Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane CenterHurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season begins on June 1st, 2019 and ends on Nov 30th, 2019.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 136 (Michael) , Major: 136 (Michael) Florida - Any: 136 (Michael) Major: 136 (Michael)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2000s >> 2006 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
TampaRand
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Fri
Loc: Tampa FL
Re: take... [Re: MadDog]
      #72086 - Mon Aug 28 2006 07:37 PM

I would not be surprised by anything this system does. That being said, the steering winds aloft are westerly, but smaller systems are not as influenced by steering winds as are larger systems, but with the COC looking like it is at 75W23Nor thereabouts, and a strong steering current at 1000-1010 hPa, I would not be a bit surprised to see a slight westerly trend just before landfall in South FL that will change the whole scenario. The convection seems to be wrapping up a bit according to the last IR look. The other thing that makes me think that may be a trend is the deepening of shear winds to the NE of this storm of 20kts. courtesy of an ULL NW of Yucatan,it may attempt to escape-the deepinging NE side being earlier in the forecast period than the NW side. I still think this system has many challenges and am just waiting for the other shoe to drop at 11. I can't believe we are out of "gotchas" yet.

--------------------
Amateur Weather Prognosticator and Cane Junkie.
www.hurricanewx.net

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
OrlandoDan
Storm Tracker

Reged: Mon
Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: take... [Re: TampaRand]
      #72088 - Mon Aug 28 2006 07:40 PM

There is a new Forum started.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 56035

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center