F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)
B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: 5 AM EDT Update [Re: Random Chaos]
      #47261 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:18 PM

Well, the offical 5 day forcast track sure make the Carolina Coast look pretty vulnerable. The more Irene moves west , south of that area looks like there might be good possibility of something happening. I just don`t know. I`m in Charleston S.C. at the moment, so I`m going to follow this baby every mile it moves....I hope it takes the UKMET models track, but that looks highly unlikely. Shoud be an interesting start to next week if Irene gets its act together in the next few days....Weatherchef. web page ]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene [Re: rmbjoe1954]
      #47262 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

If TD irene is moving WSW than could she be feeling the affects of the ridge already?

She is not moving WNW,she is moving due west.That is my point,she is not moving north at all.Yesterday she was at 22.4N,today she is at 22.4N.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Tropics Guy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Miami, Florida
Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene [Re: rmbjoe1954]
      #47264 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:24 PM

Visible Satellite loops this morning showing an organizing storm again, with good banding features developing, good outflow and convection building on the W and SW side of the center. Shear has relaxed and there is nothing but warm SST's ahead of her so I would not be surprised to see her continue to organize and strengthen to TS status later today or tonight as she heads generally W or WNW.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float2-vis-loop.html

--------------------
Tropical Cyclones: "Mother nature's heat transfer machines"

Beaumont, TX
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene [Re: MikeC]
      #47265 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:26 PM

One has to admire Irene's tenacity. What I am wondering is about the strengthening of the storm.
If Irene does intensify what are the possibilities? It seems the consensus is she would be a weak system and a rainmaker at best ( of course, a rainmaker can cause extensive flooding especially with a stalling out of the system over land). Why will she remain a weak system? Is there simply not enough time to intensify or are there factors that will keep her from doing so? Also, does the possibility exist that she could still dissipate?

none
Unregistered

Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene [Re: Beaumont, TX]
      #47266 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:33 PM

the NHC says in 72 hours theres a 20% chance she could dissapate. I wouldn't count on it though. Due to the amount of shearing it has survived to this point.

VolusiaMike
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #47267 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:35 PM

She is not moving WNW,she is moving due west.That is my point,she is not moving north at all.Yesterday she was at 22.4N,today she is at 22.4N.

Actually, Irene has been at between 22.4 to 22.6 since the 11oo advisory on 08-08-2005. Currently at 24.4 So she has been moving basically west since Monday.

Michael

XLM
Unregistered

#47268 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:36 PM

I dont see the WSW movement, instead Im seeing a WNW movement, just a little bit south of the forecasted track

zacros
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Johns Island, SC
      #47269 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:36 PM

It seems that lately, we wake up every morning and Irene has reorganized and is strengthening. Then, as the day progresses, Irene ends up weaker than it was before. As well, we keep hearing that Irene is moving toward an area of warmer water and less shear, yet this same trend continues (strengthening in the morning, weaker by night). I do know this, Irene bears watching because there is plenty of time for this storm to get its act together and do a little damage. Given the persistance of the system and the warm waters close to the coast, any somewhat organized system can pull on shore as a hurricane.

One question, someone mentioned interaction with an upper level low. Where is this low and when is it forcast to interact with Irene?

none
Unregistered

Re: Uncertainty Again with Irene [Re: XLM]
      #47270 - Wed Aug 10 2005 01:37 PM

check out the MM5 model its producing some interesting track possibilities.
http://moe.met.fsu.edu/mm5/IRENE.track.png

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: 5 AM EDT Update [Re: Fletch]
      #47273 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:14 PM

The google map plots on the site have the ability to click on a coordinate point and then display the forecast track from that time. Ie, click a point, a balloon pops up with the coordinate/windspeed information.

At the bottom of the popup balloon is the button. You can use it to see the forecast error, by... say going back a few points, to see how off (or on) the track is compared to the actual storm path.

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Port Orange, FL
Re: 5 AM EDT Update [Re: MikeC]
      #47276 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:32 PM

Mike

I dont think that plot forcast button is working

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

According to Colleen A ... "I AM A HURRICANE FREAK"
2007 Predictions 16/9/6

ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
ts??? [Re: NewWatcher]
      #47279 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:35 PM

[image] http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/FLOAT2/VIS/20.jpg[/image] Latest image.Sure looks like a TS to me.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
Re: ts??? [Re: ftlaudbob]
      #47280 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:39 PM

yea i agree bob, shes looking better organized by the 5 AM advisorys each day, maybe we'll have a TS by tonight if not, i'd give it till thursday night, then i think we will have our TS. Irene is a fairly small storm it looks like, im just hoping she stays small and weak for all those on the east coast of the US, the water is to warm for her to stay a TD im afraid, and shes breaking free from the shear and coming closer to that warm SE water. The next 4 days or so should be interesting.

-Ryan

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

Edited by Ryan (Wed Aug 10 2005 02:40 PM)

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: 5 AM EDT Update [Re: NewWatcher]
      #47281 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Mike

I dont think that plot forcast button is working

Pam, it probably will only work on the latest browsers and OSs. It uses ajax which older software may not support.

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Still a TD [Re: Ryan]
      #47282 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:42 PM

As of the 11:00 am advisory, Irene is still a TD, although she is expected to reach TS status sometime over the next 24 hours.

full basin shot

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Old Sailor
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Still a TD [Re: LI Phil]
      #47284 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:46 PM

Phil:

Irene was expected to reach TS status over 2 days ago, we see how well that has been working.

Dave

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Port Orange, FL
Re: Still a TD [Re: Old Sailor]
      #47285 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:49 PM

I wish she would hurry up and do it. I think the longer she fools around as a TD or less, the more she moves west instead of a turn. I want this storm out to sea, not making a run to the west after she strengthens

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

According to Colleen A ... "I AM A HURRICANE FREAK"
2007 Predictions 16/9/6

Wanna-Be-Storm-Chaser
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Deltona, FL
Re: Still a TD [Re: LI Phil]
      #47286 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:52 PM

Can you send me a link that shows the high pressure ridge? The ridge that was suppose to have picked her up? If I am asking the right question....................

Let me send this again in case no one saw it the first time. Let's work on this present issue and not start fights this morning. If you want to comment than you need to register and you know who you are.

--------------------
I survived Jeanne, Charley, and Frances

Edited by Wanna-Be-Storm-Chaser (Wed Aug 10 2005 03:25 PM)

Old Sailor
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Still a TD [Re: NewWatcher]
      #47287 - Wed Aug 10 2005 02:58 PM

Agree with you, as long as Irene stays a TD or weak TS she keep on moving west, If Irene is still a TD or a 40mph TS in 48 hours , My feeling is she track west to South Florida as a cat 1 or could reach cat 2 before land fall. if not then she curve up northward to maybe SC.

Dave

Rick on boat in Mobile
Weather Drama Guru

Reged:
Irene will become a strong hurricane, I think [Re: Old Sailor]
      #47288 - Wed Aug 10 2005 03:03 PM

Irene will explode into a cat 3 or stronger...however, the exact path is still too far out to know...

If I were on the east coast...anywhere from Miami to Cape Hatteras...I'd be watching Irene real closely....
take a look at Joe Bastardi's take on it....the high pressure system will keep it south and it WILL impact the U.S....and all the things are there for strengthening...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 44539

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center