F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

General Discussion >> Site Updates, Suggestions and Questions

Pages: 1
bobbi
Unregistered

poured in miami just now, 2 days in a row.. good sign
      #16103 - Wed Jul 14 2004 11:59 PM

good sign to see rain twice... hints of seasonal changes unless its one specific factor doing it, time will tell

not upset about the boards or editing phil.. i could care less honestly.. you keep referring to things as "slow time" vs "busy time" and my response was for you not ED

not daring ed to do anything.. he is his own man, does his thing
if he wants to bury posts where no one reads them or wants to read them.. its his business..

i think i am not alone in saying that very few of us want to read anything but the board that is about the most current going ons in the tropics.. and I belive I am speaking for most people around here.

doubt anyone is so bored that they are looking through every category there is.. some of us have other interests besides weather.. honest

my point was that you Phil keep referring to "in slow times its okay" and i was pointing out to you that as you look around the basin....the whole basin.. its slow, as slow as it gets and rabbit is right in that most seasons things dont get cooking until late july.. LATE july

and most of those years with a small storm in may or june, a TD or two or those waves we watch the whole way across but never spin aren't really anything but a nominal statistic where by some miracle freak of nature they maintained depression status for a day or two

and as was said here before... on the record or off..we had one that hit Haiti and killed thousands and that comes darn close

and that is why i dont like the counting guessing games because but for five miles an hour one way or the other you get statistics that don't always reflect true action or a good picture of the situation

would suggest you dont assume things and imagine that im sitting around trying to annoy Ed.. furthest thing from my mind today, really..

wow i just saw a lightning strike to the south.. dont think the storms are gone...some ways to the south..

okay..so if I were Ed and I'm not I'm be happier than a pig in shit that someone somewhere was reading the boards during the slow times and hope that most of the people stick around for good serious discussion during the serious times

never assume anything phil.. i learned that along time ago

was doing a round up of the season and reiterating it is slow so choose your words real carefully

going to go watch the lightning show outside and make a wish

and it isnt about this board, trust me
tho i do like you all very much here in somewhere land

bobbi
ps...stick this post where ever yall see fit for it to be
its your board, you live here and you should be happy with it
mean that

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bobbi
Unregistered

ps...to phil and for the board.. [Re: bobbi]
      #16104 - Thu Jul 15 2004 12:06 AM

i promise i wont rant no matter where you put the post..
promise so dont go worrying your pretty little head and not in the mood to fight on the board

i wasnt the one that looked like they were going ballastic over el nino posts

believe it or not.. my mind is real preoccupied today and has nothing to do with the tropics.. then again if something were to spin up..somewhere..out of the blue..somehow

my mind would be back here fast

hope no one jinxed the hurricane season

maybe the gulf will brew, bobbi

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: poured in miami just now, 2 days in a row.. good sign [Re: bobbi]
      #16105 - Thu Jul 15 2004 12:07 AM

bobbi, some one is stealing your posts...
a surfing site

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
A Quote From "The Wedding Singer" [Re: Anonymous]
      #16108 - Thu Jul 15 2004 12:19 AM

>>> Hey, psychochick, we're not going to talk about this. It's over. Now get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Bobbi
Unregistered

stolen post...thanks anonymous..its okay [Re: Anonymous]
      #16110 - Thu Jul 15 2004 01:57 AM

Nothing online is copyrighted and anyone can cut and paste anything. Its just my words, not me... and besides they'll just get Cameron Diaz to play me in the movie so... I'll survive.

Funny how some people have to steal other people's lives.

And, that brings me to a good point.
Soemthing we rarely talk about. Surfers.

We forget how many other people read these boards and for how many reasons.

I remember years back wxr chat on aol was full of surfers.
Think Cyclone from PR used to talk to surfers down there years back.. unless I'm mistaken.

So... maybe we should make a board just for surfers and stuff like that.

Sorry..okay, being serious.

Steve Lyons used to talk all the time about surfers in storms because he used to surf years back or something, its in his bio.

Anyway...thanks for the link to that site. Have heard that name Reid before somewhere, cant remember where. Oh I know.. a great weather book by an old famous weather man. One of the first around name Reid. Law of storms or something.

I read it over at the hurricane center on virgina key in the library there.

Now those were trackers... really more writers, commentators, scientists of the highest caliber.. w/o satellites and radar they dedicated their lives to better understanding tropical cyclones.

Bet HankFrank and a few others here know who I'm talking about.

Anyway...the basic is pretty much put to bed for the night and so am I.

Hang in there gang.. something will develop and Rabbit or Steve whoever said... most years (like 98) don't start til late July and the only thing I can add to that is once they start..whatever hurricane dust they use out there to get that first one rolling...it lasts and lasts and they keep on coming.

As to anonymous one on that surfing board... thanks, they say stealing people's post is the best form of flattery so I'm flattered.. Just remember next time.. dont let Cameron play me in the movie. I'm short, cute, well built and I have dark brown hair.

and BTW..you'll all doing a good job of researching old canes and things..I'm just not up to it this year. Want some action, want some all night 2am tracking, want some storm surge at the beach.. models and thinking and calculating and want to see SNONUT post and I guess I want to feel like its 1998 again or cut to the chase where ever that is..

bobbi, me..only one me and isn't hank happy about that

LoisCane
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: South Florida
someone please tell me how I can change my password [Re: Bobbi]
      #16111 - Thu Jul 15 2004 02:13 AM

so i can post again on this name... i keep losing it and getting new ones... and its no longer saving my password for some reason even when I request it.

thanks.
excuse the offtopic nature of this ..i wanted to send a few private messages

id talk tropically topical but there isnt much to say
nite

--------------------
http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: someone please tell me how I can change my password [Re: LoisCane]
      #16115 - Thu Jul 15 2004 02:28 AM

Bobbi,

All is now good. Check out my PM. Ed, sorry about this thread. Think we've ironed everything out.

PEACE 'YO'

LI Phil

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Tropics Guy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Miami, Florida
Re: poured in miami just now, 2 days in a row.. good sign [Re: Anonymous]
      #16118 - Thu Jul 15 2004 03:01 AM

Well, finally the rainy season has arrived on the SE coast of Fla, as the upper level winds are blowing the T-storms east ward over the coast, rained hard today in the FT Laud area.
About the tropics currently these words describe it best: zero, nada, zilch (need any more descriptive words?) going on right now., the only faint glimmer may be the wave coming off of Africa but it'll probably dissapate like the others. I had posted in a much earlier post that it may very well be a "1992" year in which the "A" storm won't develop until Aug, it seems like were headed in that direction, but maybe we'll see a TD between now and then.
Just wanted to elaborate a little about how I enjoy reading the non-topic posts about MJO, SAL, etc during the slow times, i've learned a lot from these posts and feel that during these "slow times" that they should stay on this main forum not moved or edited, most people just visit this main board anyway.
TG out

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: stolen post...thanks anonymous..its okay [Re: Bobbi]
      #16119 - Thu Jul 15 2004 03:26 AM

Did I mention I have a signed copy of Isaac Cline's "Tropical Cyclones"??? So, I get your references...:)

All the subsequent owners signed it too...quite a pedigree, and somehow ended up in my hands by the grace of God when I was 14 years old...a nice old man named Mr. Ransom died and left 2 copies in the hands of his widow. My friend Bill got one and I got the other...they were prisitne then in 1969...

sc

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: stolen post...thanks anonymous..its okay [Re: Anonymous]
      #16120 - Thu Jul 15 2004 03:27 AM

Pristine, I mean!

sc

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5437

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center