F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2004 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: Old Sailor]
      #28938 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:06 AM

Glad to see ya back Old Sailor... wondering what happened to ya... Joe Bastardi also forecasted a very similar type track to what you are saying the navy has forecasted for Jeanne (I think his was closer to the New Orleans area)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lhag
Unregistered

Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: Keith234]
      #28939 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:11 AM

A request for the board:

I am a rank amateur when it comes to weather, storms, and such. I can follow a good majority of the posts, but occasionally I come across an acronym I cannot make sense of. Can somebody please post a primer of sorts regarding the most commonly used acronyms (i.e. TUTTS, LLC, etc)

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? *DELETED* [Re: lhag]
      #28940 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:14 AM

Post deleted by Keith234

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

Edited by Keith234 (Sat Sep 18 2004 02:18 AM)

1stMarDiv
Unregistered

#28941 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:17 AM

Quote:

I agree with you Rasavar, it's not a wise idea to change a forecast admist much confusion. They should stick to one forecast until the remmants of Ivan make more sense to were they're going. Looks like they will first head out to sea following the trough, then they will get caught up in the ridge and move southwest, then have a fujihawara affect with Jeanne, proprelling her to the Carolinas. As Ed said, the north track of the hurricane is very dubious (did I use the word correctly LOL). I bet everyone in florida is just pissed off, in my case I would just leave the plywood up and say s**** it and start cursing my head off. On a diffferent note, Rick James died can anyone guess why? LOL

I've been lurking here listening to this pain in the donkey ramble on about nothing at all and try to sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Look, this isn't a game. Ivan has killed about 110 people so far and still counting. People (like me) come to this board for information from reliable, experienced professionals and seasoned weather enthusiasts.

You sound like some punk kid who needs a hobby outside the house. It's great that you're interested, but back off and let the grown ups talk.

Kent
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale
      #28942 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:21 AM

TUTT=
something Upper Trough something

...at least I tried guys!

Keith234
Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: 40.7N/73.3W Long Island
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: 1stMarDiv]
      #28943 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:22 AM

Sorry if I upset you, I know this is very serious and I'm not experincing it. I am by no means a "punk kid" if I was then why would want a hobby talking about weather? Have a nice night and again sorry.

--------------------
"I became insane with horrible periods of sanity"
Edgar Allan Poe

1stMarDiv
Unregistered

#28944 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:24 AM

Quote:

Sorry if I upset you, I know this is very serious and I'm not experincing it. I am by no means a "punk kid" if I was then why would want a hobby talking about weather? Have a nice night and again sorry.

That's ok. By the way it's 40.762 N, 73.3W I was looking it up to come over and give you a swat.

Old Sailor
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Florida
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: Frank P]
      #28945 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:25 AM

Glad to be back Frank,

To soon to say but the track I seen, looked close to the 1900 #1 hurricane we know what that one did,, thinking on their models is that a high will block, FL and west to LA.
For all we knowJeanne could just die or stay as a TS, Nobody sure what tomorrow will bring. shear and the GOM water temp has drop my area only 82 degrees, it's a wait and see and hope nobody gets nailed, to many have been hurt this year.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: Kent]
      #28946 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:25 AM

TROPICAL UPPER TROPOSPHERIC TROUGH

Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Parrish Fl
      #28947 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:26 AM

I think his trash talk was unjustified. Hey unregistered why dont you go elsewhere! You have a serious attitude. lighten up!

Weather Guru

Reged:
      #28948 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:28 AM

I wouldnt bother apologizing to him. li phil should delete that one or any of the mods. Terrible attitude!

1stMarDiv
Unregistered

Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: 52255225]
      #28949 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:30 AM

I'm not trying to light anyones candle. I use this board because it is the most professional of any I've seen. I really don't care why Rick James died, but I am heart broken and care why all these other people died in the last 24 to 36 hours. I also don't think eaither of these issues should be followed by "LOL".

Weather Guru

Reged:
      #28950 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:35 AM

lots of pros over at storm2k too. go check it out
. storm2k.org.

HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Mobile,AL
Hello from south AL We got lucky :) [Re: 52255225]
      #28951 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:39 AM

Just picked up a new generator and just tried the DSL and was shocked to see that it works. We saw 127 mph winds here and 1 twister that split 2 trees in half . 7.44 inches of rain and not much surge. Mobile AL got lucky with this storm cause my friends in the panhadle were not that lucky . James in the 87 degree house

No Power, No water .

--------------------
Over 4,000 members and now on a new server

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

Takingforever
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
      #28952 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:42 AM

You miss the "joke". It was easier to figure out why Rick James died then to figure out where Ivan or Jeanne future tracks and why so many people didn't heed the warnings(Short anwser: Not enough Andrews).

Humor is needed in darkness. It is the light in the darkness. Sometimes people just misunderstand the need for it in the darken time.

Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: Takingforever]
      #28953 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:45 AM

Well put! My thoughts exactly...

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Hey Ihag.... [Re: lhag]
      #28954 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:50 AM

here is a simple definition for a TUTT... hope it helps..

TUTT- Tropospheric Upper level Tilted Trough or (Tropical Upper Tropospheric Trough). This is an upper level wave that commonly develops in tropical environments along old frontal boundaries or in association with an upper level low.

Jeffmidtown
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Atlanta, Ga
Re: Is Jeanne Strengthening...???? [Re: 52255225]
      #28955 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:53 AM

Just a few leftovers from Ivan here in Atlanta......

Still numerous roads under water but the flooding from the Chattahoochee is the thing that everything is talking about....Water was so high that it flooded out most of 6 Flags over Georgia, but they say they'll be open on Saturday, I dunno as what, a water park????

Death toll here in Georgia from Ivan stands at 4 including a 6 year old girl who was swept away by a flash flood in her front yard. They found her body stuck in a drain culvert this morning.

And trees are still falling all over the place. Had one big tree fall across a major throughfare near Emory University and our Fox affiliate.

And next door to me, a neighbor's very LARGE tree fell on his house, but he was alright. Although, when it came down I was awakened by a big whoosh and a shaking sound that shook me out of bed.

Big fear now is downstream of the 'Hooch with flooding and trees falling during a small gust of wind.

BTW, 6" of rain was recorded Thursday from Ivan here in Atlanta.

All those in favor of a nice boring weather week in the Southeast, say Aargh, Matey......

--------------------
You know it's a bad day.....when you wake up and see Jim Cantore and Geraldo Rivera broadcasting from your backyard....literally!

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Jeanne back to TS at 11 [Re: Frank P]
      #28956 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:56 AM

winds 45 mph, wnw movement expected

Takingforever
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Jeanne back to TS at 11 [Re: Frank P]
      #28957 - Sat Sep 18 2004 02:58 AM

Jeanne's a fighter..now lets see what the next chess piece moves.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 54055

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center