weds.
IF Franklins midlevel low moves south and ssw sunday into sunday night as is still near 72W and south of 28N then it could be stared west into florida as the trough to its n bypasses him taking anything N of 28 and east of 70-75W NE.
I guess we will see during the day today.

yecatsjg
Weather Watcher

Reged: Sun
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Franklin is weakening [Re: scottsvb]
      #45132 - Sun Jul 24 2005 07:08 AM

Quote:

FRANKLIN IS STARTING TO BECOME DISORGANIZED AND WEAKENING IS
FORECAST DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc:
Re: Franklin is weakening [Re: yecatsjg]
      #45133 - Sun Jul 24 2005 07:35 AM

Franklin never looked like much of a storm to me. I think where it formed in the North Central Bahamas is not that favorable an area anyway.

Looks like there may not be anything to track for a few days. That would be nice.

I'd mention Gert but to me, there's nothing to mention about that weak TS.

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: TS Gert is born - earliest ever for the 7th name storm [Re: HanKFranK]
      #45140 - Sun Jul 24 2005 10:23 AM

Morning - well now I can finally see Franklin's low level circ quite well on this morning's sat loop. Now I can't see Gert's. It just looks like a blob of clouds to me. Sigh. Well I have only been doing this a couple weeks...maybe in a year I'll be able to read the sat images better.

Off to have some fun, see all of you later today!

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Storm Cooper
User

Reged: Sat
Loc: Panama City , FL
Re: TS Gert is born - earliest ever for the 7th name storm [Re: Margie]
      #45141 - Sun Jul 24 2005 10:26 AM

New Thread

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 34592

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center