F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2007 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Metairie, LA
Re: TD4? [Re: nc_tropical_wx79]
      #76001 - Wed Aug 01 2007 11:30 AM

Doesn't say on the TWO except that it appears to have become better organized. It's off the NRL Invest page, but there is a TC Formation Alert for the area.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
scottsvb
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Loc: fl
Re: TD4? [Re: Steve]
      #76002 - Wed Aug 01 2007 12:25 PM

Well 2 areas or 3 really are somewhat worth watching..but nothing to a point of a hurricane or strong tropical storm for the next couple of days. 1st area is coming towards the lessar antilles shows a very small circulation down more near 11.5N and 58W...recon going in should find a circulation but there might a 2nd weak 1 more inline with the midlevel circulation near 13N and 58W. 50-50 chance on a upgrade...I dont know cause we need to recon report. It should stay on a west path thru its lifetime unless someway it really strengthens...then it might get steered more NW towards the Yucitan by Saturday.
Meanwhile 2nd area is a trough coming down in the N GOM... this could develop a small weak low and drift N back towards LA,MS but development will be slow if any at all.
Finally 3rd and I feel the best shot of a threat would be the same system above but having another low pressure form off SC later by Thurs or Friday. With a ridge over the SE...trough over the NW atlantic down to 70W...anything that develops would move SSW then W towards the Bahamas and east florida by Sunday into next week. I give this the better chance of a tropical system (if develops) of making a U.S. landfall if any.
scottsvb

Beach
Weather Guru

Loc: Cocoa Beach/Banana River
Re: TD4? [Re: scottsvb]
      #76003 - Wed Aug 01 2007 01:24 PM

Quick links to the buoys in the area. The pressure is falling in the area that RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS are going to.

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/TBPB.html

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41101

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41100

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/TVSV.html

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Loc: Metairie, LA
Re: TD4? [Re: Beach]
      #76004 - Wed Aug 01 2007 01:30 PM

scotts,

In case you hadn't derived your South Carolina prediction from it, the WRF is the model that goes along with what you were saying.

http://bricker.met.psu.edu/~arnottj/cgi-...;hour=Animation

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

scottsvb
Weather Master

Re: TD4? [Re: Steve]
      #76005 - Wed Aug 01 2007 01:56 PM

nah..Im more inline with the GFS...I dont like to use the WRF. I think a ridge will build in from the SE US and take if anything there..S then W next week. Its a 1 of 3 chance.

nc_tropical_wx79
Weather Guru

Reged: Fri
Re: TD4? [Re: scottsvb]
      #76006 - Wed Aug 01 2007 02:10 PM

so since 2:05pm discussion is out and says nothing about TD 4 does that mean recon didn't find a LLC or winds to support a TD and 99l is still just a wave right?

--------------------
W.D. Duncan

scottsvb
Weather Master

#76007 - Wed Aug 01 2007 02:17 PM

recon isnt done with the system yet...wont be until 4ish...and its up to the NHC.

CaneTrackerInSoFl
Storm Tracker

Loc: Israel
      #76008 - Wed Aug 01 2007 02:18 PM

Recon estimated the surface winds at 40 knots with an extrapolated pressure of 1002 mbs.

EDIT: Disregard this post. The site appears to have a glitch under the Recon Info link.

--------------------
Andrew 1992, Irene 1999, Katrina 2005, Wilma 2005

Edited by CaneTrackerInSoFl (Wed Aug 01 2007 02:33 PM)

LoisCane
Veteran Storm Chaser

Loc: South Florida
Re: TD4? [Re: La Nimo]
      #76013 - Wed Aug 01 2007 02:56 PM

wish they would fix that link.. i almost got excited too

pressures are low, not super low.. but low.. winds not strong enough but why is invest down?

is that a good sign or bad?

nrl...

--------------------
http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/

Rich B
British Meteorologist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Gloucestershire, England, UK
Re: TD4? [Re: LoisCane]
      #76014 - Wed Aug 01 2007 02:59 PM

Invest might not be on NRL but wouldnt say that was a bad thing. The recon flight has taken / is taking place, so NHC must have some concern. Also, SSD have given the system TNumbers of T1.0/T1.5 as of 1745UTC. Satellite imagery shows a relatively weak, but somewhat organised system too, with definite circulation. Just have to wait and see if recon can close of a centre.

--------------------
Rich B

SkyWarn UK

nc_tropical_wx79
Weather Guru

Re: TD4? [Re: LoisCane]
      #76015 - Wed Aug 01 2007 03:02 PM

Ok so what is the real pressure reading? they are saying it's 1002 mb over on wunderground but is this correct or wrong? The guest blogger on Dr. M's site is also saying there's evidence to support a closed circulation at the surface is this alos right or wrong?

--------------------
W.D. Duncan

Hurricane Fredrick 1979
Weather Guru

Loc: Mobile,Alabama
      #76016 - Wed Aug 01 2007 03:16 PM

According to http://twister.sbs.ohio-state.edu/text/station/KNHC/URNT15.KNHC the lowest pressure so far from recon is 1010.7 mb. The highest winds so far has been 14K and this was on the 23rd observation. web page

Rich B
British Meteorologist

Loc: Gloucestershire, England, UK
Re: TD4? [Re: Hurricane Fredrick 1979]
      #76018 - Wed Aug 01 2007 03:18 PM

Thats a High Density Ob, and is only representative of 10 minutes data, not the entire recon flight. However, these obs do provide some pretty good detail on the disturbance.

EDIT: As an example, the last batch of data from 1910 - 1920Z shows the aircraft is moving NE away from Trinidad and Tobago, and as it heads closer to the apparent centre, the extrapolated pressure is gradually dropping - down to 1010.3 mb at the last entry.

1930z - Pressure down to 1009.8 according to the latest HDOB, as the aircraft heads towards Barbados

--------------------
Rich B

SkyWarn UK

Edited by Rich B (Wed Aug 01 2007 03:35 PM)

cieldumort

Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: TD4? [Re: Rich B]
      #76024 - Wed Aug 01 2007 05:00 PM

With all due respect to 99L, I have grown -much- more concerned with the feature in the GOM
INVEST .

By all accounts, 99L is "almost there" - or even there if the hunters can close off a low and find at least a feeble warm core before flying out of it. However, it's still approaching the eastern Caribbean to encounter a not ideal region of fairly dry air.

On the other hand, our new Invest in the NE GOM is enjoying abundant water vapor and low shear. At the very least, a mid-level coc is now forming. (Link to the RGB enhanced loop above). This feature is land-locked. At the very least, someone is going to get tropical cyclone-like conditions.

Lee-Delray
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Re: TD4? [Re: cieldumort]
      #76025 - Wed Aug 01 2007 05:05 PM

I'm looking at the GOM too and it does look interesting. It looks to me that what ever it is or becomes will move either east or northest? Or, am I reading it wrong.

allan
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Loc: Palm Coast, Florida
Re: TD4? [Re: Lee-Delray]
      #76026 - Wed Aug 01 2007 06:02 PM

I think it is re-organizing and should in my opinion, blow up tonight with a COC. So recon should be a go. About the GOM disturbance? Some call it 90L but it really isn't, not even a low yet but I am seeing some turning in the middle of it. That too will be interesting to see if it blows up tonight and gains an invest tag. So basically, tonight is going to be very interesting, stay tuned and watch for blow ups on both the systems.

Off topic material removed

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Edited by Storm Cooper (Wed Aug 01 2007 06:46 PM)

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Loc: Maryland
Re: TD4? [Re: allan]
      #76063 - Fri Aug 03 2007 07:13 AM

It is looking rather dismal now on SSD. I doubt it will make TD before entering the gulf. The question now is: does it go into the gulf or across South America? If the former, it still has a chance to do something.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 20618

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center