F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: Strong storms developing over the FL Peninsula
      #14942 - Sat Jun 05 2004 02:10 AM

Saying that however, when we flew back from the UK last year, it was so neat. As you approached florida, you could see all the storms or cumulus clouds lined up along the coast. And i will tell you that even showers produce rough turbulance. We got thrown around a whole bunch up there, and that wasn't even a fully fledged thunderstorm.

--------------------
"Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get"
- Robert A. Heinlein

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Spike
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Central, Florida
      #14944 - Sat Jun 05 2004 02:11 AM

Well keep it up. That was a great photo.

--------------------
Patrick
God Bless America
Be proud of your Country!

Cosmo
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
      #14951 - Sat Jun 05 2004 02:36 AM

we need a good hurricane or tornado soon because ive been wanting ro see 1 bad ive heard that some mans house was shreded by 1thats what im wating for but ill mostly see tornados more than anything since i dont live near the ocean i wouldnt see many i live in town.

Edited by Cosmo (Sat Jun 05 2004 02:37 AM)

Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged:
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Advice From the Moderator
      #14952 - Sat Jun 05 2004 02:39 AM

This is a stern reminder to some of our newer and younger Users that the Central Florida Hurricane Center is NOT a Chat Room. Its primary purpose is to serve as a gathering point for excellent dialogue on Atlantic Basin tropical activity. This Forum is for those discussions that are not associated with tropical Atlantic activity, but the same rules apply, i.e., it is a place for discussion, not the one-liners that you would normally find in a chat room. Great in-depth posts on any subject are allowed here. If you want to have a short message dialogue with someone, use the Private Message (PM) feature. Thank you.

Ed Dunham
CFHC Moderator

Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #14953 - Sat Jun 05 2004 02:39 AM

I wouldn't mind chasing one with someone who was trained and knew what they were doing, and wouldn't mind seeing one from distance, but to have one heading for my house i have to say no. The eye of a Hurricane must be pretty cool to experience, a dead silence with no birds or anything.

--------------------
- Robert A. Heinlein

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
      #14954 - Sat Jun 05 2004 02:43 AM

Cosmo (Kramer?)

Dont want to dampen your enthusiasm but...your statement:

>>>we need a good hurricane or tornado soon because ive been wanting ro see 1 bad ive heard that some mans house was shreded by 1thats what im wating for but ill mostly see tornados more than anything since i dont live near the ocean i wouldnt see many i live in town.

Don't think you really want that. As they say, "be careful what you wish for." Talk to some of the mets or major posters on this board and they'll tell you what's what.

BTW Welcome to the boards...keep in mind these posters are almost pros (and some are). Personal observations and insightful comments are always welcome...

LIP

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Spike
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #14955 - Sat Jun 05 2004 02:47 AM

I'm sure seeing the eye would be very exciting to see. Not many people get a chance to see that in person. And LI Phil I agree with you about the tornado, there is no way i would want it to hit my house, but it would be cool to see from a distance.

--------------------
Patrick
God Bless America
Be proud of your Country!

Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Strong storms possible again tomorrow
      #14956 - Sat Jun 05 2004 03:07 AM

Well guys, i'm signing out until tomorrow, everything has about dissapated now with the loss of daytime heating. Be ready again tomorrow though, although we have not been catagorically outlooked for a slight risk of severe storms by the SPC, it looks as though a few storms (not as many as today though) could become strong or severe tomorrow as well. That being said, lightning is the #1 killer in florida and it comes with any thunderstorm severe or not.

--------------------
- Robert A. Heinlein

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 9037

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center