F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

Archives 2002-2009 >> 2002 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Area of Interest - Central Florida Coast
      #1351 - Sun Jul 21 2002 02:09 PM

Looks like a weak circulation is trying to form just off the central Florida coast. Pressure starting to slowly drop, but that's normal for the time of day. Wind at Vero Beach out of the southwest 10-15mph while Cocoa Beach is out of the east northeast gusting to 30mph at 1pm Sunday. Diminishing convection offshore - also normal for the time of day as afternoon heating triggers thunderstorms over the peninsula. Good outflow to the south is getting some help from a weak upper low over the northern Bahamas. Winds aloft are rather light and variable and the forecast for northerly shear seems to be unrealistic. May not amount to anything, but at least its something to watch. Will be interesting to see if the offshore convection regenerates tonight and tomorrow morning.
Cheers,
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
T.Leap
Unregistered

Re: Area of Interest - Central Florida Coast
      #1352 - Sun Jul 21 2002 05:30 PM

In the next few months it will be interesting to watch what will actually develop in the Atlantic,Caribbean,and the GOM. Seems like to me that the past couple of years we have been getting our fair share of developmentaly challenged storms. It would be nice to track a"classic" type looking storm for a change on this side of the water.

Rad
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: St. Pete Fl. {27.8N 82.7W}
Re: Area of Interest - Central Florida Coast
      #1353 - Sun Jul 21 2002 06:43 PM

Yea , I seen that Ed , looks as it might be something worth watching .

--------------------
RIDE 2 LIVE 2 RIDE

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2285

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center