F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 232 (Idalia) , Major: 232 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 232 (Idalia) Major: 232 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)
tenavilla
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tampa Area
Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away [Re: LI Phil]
      #26522 - Mon Sep 13 2004 03:53 PM

I notice they have the high still squarely over FL. Didn't someone say it was eroding a little more than anticipated?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JackF
Unregistered

Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away [Re: LI Phil]
      #26523 - Mon Sep 13 2004 03:53 PM

Where is Rick and his boat anyway?

doug
Weather Analyst

Reged: Mon
Loc: parrish,fl
Re: model shifts [Re: tenavilla]
      #26524 - Mon Sep 13 2004 03:54 PM

These aren't reall "bands" the first of such is down around the keys, but clearly the moisture associated with Ivan has traversed up into the Tampa area and the showers are moving in association with the general SE flow around Ivan

--------------------
doug

rickonboat
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Wed
      #26525 - Mon Sep 13 2004 03:58 PM

Hey, if it hits here..I've got insurance. Just got back from Nashville, delivering a Mercedes...and now I gotta do something with this boat. Here's what I'll do...double line the boat on all sides....throw some more bumpers on the sides....and come back to see what's left. My neighbor and his wife took off up the Mobile River about 20 miles...and are gonna tie up to some cypress trees and all..then abandon ship..and see if it is still there...after Ivan comes calling.

If it hits Mobile as a cat 4-5....nothing I do to prepare will help...the storm surge would be 20'...and that with the winds..oh well...

just looking at the loops.....just slightly north of nw...definitely not a trend to nnw...but once it starts heading due north...anyone west of that is safe...

Thunder
Weather Watcher

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Re: model shifts [Re: doug]
      #26526 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:00 PM

Has J. Cantore repositioned himself to get right in the path yet? I know he had to have split from down south.

LI Phil
User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away [Re: rickonboat]
      #26527 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:02 PM

Just out of curiousity, since you've been thru a III...if Ivan hits to your East (lets say for arguments' sake, PCB) as a III or IV, how bad would it be for your boat? I know a hit to your west could be catastrophic.

Stay safe.

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

mbfly
Weather Guru

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
      #26528 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:02 PM

IS THAT FOR REAL ??? HOW MUCH STOCK SHOULD I PUT IN THAT PREDICTION ?? All this talk about the forcast shifting back to the east, I was starting to think we were out of the woods. (sorta)

LoisCane
Veteran Storm Chaser

Loc: South Florida
New Direction for Ivan.. new tropical depression? [Re: Unregistered User]
      #26529 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:02 PM

Think its very probable that they will change the heading to NNW at 5 and the discussion should be very interesting .. depending on who is writing it.

Aren't really any words on how this is playing out live and hoping to read good discussion tonight here when everyone gets done with work and is up to speed and sure that what Ivan looks to be doing isn't a short term trend.

No words.. really.
None at all. Not by me.

And... btw ... Stewart doesn't bring things up for no reason. He is one of the best there is and if he brings it up it is for one very good reason. He isn't one to speculate. Imply yeah.. speculate no.

--------------------
http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/

Terra
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Kingwood, Texas
Re: model shifts [Re: Thunder]
      #26530 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Has J. Cantore repositioned himself to get right in the path yet? I know he had to have split from down south.

He's in Panama City (he just came on TWC). They commented that he looks like he'll be in the path of the storm.... so, I guess he's where he wants to be...

--------------------
Terra Dassau Cahill

LI Phil
User

Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away [Re: mbfly]
      #26531 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:05 PM Attachment (349 downloads)

It's for real...I wouldn't post it if it weren't.

This attachment shows accuwx predicted path contrasted with NHC. Quite a bit of disagreement...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

jth
Storm Tracker

Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away [Re: mbfly]
      #26532 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:05 PM

Mobile is probably safe, but not completely out of the woods. Ivan has wobbled NNW the last hour or two, but should begin moving NW again soon. As Rick on Boat said, once it starts moving due north (not wobbles, but extended movement) if you are west of there you are safe.

That said, again I pose the question...Could the new developing depression pump up the ridge east of Ivan and force him back west?

recmod
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Another Vortex Message...back down to 912mb [Re: Ed in Va]
      #26533 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:05 PM

URNT12 KNHC 131954
VORTEX DATA MESSAGE
A. 13/19:32:40Z
B. 21 deg 03 min N
084 deg 44 min W
C. 700 mb 2346 m
D. NA kt
E. deg nm
F. 335 deg 124 kt
G. 235 deg 015 nm
H. 912 mb
I. 10 C/ 3355 m
J. 18 C/ 3341 m
K. 14 C/ NA
L. NA
M. NA
N. 12345/ 7
O. 0.02 / 2 nm
P. AF304 WXWXA 040913IVAN OB 14
MAX FL WIND 157 KT NE QUAD 18:42:00 Z

Looks like Mr Jason Kelley was right (as usual ) The latest recon fix has the pressure back down to 912mb (not an extrapolated estimate either. Ivan is definitely not weakening.
Also, notice that the 1747Z recon fix had the center at 20.53N, 84.41W.....this latest fix is at 21.03N, 84.44W.....a north movement of 10 minutes, with just a 3 minute westward motion. Ivan is moving NNW-N.
--Lou

zim01
Unregistered

#26534 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:05 PM

panama city beach

storm chaser
Unregistered

#26535 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

It's for real...I wouldn't post it if it weren't.

This attachment shows accuwx predicted path contrasted with NHC. Quite a bit of disagreement...

Help me to understand what you are saying about a disagreement.

danigirl
Unregistered

#26536 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:08 PM

He's in Panama City now.

dani

jth
Storm Tracker

#26537 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:08 PM

Same path, just delayed NE turn. I could see that happening for sure.

I don't think they will change the movement to NNW based on just a couple of hours of movement. They usually go with 6-9 hour trends. In that time frame, it is solidly NW.

LI Phil
User

Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away [Re: storm chaser]
      #26538 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:09 PM

You need to click on the "attachment" located below the header. accuwx stuff is proprietary, so I dare not post the image here (plus it eats up bandwidth).

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

doug
Weather Analyst

Loc: parrish,fl
Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away [Re: jth]
      #26539 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:10 PM

"should begin a NW track"
Why?

--------------------
doug

FireAng85
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Mount Dora, FL 32757
      #26540 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:10 PM

yes, I just saw Jim Cantore in Panama City Beach.

--------------------
Angie Robertson
OCFRD
"So others may live"

mbfly
Weather Guru

Loc: Mobile, Alabama
      #26541 - Mon Sep 13 2004 04:10 PM

I'll take the NHC's please !!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 70761

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center