F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2007 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Re: FL Storms [Re: scottsvb]
      #77226 - Sun Aug 19 2007 11:46 PM

It does seem the next couple of days with Dean are pretty cut & dry...straight into Mexico...even though it's never over till it's over this outcome seems certain.
I know alot of diehards elsewhere who are rather dissapointed that most of the anticipation in final destination speculation is gone for them now.
Dean is still the main player but it appears CMC is not the only model in closing off a low from the wave East of the Bahamas. The 10:30 TWO mentioned conditions becoming more favorable for some slow development as well. Time for a "Bear Watch" it seems.
Continuning some of the talk about the winds caused over Fl by the pressure gradient...they certainly were strong & enjoyable early this morning..although I don't know what's worse...just the hot air or the wind whipping it around like a hot fan by afternoon.
Anxiously awaiting the end of hurricane season & relief from the heat.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
StrmTrckrMiami
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Manchester, NH
RE: Dean's Bands [Re: flahurricane]
      #77228 - Sun Aug 19 2007 11:56 PM

I do beleave that after watching the satalite images of Hurricane Dean and then watching the Sataline images of Miami and the Florida Keys that Dean is definatly responsible for the cooler day we have had hear, as well as the stormy weather. It also appears that as Dean spins counter clockwise, his longest band reaches the tip of South Florida. Please correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------

Tracking Storms Since 2004
Miami, Cocoa, Fort Myers and Jacksonville
Currently Reside in New England

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
Re: RE: Dean's Bands [Re: StrmTrckrMiami]
      #77236 - Mon Aug 20 2007 12:14 AM

[ New thread - I moved Recon there ]

Edited by Random Chaos (Mon Aug 20 2007 12:22 AM)

twizted sizter
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Re: RE: Dean's Bands [Re: StrmTrckrMiami]
      #77237 - Mon Aug 20 2007 12:18 AM

I guess in a way you could say Dean was responsible for your weather today but not in the way I think you're getting at.
We have strong Easterly winds now. Also a high pressure ridge has built in..Dean is low pressure...put Fl in the middle. This causes a pressure gradient & increased winds.
If you go to the National Weather Service you can type in your zip code or city name & get a very thorough forecast not only for your immediate area but usually a discussion on features such as waves, troughs, etc...that may be moving in or developing offshore for example that may impact your area for the week.
I have found it very useful not only for my local forecast or when traveling but I also read Ruskin & Melbournes discussions when we have a tropical threat as well. Always good to hear another opinion.

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Post Linkage Problem [Re: Random Chaos]
      #77238 - Mon Aug 20 2007 12:21 AM

There is a known problem with post-linkage that we have not yet resolved. The corruption problem happens when a Moderator deletes/moves a post. The move goes okay, but the Forum that the post was moved from will still show it as the 'latest post' - even though it is no longer there. When you click on the post (in the latest post area) it sends you off to the Forum that the post was moved to.

Use the Site Usage Forum to report problems - DO NOT send Mod Alerts for system errors - the Moderators cannot correct this type of error. Until the problem is resolved, using the 'latest post' link on the Forum Listing page may not take you to the correct Forum.
ED

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 38844

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center