F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
Re: Pressure Falling [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #46205 - Sun Jul 31 2005 07:58 PM

Looking at IR, 93L looks like its cloudtops are warming rapidly the last hour.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Mon
Re: Pressure Falling [Re: Random Chaos]
      #46206 - Sun Jul 31 2005 08:17 PM

yeah the convection is on the decrease but its overall cloud presentation and outflow pattern is pretty good looking at the latest sat pixs.., probably still needs at least a couple of days to get its act together as it moves across the Caribbean... probably not going to develop any time soon but if it keeps its presentatiion for a couple of days it should be in a better environment to develop...

EMS
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Tue
Loc: St. Petersburg, Florida
Re: Pressure Falling [Re: Frank P]
      #46207 - Sun Jul 31 2005 08:42 PM

The convection is on the decrease but based on the latest IR loop, there appears to be a broad center of circulation at roughly 12.5 N, 66 W. Signs of a "turning" in the atmosphere is the most evident it ever has been with this wave. Interesting to see what happens overnight.

danielwAdministrator

Reged: Wed
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
93L [Re: EMS]
      #46210 - Sun Jul 31 2005 09:54 PM

93L looks severly anemic. Actually looked more intense at Daybreak this morning.
Looks like the East Caribbean Tropical Graveyard is back in play. That, and the effects of the TUTT Low just west of 93L.

Hank made a reference to the SOI being solidly negative. That should give us a break for a few days. Maybe more!

Tropics Guy
Storm Tracker

Reged: Thu
Loc: Miami, Florida
Re: 93L [Re: danielw]
      #46213 - Sun Jul 31 2005 11:12 PM

93L, though it is passing through the "graveyard" is starting to fire up some convection around the circulation center and looks like there is still some circulation evident. IMO we'll see a continued upswing in convection tonight and continued organization tomorrow.
TG

--------------------
Tropical Cyclones: "Mother nature's heat transfer machines"

Wxwatcher2
Storm Tracker

Loc:
Re: 93L [Re: Tropics Guy]
      #46215 - Mon Aug 01 2005 12:48 AM

I like tracking numbers rather than names.

Bloodstar

Reged: Mon
Loc: Tucson, AZ
92, 93, and those wacky hybrids (94L) [Re: Wxwatcher2]
      #46216 - Mon Aug 01 2005 02:30 AM

I am noting a possible circulation around 23N 67W Not sure what's there. morning light will give a better picture... 92L is sputtering conversation on the northern section but still trying....

93L looks scattered but to be honest, I can't really find it on IR. So, nothing's going on there....

94L our Hybrid Theory, is firing up a little convection near the center of the circulation, with a HUGE envelope of winds around it. I looks like it could become something, but.... it seems to be drifting north, and probably won't have much time to go ST but it could happen

there is some convection around 15N 53W but nothing really promising yet... (though, with this season, every batch of thunderstorms seems to bear (bare?) watching....

What does it all mean? Well, nothing really seems to be heading our way, but there's still a couple of interesting spots that might suprise us...

-Mark

--------------------
M. S. Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Tech - May 2020
Brookhaven National Laboratory
U. Arizona PhD Student

Spoken
Weather Hobbyist

Re: 93L [Re: danielw]
      #46217 - Mon Aug 01 2005 04:37 AM

Very well then – goodbye and good luck.

Oh, and thanks for showing me something new.

danielwAdministrator

Reged: Wed
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
August Already?? [Re: Bloodstar]
      #46218 - Mon Aug 01 2005 05:56 AM

Hah! You went to sleep in July and slept until August. The first of August, that is.

edited at 1013Z
Small cyclonic circulation seen in the GOM. Near 25.3N/ 87.7W at 0945Z, and the 42001 buoy. At this time winds and pressures appear to be consistant with 24 hours ago. Very little change.

92L appears to be wrapping around a mid-upper level Low, NE of the Turks and Caicos. Moderately sized area of convection in East Quad at 0845Z.

93L-While I thought this Inves was beyond dead last night. First peeks this morning are showing it is still alive.
Circulation center should pass just north, if not over, the ABC Isles. In the next few hours. Convection had begun to look slightly impressive. But is now on a decline.
Back behind the main circulation of 93L is an area that fired up some rather intense lightning. At 0845Z this complex was located in the Eastern Caribbean, just west of Grenada.
I'll move 93L up one notch, but it still has a large area of wind shear ahead.

94L- or the system located well NE of the Virgin Isles and Lesser Antilles. Still appears to be cold-core. WIth the eastern semi-circle maintaining light to moderate convection.

Other areas of interest, to me, at this time.
A small area near 8.7N/ 48.7W, at 0845Z.
Small cyclonic circulation, and increasing intensity of the convection over the last 5 hours. This area is due south of 94L and separated by what appears to be another cloud of SAL dust.
System appears to have gained about 4 degrees of latitude in the last 24 hours.

Another cyclonic circulation is seen, near 7.4N/ 32.0W at 0845Z.
These are my observations, Not Official Statements. Please refer to Official NHC and NWS Products for your area.

Edited by danielw (Mon Aug 01 2005 06:41 AM)

VolusiaMike
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Thu
Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
Re: August Already?? [Re: danielw]
      #46221 - Mon Aug 01 2005 07:47 AM

Looks like the MM5 is trying to bring something up from the Caribean into the GOMEX later this week. Doesn't look like the wave that currently approaching the Islands...

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
Re: August Already?? [Re: VolusiaMike]
      #46262 - Mon Aug 01 2005 06:00 PM

== New thread ==

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 519 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 47660

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center