F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Rasvar
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Re: Interaction of Cold Front and Wilma after Florida Landfall? [Re: native]
      #61558 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:41 PM

Cooler weather will definately be a plus. Especially if there is no power. Worst thing after Charlley last year was the endless heat. Even when the storm arrives, I am not sure precise landfall will end up being as important. Unliess Wilma somehow really tightens up, her windfield should be pretty spread out. Plenty of wind and rain extending out in a large swath from the center.

--------------------
Jim

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
Re: To The Moderators [Re: scottsvb]
      #61559 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:41 PM

Would you agree for everyone to be cognizant that the H force and TS force will be out in front of the actual COC, not sure how much out in front they will be though. I guess if the storm is moving 20-30 MPH that would tell you?

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Tue
Loc: Sebring, FL
      #61560 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:43 PM

Yes, I noticed the cooler weather too. Will gladly take a rougher cold front this time to get rid of the heat and humidity!

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

#61561 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:43 PM

I'll 2nd the woo-hooo for some cold air...it's muggy as heck here & I wish it would just hurry up & rain or something.

Not going to jump in about Wilma other than seems like the NHC track is a s close to spot on as can be...remember...we/they are only human & we're dealing with forces outside of our control.

Made my preps...bases are covered for worst case/best case...the majority of the state is in for rough weather like you said.

On another note...historical at that...we now have Alpha...what a season!!!

monkeymomma3

Reged: Thu
Loc: Florida
Re: Front Location [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #61562 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:43 PM

Hi, this is my first post-stumbled upon this site a few days ago and the information is great!!! I live in Broward and the flooding they are referring to is always prone to flooding-nothing new. Weather here has been cloudy, warm with the sun poking through. Havent had a huge downpour since about 11am or so. It is nice weather for shutter hanging and cleaning up. Wherever Wilma goes, I too am looking forward to the cool weather. At least if we lose power it will not be so bad. We lost power during Katrina for 2 days-nothing compared to other FL, MS and LA folks, however, it was HOT!!! So that is the silver lining in my cloud!!!

trinibaje
Weather Guru

Loc: MIAMI, FLORIDA
Re: Interaction of Cold Front and Wilma after Florida Landfall? [Re: Heather]
      #61563 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Yes, I noticed the cooler weather too. Will gladly take a rougher cold front this time to get rid of the heat and humidity!

Heather... i noticed you are in Sebring Florida... is there any reports of closure for monday for the Courts?

--------------------
-----------MY 2005 PREDICTION--------
15/10/5

Rasvar
Weather Master

Loc: Tallahassee, Fl
Re: Interaction of Cold Front and Wilma after Florida Landfall? [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #61564 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:44 PM

VIPER has its plusses and minuses. I beleive it is a mesoscale type model, like MM5. It seems to do ok compared other short range models. I do seem to recall that jeanne had it completely flummoxed last year. Always wanted to keep it going up the coast for the longest period of time.

--------------------
Jim

Mayor of Moronia
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Wed
Loc: Bayonet Point, Pasco County
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: Thunderbird12]
      #61565 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:46 PM

Just for the record Charley did plenty of damage around Orlando in 2004. Plenty of trees were uprooted and many houses lost their roofs. My daughter lost her roof and had to replace all her carpeting. Lots of repairs.

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: Mayor of Moronia]
      #61566 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:51 PM

anyone know if the 4pm advisory will be out before 4pm?....just wondering where i could find it before 4pm...thanks

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

Lance Wilson
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Wed
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: FlaMommy]
      #61567 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

anyone know if the 4pm advisory will be out before 4pm?....just wondering where i could find it before 4pm...thanks

That's 4 PM CDT, 5 PM EDT. Another hour until it comes out.

EMS
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: St. Petersburg, Florida
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: Mayor of Moronia]
      #61569 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:53 PM

Disclaimer: This is not a wishcast!

So - the BAMD and BAMM now trek over Tampa. The question - does Wilma follow Bam-Bam?

Sorry - with all the sniping going on today, had to make a feeble, corny attempt at humor.

Back to the storm - having a really hard time locating the COC. It seems from the Cancun radar that the outer edge of the inner eyewall is now emerging off the NE tip of the Yucatan. The IR loop seems to show a more easterly jog in the last couple of frames.

Thanks to everyone for all their good info today and always.

tpratch

Loc: Maryland
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: FlaMommy]
      #61570 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:53 PM

It'll be at or slightly before 5pm Eastern time. The 4pm timestamp is because it is in the Central timezone.

Updated graphic without any points. May add heading in an hour, but that depends on many things on my end.

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
TS Alpha [Re: EMS]
      #61572 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:54 PM

1. MikeC has a new thread up

2. NRL is reporting that Tropical Storm Alpha has formed - http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc-bin/tc_hom...es&DISPLAY=

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: EMS]
      #61573 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:54 PM

This link should be helpful

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/marti/2005_TWENTY-FOUR/webManager/last24hrs.gif

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

disneyfanfl
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Re: Need some advice.... [Re: tpratch]
      #61575 - Sat Oct 22 2005 03:57 PM

It seems like the models (well, most of them) have been gradually creeping up the peninsula last night and today, yet the offcial track is pretty much where it's been all along. Is this because the NHC feels that the last few models aren't leaning the right way and they are thinking it's going to be well south of that? Or have they just not been sold on any northern landfall?

I'm wondering if the track begins at least a slight shift northward sometime soon?

Geoff
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tampa, FL
Re: The Front Question [Re: disneyfanfl]
      #61583 - Sat Oct 22 2005 04:12 PM

Does anyone have a good site that provides real time information on where the front really is? The only way I've been able to really track it is by the weather station buoy data, but there has got to be an easier way to see this data. I just don't think that the NWS graphic front line on the GOES loops is completely up to date. From looking once again at the buoy data versus their graphic, it appears that the front is farther north than their graphic shows.

I've looked at the WV loop and it gives me a feel for its location; but unlike the METS who can interpret that kind of stuff, I'm an architect so I need fancy graphics to look at

Heather
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Sebring, FL
Re: Interaction of Cold Front and Wilma after Florida Landfall? [Re: trinibaje]
      #61584 - Sat Oct 22 2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Heather... i noticed you are in Sebring Florida... is there any reports of closure for monday for the Courts?

I would assume everything will be closed Monday, but can only confirm schools are closed.

--------------------
When it rains, it pours...

komi
Weather Watcher

Reged: Sat
Re: Interaction of Cold Front and Wilma after Florida Landfall? [Re: Heather]
      #61719 - Sat Oct 22 2005 07:40 PM

My wife working in FLA Hospital in Sebring, and they have meeting tomorrow @ 3 PM ... Will report here whats goin on ...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 197 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 62531

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center