F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Chill falls over the Atlantic as the official season heads towards close
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 232 (Idalia) , Major: 232 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 232 (Idalia) Major: 232 (Idalia)
None
COMMUNICATION
STORM DATA
CONTENT
FOLLOW US
ADS
Login to remove ads

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
MrSpock
Storm Tracker

Reged: Wed
Re: NRL sat [Re: LI Phil]
      #27866 - Wed Sep 15 2004 05:56 PM

That is an amazing picture, I don't know if I have ever seen anything like that before.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Maggie'sMom

Reged: Sun
Re: the good news... [Re: Frank P]
      #27867 - Wed Sep 15 2004 05:57 PM

Thanks Frank P for not sugar coating it. I dread the drive down I65 if and when we get to head back to what's left of Goula. I'm scarded to death of what I might or might not find.

Not feeling real secure here in Montgomery. I have a brother in Montgomery. His wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant. We came here because of family and DOGS. Yes, I'm one of those people too, Frank P. Seems like we'll get really rough weather here. Thanks again. You will be in my thoughts.

MrSpock
Storm Tracker

Re: I Think Frank This is a New Trend [Re: Frank P]
      #27868 - Wed Sep 15 2004 05:58 PM

I wish your brother were with you. I would not want to be there either. Is it too late for him to leave?
As you said, sadly, someone will see the center of the storm.
Please let us know how your brother is too if you find out. Hopefully his cell phone will still work.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Mon
Re: the bulge [Re: Unregistered User]
      #27869 - Wed Sep 15 2004 05:59 PM

wm. I don't think so,someone else might like to address this question, he looks solid on the north motion.... now if the eye were to elongate say nw to se, then I might get worried.... but its concentric as I've ever seen, almost perfect for an eye.

I just lost power... strange., they must have shut down the grids... bassets are pissed and barking like.... hound dawgs...

WannabeMete

Live TV Coverage from Mobile [Re: Unregistered User]
      #27870 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:00 PM

Just wanted to give the link for NBC 15 in Mobile

NBC 15 Live TV

I've been viewing this website for a year, since Isabel went through MD. Well, now I'm in TN, so I guess Im in for a repeat performance. I feel like I know a few of you alredy from reading it so much. Good luck to all of you in the Gulf Area.

rhendryx
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Tampa, FL
Re: Jeanne landfalls on Puerto Rico - Ivan Holding at Cat 4 [Re: andy1tom]
      #27871 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:01 PM

from channel 13 in Panama City Beach

Update: One confirmed death occurred on Panama City Beach as a result of this tornado. There are reports of several houses with significant damage or possibly destroyed by this tornado.

eulogia
Weather Watcher

Loc: SW FL
Re: the bulge [Re: Frank P]
      #27872 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:02 PM

Just before the you-know-what hit the fan with Charley, the power grid was turned off down here. I think they do that so when the branches start ripping down lines, etc, people don't get electrocuted. Or something. What the heck. All I know is that I am vicariously reliving that horrible afternoon through your experience and it's not fun.

--------------------
Agnes (1972), No Name Storm (1993), various and sundry, Charley (2004), Wilma (2005,) et. al

andy1tom
Storm Tracker

Loc: Callaway, Florida
Re: Jeanne landfalls on Puerto Rico - Ivan Holding at Cat 4 [Re: rhendryx]
      #27873 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:05 PM

said hamiltons (next to capt. andersons) took a hit too. it has been real squally here with groups of tornado's. surge is up quite a bit too. haven't been able to check height though because of the squalls. wind is not that bad but gusty when the cells come through. (sorry for spelling)

Kent
Weather Guru

Loc: Ft. Lauderdale
Webcams! [Re: MrSpock]
      #27874 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:10 PM

webcams:
St George Island
http://www.beachview.com/st_george_is_320.htm

Gulf Shores
http://www.gulflive.com/beachcam/

Fairhope Alabama on Mobile Bay
http://www.liveeyenet.com/pier.htm

a list of them
http://www.gulf-shores-alabama.net/gulf-shores-beach-cam.html

waync2
Unregistered

Re: the bulge [Re: Frank P]
      #27875 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:10 PM

cool, on the sat link i posted it shows some heavy rain
building on the west side.

good luck, will be a cool one to see pass by. too bad it will be at night.

wm

MrSpock
Storm Tracker

models [Re: andy1tom]
      #27876 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:11 PM

The ETA, and now that the GFS is out, both show Ivan being picked up by the next trough, so hopefully it won't stall in the mountains. 1 run does not a trend make, but I'd rather spread out the heavy rains over a large area, then concentrate them in one area. Let's see if this turns into a model trend.
The next issue is, if this happens, what happens to Jeanne? Does it recurve before Florida? We'll see, too soon to tell.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Re: I Think Frank This is a New Trend [Re: MrSpock]
      #27877 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:15 PM

will do, we stay in contact ever hour... winds picking up right now... gusts to about 35 I would imagine...

I told him that if I was in his shoes I would get the hell outta there.... gave him the matress advice too...

damn, its dark as hell in here....

He's hearing that there are rumors its going to go more east towards Pen, can anyone confirm that???

I'll be loging off every now and then to conserve battery power, I want to get as many miles to the gallon tonight as I can...

right now, this board is my best friend and I certainly don't feel alone....

thanks

Redbird
Unregistered

#27878 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:16 PM

I am glad you are still okay and your pooches too.. check in as often as batteries allow........................hang on tight!

BabyCat
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: New Orleans, La.
      #27879 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:18 PM

looks north
someone else??

Bloodstar

Loc: Tucson, AZ
So I get home in Clearwater... [Re: MikeC]
      #27880 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:19 PM

Hey, I'm on the bayside of Clearwater, FL. Just got home from work, and what do I find? water in my back and side yards... anyone have any idea on the time frame for highest water over here in the Tampa area? Anyone got any sandbags? heh...

Seriously, any suggestions people, I know my situation is no where near as serious... but it's still a bit vexxing

Mark
(This hasn't been the best greeting to have when you move somewhere... bloody hurricanes)

Timbo

#27881 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:19 PM

Frank - You may want to go into your pwer setup on your laptop and turn everything way down e.g. hard drive, etc., it will save power and eloingate the life span. I'm sitting in Dallas but thinking of you and the rest of the folks on the Gulf Cost since I spent close to 15 years there!

MrSpock
Storm Tracker

#27882 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:19 PM

I can't, but I am only looking at radar and satellite. I actually don't know if any forecasters are making that call. It looks basically due north for the current motion.

CentralFlorida
Weather Watcher

Loc: Port Richey FL
      #27883 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:20 PM

Frank the weather station here in central florida brought up that hurricanes like to hook right just before land fall....if that holds true will you be better off??

--------------------
Survived Charley, Jeanne, Frances, Ivan and my Wife

rhendryx
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Tampa, FL
Re: Jeanne landfalls on Puerto Rico - Ivan Holding at Cat 4 [Re: rhendryx]
      #27884 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:20 PM

latest from news 13 panama city beach

A tornado generated by Hurricane Ivan touched down on Panama City Beach on Wednesday afternoon.

One death has been confirmed from this Panama City Beach tornado.

There is also another death reported in the Sandy Creek area of Callaway where two houses were reportedly flattened. Bay County Sheriff's Office has not confirmed this 2nd death.

rule
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Ocala, Florida
Darwin Award [Re: waync2]
      #27885 - Wed Sep 15 2004 06:21 PM

Well, my sister which lives in Mobile has decided they are staying. This is after 10 days of saying "If it comes NEAR us we're gone!"

She's about 10 miles West of Mobile. No trees near the house, but in a large natural clearing so no wind break either. House has poor roof shape for winds. Steep gable type. If the roof doesn't come off it's still going to the shake the house up.

They had no reason to stay. Pretty dumb.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 98762

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center