F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 211 (Idalia) , Major: 211 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 211 (Idalia) Major: 211 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Jamiewx
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: 96L invest for system near Bermuda [Re: Cycloneye]
      #15875 - Thu Jul 08 2004 11:24 AM

Satellite Services Division has already begun issuing T-numbers. The first classification is "too weak" however.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: 96L invest for system near Bermuda [Re: Cycloneye]
      #15876 - Thu Jul 08 2004 11:30 AM

Luis,

Thanks for the backup site. NRL always seems to be down. I'm quite surprised they gave an Invest to that storm.

GFS takes the remnants of 95L and moves them thru the islands to just off South Fla by early next week. Been watching that wave all week and still feel it's the best candidate for development. As JB said this am, right now it's heading for "no man's land" so no development for the next 48 hours or so.

96L will probably be picked up by the trof and make it's way to Merry England. BTW, Satellite pix of Western Europe show a pretty nasty storm affecting Great Britain...even has what looks like an eye and banding features. Maybe James can tell us all about it...but not in this forum.

Bobbi,

Ed EDits me more than anyone. Doesn't bother me, as he's only doing his job. And I think he leaves a lot more in than he could. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am as guilty as anyone on off-topic posts -- I've tried to post them in the appropriate forums, only NOBODY responds. That's why I put 'em up on the main board and take my chances with Ed.

Ed's right about one thing...there are people who get upset when you DON'T edit. In fact, about two hours after John gave me moderator status, I got a PM asking me why I wasn't editing posts. So there are some on these boards who might take offense to what some of us have posted.

It's all about learning here, and our mutual love of the weather. I think Ed's much more inclined to let stuff stay on the boards in the slow times. Things are beginning to pick up now, and we'll have much more to talk about.

Well, I've said my piece. Ed - feel free to edit this all out if you want to. I'm not going to engage in any personal attacks or other retribution.

PEACE,

LI Phil

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

javlin
Weather Master

Reged: Wed
Loc: Biloxi,MS
Re: On the sats [Re: JustMe]
      #15877 - Thu Jul 08 2004 11:42 AM

It's dull alright but give it time.One of the years listed late as an analog by some was 69.Anna 7/27,Blanche 8/11 and Camille 8/15.As dry as everyone is complaining S FL something might have to give.96lL will be a fish spinner our first storm?The one way out in the Atlantic if can hold some weak circulation till the Lee's maybe something there.

James88
Weather Master

Reged: Tue
Loc: Gloucestershire, England, UK
Re: On the sats [Re: javlin]
      #15878 - Thu Jul 08 2004 11:49 AM

The latest visible satellite view shows a small burst of convection - but it's not very deep. The latest TWO says that the system to the SW of Bermuda appears to be developing a small surface low, and it has the potential for further development. Something else to watch. The season's finally getting started.

As for the storm affecting Great Britain, I'll put something in the Other Weather forum.

Steve hirsch.
Unregistered

Re: 96L invest for system near Bermuda [Re: LI Phil]
      #15879 - Thu Jul 08 2004 11:55 AM

Hey Phil, Ddid JB say he thinks 95L is dead? I still maintain it may be a player down the road. On the SW bermuda low, looks like a TD or Alex may come out of this. Moving slowly right now though. And a trough should take it out> Cheers!!

LI Phil
User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: 96L invest for system near Bermuda [Re: Steve hirsch.]
      #15881 - Thu Jul 08 2004 12:05 PM

Steve,

Not only does he consider 95L to be alive and well, he thinks it will make it across the pond, through the islands, near south florida and eventually into the gulf. Right now it's in an area where there will be no or slow development (next 48 hours), then to the Lees where it may or may not take off. He stopped short of saying this will become Alex, but you know he's rooting it on. Of course, this is what the GFS is saying, and he's just running with that.

Cheers,

LI Phil

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

James88
Weather Master

Reged: Tue
Loc: Gloucestershire, England, UK
      #15883 - Thu Jul 08 2004 12:13 PM

Phil,

What's your opinion on 96L - do we have the makings of our first storm, or is it another teaser before the real action begins?

Steve hirsch.
Unregistered

#15885 - Thu Jul 08 2004 12:31 PM

Thanks for sharing the info. Looks like 95L will have some shear to contend with as well unless the environment in the Caribbean changes during the next day or so. We watch.

bobbi
Unregistered

i know what you mean phil ...but [Re: LI Phil]
      #15900 - Thu Jul 08 2004 02:56 PM

i was on topic.. just being silly and trying to wake everyone up with a pleasant image.. more pleasant than the empty sats

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 29724

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center