F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 233 (Idalia) , Major: 233 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 233 (Idalia) Major: 233 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)
LI Phil
User

Reged: Fri
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Folks....a personal request.... [Re: wxman007]
      #26745 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:41 PM

Jason,

What're you kidding me?

Edit THAT post?

Jesus (sorry) I've got tears in my eyes...I told you this in a PM but I'll reiterate it here...godspeed!

I'm not a religious man, but Ivan is making me rethink my position on that...you be safe!!!

Someone is going to feel a whole world of hurt...only problem is wishing it somewhere else only moves that hurt somewhere else...too bad my Fl Straits theory can't happen...

I'm sure there about a million or more who have to make life and death decisions in the next 24 hours...they may as well have the whole cone under evac orders.

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. Wish there was something I could do from up here...I'm really hurting for the bucks ATTM, but whoever needs whatever I can send, let me know...

hoofah

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
visitor
Unregistered

Re: Sustaining Cat 5? [Re: Unregistered User]
      #26746 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:41 PM

Prayers are on the way along with prayers for my family in Lynn Haven that have flooded twice....I have been hoping for A Pensacola landfall as I can weather this better than they..

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged: Thu
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Sustaining Cat 5? [Re: StormHound]
      #26747 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:42 PM

Isn't that a physics principle of mass conservation?

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

SoonerShawn
Unregistered

Prayers are with you Jason [Re: visitor]
      #26748 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:44 PM

I don't see a WNW jog that you all do. In fact I see more of a north motion now.

Allison
Weather Guru

Reged: Tue
Loc: Laredo, Texas
Re: Sustaining Cat 5? [Re: LI Phil]
      #26749 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Also...I sure hope those calling for a CAT II at landfall are right, but I don't see ANYTHING out there to stop at least a strong III/weak IV...depending on the conditions, why not a V?

The WV loop shows a ton of dry air sitting over LA and extending to the GOM... hopefully this will help to weaken Ivan some prior to landfall...

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huwvloop.html
(it actually shows up better on the RAMSDIS loop, but I haven't figured out how to link to it.... )

Allison

--------------------
Allison

wxman007
Meteorologist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: Folks....a personal request.... [Re: kelcot]
      #26750 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:46 PM

Kel...

Her OB is a golfing buddy...if needs be I can get her admitted.

It is a girl, and her name will be Virginia Grace (Jenna)...we aren't changing to Ivana....lol

Thanks for all the well wishes...now let's get back on topic!!!

--------------------
Jason Kelley

Edited by wxman007 (Mon Sep 13 2004 08:50 PM)

MrSpock
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Re: Prayers are with you Jason [Re: SoonerShawn]
      #26751 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:50 PM

phew, I thought it was me. I tried getting different shots, and the last one I had did have that N jog.

FunkyLamb

Reged: Mon
Loc: New Orleans, LA
Re: Sustaining Cat 5? [Re: visitor]
      #26752 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:51 PM

New Orleans Update...

All Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, St. Tammany and Plaquemines Parish public schools are CLOSED. All Archdiocese schools are CLOSED. Loyola University and UNO are closed.

As was said earlier in the thread, Mayor Nagin has basically given a voluntary evacuation.

I-55 between 1-10 and I-12 heading south has been closed in anticipation of evacuation traffic.

--------------------
FunkyLamb

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

rule
Weather Guru

Loc: Ocala, Florida
Re: Sustaining Cat 5? [Re: Keith234]
      #26753 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:51 PM

I read that as "a psychic principle of mass conversion"..

Made for a confused moment. Comes from being somewhat dyslexic...

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Re: Sustaining Cat 5? [Re: visitor]
      #26754 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:53 PM

My personal opinion is that regardless if Ivan goes a little to the east or west of Pensacola, the area is in for a pounding.... you are right in the middle of the cone of probability... something really weird would have to happen for Pensacola not the get some significant weather from Ivan.... it would be much better for you if it were to hit on the east side, but if it does hit on your west, say Mobile, Pensacola will be pummeled... big time... providing of course it's intensity is still in the Cat3/4 range....

yeah, Pensacola right now looks like its in for a very rough time...things can change ... stay tuned...

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
      #26755 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:53 PM

Best and prayers from me as well Jason.

Away for a bit all. Hopefully it won't crash.

clyde w.
Storm Tracker

Loc: Orlando, FL
      #26756 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:54 PM

Jason--

I don't have a lot of pull with the big guy, but you have my prayers tonight as well.

Kindness repaid likewise--if there is a such thing as karma I know you and your wife will be just fine, because He wouldn't let anything happen to someone who gives so much to weather enthusiasts without asking anything in return. Good luck in the next few days to you--and everyone in the path of this beast.

tikibar
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sun
Loc: 28.6N 81.37W
      #26757 - Mon Sep 13 2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

It is a girl, and her name will be Virginia Grace (Jenna)...we aren't changing to Ivana....lol

hmmm... sounds like a princess

good thing!
As I recall, Ivana was the name of a big luxury yacht bouncing off things in Palm Beach during Frances!

rule
Weather Guru

Loc: Ocala, Florida
landfall? [Re: FunkyLamb]
      #26759 - Mon Sep 13 2004 09:14 PM

Ok, with this last N wobble, can I claim my "west Cuba landfall by EW" prediction? Or am I 50 feet short?

Just think what it's like on that bit of land right now...

Terra
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Kingwood, Texas
Re: Sustaining Cat 5? [Re: FunkyLamb]
      #26760 - Mon Sep 13 2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

New Orleans Update...

All Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, St. Tammany and Plaquemines Parish public schools are CLOSED. All Archdiocese schools are CLOSED. Loyola University and UNO are closed.

As was said earlier in the thread, Mayor Nagin has basically given a voluntary evacuation.

I-55 between 1-10 and I-12 heading south has been closed in anticipation of evacuation traffic.

Of course that means my son has no school and I still have work, as I teach at a University a little more northern..... Actually, I don't want our school to close. I am giving an exam in my night class tomorrow.

Looking at the nice area high pressure over Louisiana, it seems like a waste... but, I guess tis better to be safe....

Great.... just saw that St. Tammany off-campus classes at SLU are cancelled for tomorrow. So much for that exam.....

--------------------
Terra Dassau Cahill

Edited by Terra (Mon Sep 13 2004 09:24 PM)

SoonerShawn
Unregistered

By the way... [Re: tikibar]
      #26761 - Mon Sep 13 2004 09:16 PM

I WAS WRONG!!!!

I admit I was totally off on my prediction with the trof and its effects on Ivan. It's a good thing I don't do it for a living because I'd be fired on my first day...lol

LI Phil
User

Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: By the way... [Re: SoonerShawn]
      #26762 - Mon Sep 13 2004 09:21 PM

Mike must be back on line because not five minutes after he went off...down we went...

Shawn...that's the spirit! I say that (sometime on line, sometimes off) every day!

I've been wrong about this one since day 1, but I think I did actually nail the no coobah landfall...maybe.

40 minutes and counting...

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

dmusc

Re: Hurricane Ivan About to Enter the Gulf of Mexico, TD#11 Forms East of Leewards [Re: MikeC]
      #26763 - Mon Sep 13 2004 09:24 PM

I have been folllowing the models since the beginning of Ivan. I live in the Jacksonville FL area. I get alot of information from the Accuweather Pro site and Joe Bastardi. Does anyone have information on the latest FSU Superensemble model run? I know it is proprietary and password protected online. The NHC discussions have not mentioned it in any of the latest discussions, although they did early on. I'm hoping this is not the wrong place to put this question.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

OOZ GFDL now hitting Biloxi, no really, I promise, see for yourself [Re: SoonerShawn]
      #26764 - Mon Sep 13 2004 09:26 PM

looks like a good initialization on it too... these models are starting to piss me off.... I would be very happy if they all point to the panhandle, nothing personal you floridians... but I'm getting tired of these models pointing at me..... go figure... here's the link for all of you bored enough right now to review....

If you plot it, they will come..... need to get Kevin Costner to play the part of the NHC forecaster

GOM, the graveyard of busted forecasts... will this be another to add to the list...

http://www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/plots/storm_09.gif

HCW
Storm Tracker

Loc: Mobile,AL
Re: By the way... [Re: LI Phil]
      #26765 - Mon Sep 13 2004 09:28 PM

http://maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200409_model.gif

Okay I'm tired of the west shift but now it looks like most of the models are pointing at Mobile bay

Time to get back to boarding up and picking up stuff. Have a good night everyone James N Mobile AL

--------------------
Over 4,000 members and now on a new server

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 75546

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center